• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

New Gerber Bear Grylls Signature Survival Knife

This is a discussion on New Gerber Bear Grylls Signature Survival Knife within the SHTF/Survival&Disaster Preparedness forums, part of the Use and Training category; $50.00 at my local Academy. It comes with a ferro rod, and a diamond sharpening stone built into the sheath. As well as a guide ...

Old 12-01-2010, 11:19 AM   #1
AKC
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 41665
New Gerber Bear Grylls Signature Survival Knife

$50.00 at my local Academy. It comes with a ferro rod, and a diamond sharpening stone built into the sheath. As well as a guide on how to build shelter, water purification, etc. Besides it being a Bear Grylls signature series knife it looks like a good deal. I like my Gerber EDC Tanto blade. It has served me well for almost a year. There is a video in the link. I also talked to a guy who uses one for hunting. He told me it works really good and had just skinned a deer with it on his last hunt. He also said the ferro rod works very well. So, would it be totally gay to buy this? Ha ha!

I've been wanting another knife more gear towards SHTF and the price is right. Right now I have a SOG Revolver Hunter.

Gerber Knives Bear Grylls Ultimate Knife MFG# 31-000751 - RockyNational.com

When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty.

-Benjamin Franklin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
AKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 12-01-2010, 11:30 AM   #2
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 12109
Looks like an updated LMF, but I like the addition of the ferro rod. I might pick one up if I was in need of a good pack knife. Though at present it'd be cheaper for me to just pick up some ferro rods.
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps."
Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
Ajcrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:39 AM   #3
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 41454
It seems ok to me. As long as the striker rod doesn't pull out in brush or under heavy use I like the unit.

I wonder about the blade though, specifically whether the blade itself is any good.

Firearms: None. All were lost in an unfortunate boating accident on Tempe Townlake.

XDTalk Member Distribution Map

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

Instructions on adding yourself are in post #497

texan_eagle_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:52 AM   #4
AKC
XDTalk 5K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_eagle_scout View Post
It seems ok to me. As long as the striker rod doesn't pull out in brush or under heavy use I like the unit.

I wonder about the blade though, specifically whether the blade itself is any good.
The ferro rod seems to snap into place pretty hard. And if the blade holds up like any other Gerber it should be good to go. I was wanting the LMF II but it's twice the price and the BG blade has more to it. I may pick this up today at lunch.

You guys watch the video?

When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty.

-Benjamin Franklin

Old 12-01-2010, 12:24 PM   #5
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 21738
Is the knife real, or a fake, too?

Old 12-01-2010, 12:38 PM   #6
AKC
XDTalk 5K Member

Haha! That's flippin awesome. Hey Bashman. I was waiting for a Bear Grylls bashing response. That's why I asked if it would be totally gay if I bought the knife. We all know Bear Grylls methods of running and jumping around like a monkey on crack over mountains and through jungles is totally absurd.

Besides how we all feel about Bear. That's no secret here. How about the knife? Pretend it doesn't have BG on it.

-Benjamin Franklin

Old 12-01-2010, 12:40 PM   #7
XDTalk 25K Member

Member #: 1698
That looks like a good knife at a really good price. For some reason, some companies are charging as much as $150 for the knife.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."

&

Krackels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:41 PM   #8
AKC
XDTalk 5K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krackels View Post
That looks like a good knife at a really good price. For some reason, some companies are charging as much as $150 for the knife.
For this knife? MSRP is only $75?

-Benjamin Franklin

Old 12-01-2010, 12:46 PM   #9
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 38391
Bladeforums review:

Review Gerber Bear Grylls Ultimate Knife - BladeForums.com

The pommel is not attached to the tang and can break off.
Looks like the current version is going to be replaced. Wait for the newer version:

Amazon.com: Brian Griffiths' review of Gerber 31-000751 Bear Grylls Survival Seri...
Gigantor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:53 PM   #10
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 12109
Yeah, I watched the video. I'll stick to my AF survival knife. I take out the sharpening stone and put a magnesium fire stater in that pouch.
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps."
Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
Ajcrash is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Use and Training » SHTF/Survival&Disaster Preparedness

Search tags for this page
bear grylls bolo
bear grylls hatchet release date
bear grylls signature
bear grylls signature knife
bear grylls ultimate pro knife release date
bear grylls ultimate pro survival knife release date

bolo knife

bolo knives

how to sharpen bear grylls knife

how to sharpen bear grylls ultimate knife

how to sharpen the bear grylls ultimate knife

les stroud knife

les stroud knives
les stroud survival knife
les stroud survival knives
mykel hawke knife vs bear grylls knife
Click on a term to search for related topics.