• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Two of my three Mossbergs are DOWN, lol?

This is a discussion on Two of my three Mossbergs are DOWN, lol? within the Shotgun Talk forums, part of the Long Gun Talk category; So I have my GTW 590A1, a 590, and a 500. The 590A1 is new and flawless. The 590 (20") is older with a LOT ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » Shotgun Talk » Two of my three Mossbergs are DOWN, lol?

Old 10-05-2012, 10:48 PM   #1
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 49793
Unhappy Two of my three Mossbergs are DOWN, lol?

So I have my GTW 590A1, a 590, and a 500. The 590A1 is new and flawless.

The 590 (20") is older with a LOT of rounds through it.
What's 'down' about this one is my cousin, not I, managed to get a couplelight primer strikes. I was watching, he did it quite a few times, and it waswith different kinds of ammo. Its never done it to me and I can't recreateit...

The 500 (19-ish", sawed) was had for $50, all I had to do was findenough parts from enough 500's to make one.
This one is down because of extraction issues. Occasionally the bolt pullsthe empty shell straight back and nothing else. Then there's a shell securelyheld by both extracting arms/claws and a live shell ready to feed below it.Only way to clear this without disassembly is push the live shell back into themag tube with a finger, then push the empty down out of the extractors.

I'm thinking a new w/e spring in the trigger housing assembly for the 590and a little polishing on the extractors of the 500. Before I do, either ofthese things on warranty you think? And anyone else had these issues or have ideas?
CavScout88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » Shotgun Talk

590, 590a1, fte, mossberg 500, shotgun

Search tags for this page

mossberg 500 bolt assembly

Click on a term to search for related topics.