• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Mossberg 930 JM Pro?

This is a discussion on Mossberg 930 JM Pro? within the Shotgun Talk forums, part of the Long Gun Talk category; Anybody have any experience with this gun? Looking into the 22" 8+1 cap for a duty long gun. Before anybody says it; I want to ...

Old 09-19-2012, 09:05 PM   #1
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 52646
Mossberg 930 JM Pro?

Anybody have any experience with this gun? Looking into the 22" 8+1 cap for a duty long gun.

Before anybody says it; I want to be using a shotgun, not an AR or other rifle platform. It's just my preference. Grew up hunting deer, ducks, and geese with my shotgun. I'm comfortable with them and already have some of the speedloading skill down from duck hunting. My department's got some 870 Police models I can use for a while, but I want something to call my own.

If anyone has any experience with the Mossberg JM Pro, I'd appreciate the input. My research turned up some (but not near enough to make me think it's a common problem) people who had some feeding issues; especially with short brass. Anyone have any issues?

Thanks folks!

Mossberg & Sons | JM Pro 930

SA XD-40 4"
Trijicon HD Night Sights
Streamlight TLR-1
CopNa454Sierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 09-19-2012, 10:14 PM   #2
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 35552
I personally own both the Mossberg 930SPX and the JM Pro series. Out of the box the 930SPX ate everything from cheap bulk ammo at walmart to 3" slugs. The JM Pro Series was a different story, she wouldn't cycle cheap bird shot at all. I went online and found a review that highly recommended that you did a through cleaning when you first get it and a break in period. So I took her apart and cleaned out all the heavy grease from the factory. Next I ran roughly 50 rounds of 3" slug down the pipe and another 50 rounds of 2 3/4" buckshot. After doing that it will now eat anything you feed her.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

PRP Drop in Trigger

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
neginfluence04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:51 PM   #3
XDTalk 1K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neginfluence04 View Post
I personally own both the Mossberg 930SPX and the JM Pro series. Out of the box the 930SPX ate everything from cheap bulk ammo at walmart to 3" slugs. The JM Pro Series was a different story, she wouldn't cycle cheap bird shot at all. I went online and found a review that highly recommended that you did a through cleaning when you first get it and a break in period. So I took her apart and cleaned out all the heavy grease from the factory. Next I ran roughly 50 rounds of 3" slug down the pipe and another 50 rounds of 2 3/4" buckshot. After doing that it will now eat anything you feed her.
Alright I can deal with that. I've never heard of a shotgun that required a break in period though. Wierd.
I appreciate the input. Gonna go see what one's gonna run me in the area.

I see a bunch of people have looked at this, so if anyone else has any input I'd appreciate it.

SA XD-40 4"
Trijicon HD Night Sights
Streamlight TLR-1
Old 09-20-2012, 05:35 PM   #4
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 22296
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopNa454Sierra View Post
Alright I can deal with that. I've never heard of a shotgun that required a break in period though. Wierd.
I appreciate the input. Gonna go see what one's gonna run me in the area.

I see a bunch of people have looked at this, so if anyone else has any input I'd appreciate it.
We're all just waiting for an answer

I have had an 835 for about 16 years and love it, so of course I'm going to consider the 930 if I buy an auto.
cce1302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:17 PM   #5
XDTalk Member

Member #: 77670
I cleaned and lubed (clp) mine before I took it out. I ran about 300 rounds through it including slugs and buck shot. It ran estate, federal, Winchester, and Remington with no problems including rapid fire with each. I really like gun and will be shooting my first 3 gun with it Saturday.
Wildcat04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:17 AM   #6
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 35552
which event in OK will you be shooting at and in what class?

BOOMERSHOOTER.com

PRP Drop in Trigger

neginfluence04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:59 AM   #7
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 50052
Quote:
Originally Posted by neginfluence04 View Post
I agree once you break them in they will chew thru just about any ammo
ian86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:55 AM   #8
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 30124
If you want to save a few bucks you can get similar capability out of a standard 930. With the 18.5" security barrel and a Nordic Components +2 extension mine's now a 7+1. The tube is flush with the end of the barrel. If money's an issue it'll get you 90% of the way there for $200-300 less than the JM Pro.
EvilElmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:00 AM   #9
XDTalk 1K Member

Mossberg 930 JM Pro?

Lol rise thread rise!!!! Muahhahahaha!!!

😉

SA XD-40 4"
Trijicon HD Night Sights
Streamlight TLR-1
Old 05-19-2013, 08:16 PM   #10
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 69560
Just bought one thursday. I ran 150 mixed target/field loads first and about 20 high brass loads intermittently, ZERO malfunctions. I enjoy it more than my AR! I was lucky to run into one in my local shop and snagged it, they are hard to find right now.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » Shotgun Talk

Search tags for this page
930 jm
930 jm pro review
930 spx vs jm pro
can you use a jm pro series mossberg for upland game hunting
mossberg 930 jm
mossberg 930 jm for sale

mossberg 930 jm pro

mossberg 930 jm pro for sale

mossberg 930 jm pro review

mossberg 930 jm pro reviews
mossberg 930 jm pro series review
mossberg 930 jm review
mossberg 930 spx vs jm pro
mossberg jm pro 930
mossberg jm pro review
mossberg jm pro series 930 review
Click on a term to search for related topics.