• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

The most logical, believable and probable "collapse" scenario (article)

This is a discussion on The most logical, believable and probable "collapse" scenario (article) within the SHTF/Survival&Disaster Preparedness forums, part of the Use and Training category; Guys, I stumbled across this blog/article a week or so ago, and have been thinking about it ever since. I've read countless theories, predictions and ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Use and Training » SHTF/Survival&Disaster Preparedness » The most logical, believable and probable "collapse" scenario (article)

Old 05-14-2012, 12:18 PM   #1
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 73588
The most logical, believable and probable "collapse" scenario (article)

Guys,

I stumbled across this blog/article a week or so ago, and have been thinking about it ever since. I've read countless theories, predictions and statistics on economic collapse scenarios which run the gamut of craziness, fear mongering, and truthfulness. This one may be one of the best, in my opinion. It's realistic, believable, and fits precisely with what we (in this country and Europe) have *actually* been experiencing recently. Take a read and let's discuss.

"What If A Collapse Happened And Nobody Noticed?"
WesternHaikus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 05-14-2012, 02:05 PM   #2
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 34520
frightening.
Groo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:15 PM   #3
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 64083
Good read. Seems to a trend.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:29 PM   #4
XDTalk 15K Member

Member #: 54775
I don't even know where to begin with this.

Quote:
We have a hard time imagining that in the midst of a collapse everything would seem so normal. That day-to-day life would go one for most of us, seemingly unaffected, and that only after vast stretches of time had passed would we notice anything different. That many of us could hold on to our modern conveniences and familiar things. That many people wouldn't even notice what's going on at all. Short of a plague situation, there are not usually piles of bodies during a collapse. Most people don't die. Here's what really happens: People move in with relatives. They barter services. They defer health care. They stop going to school. They sell off their possessions. They go on the dole, if they can. They stop caring. You see people happy to have food and warmth rather than the latest consumer toy. You see entire households supported by one breadwinner. You see homeless shelters and soup kitchens fill up and food banks empty out. You see people hanging out on streetcorners during the day and living in tents. That's what a collapse looks like. Sound familiar? In fact, much of the world never moved from this mode of existence in the first place. Even during the worst historical collapses people still ate good food, listened to music, used the latest technology, and drank beer and wine with friends on warm summer evenings.
its the new normal obama promised us. whole sale misery sold in bulk. it stands to reason that everything in some peoples lives sucks so people focus on reality tv and their new life online. people want to be distracted from real problems as they are comforted by having multiple incomes in one house just to get by.

I agree we are being manipulated and finding comfort where we should be finding outrage and misery.

making due and squeaking by ain't livin'.
Bonehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 04:00 PM   #5
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 73588
While the article takes a much more realistic view of what happens during collapse than I think most understand or expect, the reason WHY, to me, makes the most sense and seems to be the most realistic, and the best part of the article.

That at some point, the world leaders and elite finally realized that there was going to be a collapse due to the system of growth we've built up and the irreparable resource hole we've created... and now they have to put the brakes on the outcomes to slowly shrink things through policy and other subtle methods so that, at some point, there can be growth again. Meanwhile, they're busy doing everything they can to ensure their lifestyle won't have to change in the post-collapse world. Seems a lot more conceivable than an abrupt economic crash resulting in rioting, widespread violence and people fleeing to the hills.
WesternHaikus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 05:58 PM   #6
XDTalk 10K Member

even during the slow silent collapses, something happens that isn't so silent and things get much worse before they get better. WW2 would be an example of that. It was the cumulation of the Great Depression, which was clearly a global "silent sliding collapse".
Old 05-14-2012, 06:01 PM   #7
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 12586
ever wonder where these came from

Quote:
THE MESSAGE OF THE GEORGIA GUIDESTONES
1. Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
2. Guide reproduction wisely - improving fitness and diversity.
3. Unite humanity with a living new language.
4. Rule passion - faith - tradition - and all things with tempered reason.
5. Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
6. Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
7. Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
8. Balance personal rights with social duties.
9. Prize truth - beauty - love - seeking harmony with the infinite.
10.Be not a cancer on the earth - Leave room for nature - Leave room for nature.
The Georgia Guidestones

What is the true significance of the American Stonehenge, and why is its covert message important? Because it confirms the fact that there was (maybe possibly still IS) a covert group intent on
(1) Dramatically reducing the population of the world.
(2) Promoting environmentalism.
(3) Establishing a world government.
(4) Promoting a new spirituality.
‎"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!" - Sam Houston
"quo vadis"
AwPhuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:00 PM   #8
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 38362
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwPhuch View Post
ever wonder where these came from

The Georgia Guidestones

What is the true significance of the American Stonehenge, and why is its covert message important? Because it confirms the fact that there was (maybe possibly still IS) a covert group intent on
(1) Dramatically reducing the population of the world.
(2) Promoting environmentalism.
(3) Establishing a world government.
(4) Promoting a new spirituality.
Starting with themselves?

No, I didn't think so!

When was the global population 500 million? What did the world look like then?

The year was around 1500AD and it was the middle of what we call "the dark ages" in Europe. The orient, middle east and east, south and middle America were ruled by ruthless despots. Africa and North America were feuding tribes. Life expectancy was around 35 years.

Sounds great....

Tactical black cat - sleeps in doorways

A right unused become a privilege for the ruling class.

john_bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:29 AM   #9
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 16572
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_bud View Post
Starting with themselves?

No, I didn't think so!

When was the global population 500 million? What did the world look like then?

The year was around 1500AD and it was the middle of what we call "the dark ages" in Europe. The orient, middle east and east, south and middle America were ruled by ruthless despots. Africa and North America were feuding tribes. Life expectancy was around 35 years.

Sounds great....
Yeah, kind of sad that the ignoramuses of the world think this would be wonderful ... Kill 95% of the human race to preserve 5% ... brilliant!

Radio Relay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:14 AM   #10
XDTalk 10K Member

While there is no denying that we have overpopulated the earth, 500 million does sound a bit low.

Honestly, the best things we can do to stop over population is to quit being so generous to those who are overpopulating; severely restrict immigration, no aid to 3rd world countries and no aid to domestic breeders. No need to to hold a lottery to see who lives.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Use and Training » SHTF/Survival&Disaster Preparedness

Search tags for this page

collapse scenarios

economic collapse scenario

economic collapse scenarios

economic meltdown scenario
financial collapse scenario
financial collapse scenarios
global collapse scenario
known scenarios society collapse
post economic collapse scenarios
realistic scenario of economic collapse
scenario after economic collapse
scenario economic collapse usa

societal collapse scenarios

society collapse scenarios
us economic collapse scenario
us economic collapse scenarios
Click on a term to search for related topics.