• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

lock pick set

This is a discussion on lock pick set within the SHTF/Survival&Disaster Preparedness forums, part of the Use and Training category; i been tossing the idea around of haveing a small lockpick set to put in my b.o.b. the reasoning is if something did happen like ...

Old 12-29-2010, 03:20 PM   #1
XDTalk Member

Member #: 31946
lock pick set

i been tossing the idea around of haveing a small lockpick set to put in my b.o.b. the reasoning is if something did happen like long term you would be albe to resupply on food water and goods when you came across a untouch store. breaking windows and kicking doors would work but also draw attention to you, also once inside you can use that a shelter.
flynbye is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 12-29-2010, 03:44 PM   #2
AKC
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 41665
Do you know how to pick locks? I would think that coming across an untouched store would be highly unlikely. Looters will have probably already ransacked everything.

This is all the pick you'll ever need.

ESEE Knives

When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty.

-Benjamin Franklin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
AKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 04:11 PM   #3
XDTalk Member

Member #: 31946
i been watching trianing dvds and playing around with just basic picks. you have a good point of stores beeing untouched i just think it's a good skill to have in the arsenal
flynbye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 04:19 PM   #4
AKC
XDTalk 5K Member

If you feel good about it go for it. I think it's more likely to find cache's in abandoned homes than in stores.

When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty.

-Benjamin Franklin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
Old 12-29-2010, 04:25 PM   #5
XDTalk 50K Member

Member #: 29563
Stores will be the first victims to looting. Also their locks will be more difficult to pick. When the SHTF locks will not have to be picked
Old 12-29-2010, 05:06 PM   #6
AKC
XDTalk 5K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmamg View Post
Stores will be the first victims to looting. Also their locks will be more difficult to pick. When the SHTF locks will not have to be picked
Heh, that's why I posted that ESEE 5 made from 1095 high carbon steel and is .25" thick. That thing is a tank. You can use it as a pry-bar or a glass breaker. And it will hack limbs off, tree and human.

-Benjamin Franklin

Old 12-29-2010, 05:43 PM   #7
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 46952
Padlocks are easier than door locks, the more the tumblers in the lock the harder. It takes practice, its all in the touch and the feel of the tumbler lining up. Most places online that sell lock picks also sell clear lock cylinders to practice on. I have been using lock picks at work for 16 years, sometimes they open in less than 5 seconds and sometimes 5 minutes. It boils down to lots of practice. I can only think of one specific time a lock pick is needed, when trying to gain access to a fuel pump or pump tank fill point ( trying to shoot that lock could end up in a bang) and then an ammo storage container with a key lock access.

In most states, if you are stopped (during non SHTF times) for any plausible reason and they find lock picks, they will be deemed as burglary tools and now you have another problem to deal with.
titaniumskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 05:54 PM   #8
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 49972
I remember reading somewhere about some federal law thats going to pass requiring you to have a license to own a lock picking set. I may be wrong but I swore I heard about it somewhere.
Ruger LCR
Ruger 10/22
xxkinetikxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 05:58 PM   #9
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 32926
not bad idea...i have been thinking of one and also thinking of a kit to break into cars...

no not trying to become a picker....

you dont know how many times i get friends to call me or neighbors call. hey i locked my keys in the car. can you help....so i want a something for that to
Old 12-29-2010, 06:16 PM   #10
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 16572
While you're busy picking the lock, I'll kick in the back door, and clean the place out

Radio Relay is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Use and Training » SHTF/Survival&Disaster Preparedness

Search tags for this page

are bump keys illegal in florida

arizona shops that sell lockpicks

best lock pick set forum

lock pick set

lock pick set forum

lock pick set legal texas

lock picking set mesa
lockpick gun in mesa az

stores in mesa that sell lock picks

stores that sell lock pick sets

washing machine lock pick

what store in indiana that sells lock pick tools

what store sells lock pick sets

what stores in mesa carry lock pick kits

what stores sell lock pick sets

xd lock pick
Click on a term to search for related topics.