• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Prepping for an apocolypse...are mummies differant than zombies?

This is a discussion on Prepping for an apocolypse...are mummies differant than zombies? within the SHTF/Survival&Disaster Preparedness forums, part of the Use and Training category; Both zombies and mummies are a product of the undead...but which one is worse? Do you think different preparation is needed for mummies, it seems ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Use and Training » SHTF/Survival&Disaster Preparedness » Prepping for an apocolypse...are mummies differant than zombies?

Old 06-05-2011, 08:46 PM   #1
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 33268
Prepping for an apocolypse...are mummies differant than zombies?

Both zombies and mummies are a product of the undead...but which one is worse? Do you think different preparation is needed for mummies, it seems we only talk of zombies here, with the occasional talk of vampires and warewolves.........are mummies just not that dangerous that we overlook them?

Food for thought

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

IWB

OWB
xdmp22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 06-05-2011, 08:47 PM   #2
XDTalk 80K Member

Member #: 14053
All the difference in the world! What a silly question.
Old 06-05-2011, 08:51 PM   #3
XDTalk 5K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugger6 View Post
All the difference in the world! What a silly question.
So......what's the differance? Seems like a headshot is what ends a zombie...but a mummy seems to need a good burst of energy centermass to explode them. Decapitation seems to work on both.

What's the best way to dispatch a mummy?

IWB

OWB
Old 06-05-2011, 08:53 PM   #4
XDTalk 80K Member

Member #: 14053
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdmp22 View Post
So......what's the differance? Seems like a headshot is what ends a zombie...but a mummy seems to need a good burst of energy centermass to explode them. Decapitation seems to work on both.

What's the best way to dispatch a mummy?

That is a tough question. I am more of a zombie guy, myself. Maybe we should wait for a mummy expert to show up.
Old 06-05-2011, 08:58 PM   #5
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 56050
I handload special razor rounds, they cut the wrappings and the Mummies fall out as dust.

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!" -Adolf Hitler,1935" Th
Lopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 09:12 PM   #6
XDTalk 5K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopper View Post
I handload special razor rounds, they cut the wrappings and the Mummies fall out as dust.
Oh duh, I didn't even think of that, what an idiot I am, and here I thought I was a problem solver.

Does anyone think fluchette (sp?) rounds would be a good idea?

IWB

OWB
Old 06-05-2011, 09:20 PM   #7
XDTalk 50K Member

Member #: 29563
Mummies are female zombies!
Old 06-05-2011, 09:47 PM   #8
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 16502
I still think fire will destroy them both.

Other than that shoot off the arms and legs. Doesnt matter if they are "dead" or not they cant do shi...

US Army 2005 - 2014
Kimber Series I Compact Aluminum - My Carry

NRA Life Member
SAF Defenders Club Life Membership
AZCDL Life Membership

IN HELPDESK WE TRUST #2

"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!"

Capt. John Parker, Lexington militia
ArmyGuy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 09:56 PM   #9
XDTalk 15K Member

Member #: 3721
Xdmp22 don't be silly everybody knows that mummies aren't real.

All you have to worry about are the zombies, vampires and werewolves.
Quote:
Battlestar Galactica Book Of Pythia
"All of this has happened before, and all of it will happen again."
Quote:
People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome. River Tam Serenity
agalindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:04 PM   #10
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 34520
Egyptian style mummies are desiccated plus covered in dry cloth, pitch and tar. they will go up like a roman candle if exposed to flame. Its their magical powers and curses you need to be on the watch for.

On the plus side, mummies are are very rare compared to just some random corpse, so their numbers will never be that great.

You will not have to worry about mummies rising during your standard zombie plague, their brains have been pulled out through their nose as part of the mummification preparations.
Groo is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Use and Training » SHTF/Survival&Disaster Preparedness

Search tags for this page
information on mummies and zombies
lacrosse wi zombie prepping
mummies have no brains

prepping forums

survival and prepping forums
what are mummies
Click on a term to search for related topics.