• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Antibiotics

This is a discussion on Antibiotics within the SHTF/Survival&Disaster Preparedness forums, part of the Use and Training category; I was reading an article on Survivalblog.com and Rawles mentioned this Doctor and how he prescribes Antibiotics. Anyone order from him before? Products | SURVIVING ...

Old 11-01-2011, 03:23 PM   #1
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 18672
Antibiotics

I was reading an article on Survivalblog.com and Rawles mentioned this Doctor and how he prescribes Antibiotics.

Anyone order from him before?
Products | SURVIVING HEALTHY
Old 11-01-2011, 04:34 PM   #2
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 34520
just buy veterinary meds and skip the shady consult fees and having your illicit scrips on file somewhere.

You could also try asking you PCP for some scrips to stock up with just in case. Most probably wont, but what does it hurt to ask? You might even be given a bag of samples if you are lucky.
Groo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 05:26 PM   #3
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 16572
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groo View Post
just buy veterinary meds and skip the shady consult fees and having your illicit scrips on file somewhere.

You could also try asking you PCP for some scrips to stock up with just in case. Most probably wont, but what does it hurt to ask? You might even be given a bag of samples if you are lucky.
Yes, Veterinary supply stores sell a wide range of antibiotics. Most without a prescription. Also, many good vet supply websites, but I don't recommend getting things like penicillin online, due to the need for cold shipment.

Radio Relay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 05:56 PM   #4
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 55448
100 capsules of 250mg Amoxicillin 100 capsules of 250mg Amoxicillin
for your fish.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:48 PM   #5
Old Timer

Member #: 60337
+1 for the veternary antibiotics. Easier and "less shady" to get, just as effective.
OKcherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:11 AM   #6
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 29299
The problem is their shelf life and knowing when you would need them. I know they can still be used past their expiration date, but knowing the right amount to increase it to compensate for decreased potency would be problematic.
ackks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 01:20 AM   #7
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 43924
Quote:
Originally Posted by ackks View Post
The problem is their shelf life and knowing when you would need them. I know they can still be used past their expiration date, but knowing the right amount to increase it to compensate for decreased potency would be problematic.
Just take 4 more on top of the one. If you feel strange and out of touch with the world. Then you probably took to many. How do you think we are able to figure things out so easy now days! Trial and Error baby!!!

Flight 93
Okay, let's roll!" -Todd Beamer

I joined what are you waiting for

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

MrStarofDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 01:24 AM   #8
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 13497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
Thanks, I just ordered those.

Member -------
rockerZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 05:39 AM   #9
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 38362
Does storing them in the freezer make them last longer? Vacuum bagged with oxygen absorbers?

Tactical black cat - sleeps in doorways

A right unused become a privilege for the ruling class.

john_bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:48 AM   #10
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 16572
Quote:
Originally Posted by ackks View Post
Definitely do your research!!!!

There is no set, "one size fits all" standard. You have to know what you are doing, or don't even think of storing and using antibiotics!

There are different ways to store different antibiotics. Some, like penicillin, require cold storage. Others do not. Some, like tetracycline, will overdose easily. Some are more forgiving. Some will be toxic if used after their expiration dates, or if not stored properly (tetracycline). Also, again like tetracycline, there are certain foods that must be avoided while using them (no dairy while taking tetracycline, and avoid prolonged exposure to sun too).

Google searches for antibiotic dosage and storage turn up many websites with good info. Also, there are numerous books that can be purchased on Amazon and elsewhere. Doctors and nurses are also helpful in most cases, too.

Amazon.com: Dosage Calculations (9780766862869): Gloria D. Pickar: Books Amazon.com: Dosage Calculations (9780766862869): Gloria D. Pickar: Books

------------------------
I've ordered stuff for my animals from these two websites. Again, I would not recommend ordering the meds that require injection, because they need cold storage during shipment.
http://www.calvetsupply.com/category/Antibiotics/a
http://www.valleyvet.com/ct_product_...B-B60BB12F0D9E

Radio Relay is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Use and Training » SHTF/Survival&Disaster Preparedness

Search tags for this page

best antibiotic for shtf

best antibiotics for shtf

fish store that sell antibiotics phx az

get shtf antibiotic through my doctor
how to get antibiotics for shtf

phoeix fish meds

prescribes antibiotics for disaster preparedness

shtf antibiotics

shtf fish antibiotics
survival preparedness antibiotic guide

survival stores phoenix az fish antibiotics

tetracycline shtf

top shtf antibiotics

where to buy fish antibiotic in ga

where to buy shtf antibiotics

xdtalk fish antibiotics
Click on a term to search for related topics.