• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Serbu Super Shorty 12 GA 6.5" barrel Shotgun

This is a discussion on Serbu Super Shorty 12 GA 6.5" barrel Shotgun within the Shotgun Talk forums, part of the Long Gun Talk category; Serbu Super Shorty 12 GA 6.5" barrel Shotgun larger image $725.00 The SUPER-SHORTY is based on a Mossberg 500 (or Remington 870 at additional cost) ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » Shotgun Talk » Serbu Super Shorty 12 GA 6.5" barrel Shotgun

Old 01-06-2011, 12:29 AM   #1
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 16502

larger image
$725.00
The SUPER-SHORTY is based on a Mossberg 500 (or Remington 870 at additional cost) 12-gauge shotgun which came from the factory with a pistol grip.
Because of this, the SUPER-SHORTY is considered an AOW (Any Other Weapon) and can be transferred with a $5 stamp! The gun holds two 2-3/4" or 3" shells in the magazine, plus one in the chamber.
The 16.5" overall length, 6.5" barrel and spring-locked foregrip, which pivots out of the way when not in use, make for a very compact package.
As far as we know, this is the shortest 12-gauge pump shotgun available.
All parts for the SUPER-SHORTY are made in-house on our own CNC machinery using materials ideally suited to the task.
All welds are done by the TIG process, and the manganese phosphate finish is MIL-spec.
The SUPER-SHORTY is currently being used by various law enforcement agencies and military units worldwide.
If you like the idea of concealed carry with a 12-gauge, or like a lot of "bang" in a small package, or just want the most compact breaching weapon available, then this is the gun for you.

You won't find a better made AOW pump shotgun than the SUPER-SHORTY!

Remingtom 870 Version is $795.00

Add to Cart:

Shipping Weight: 6lbs
1 Units in Stock
Manufactured by: Serbu MFG
KA Part Number:
KA SKU Number:

Serbu Super Shorty 12 GA 6.5 barrel Shotgun - $725.00 : Kingdom Arms Online!

So..... How legit is this?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

US Army 2005 - 2014
Kimber Series I Compact Aluminum - My Carry
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

NRA Life Member
SAF Defenders Club Life Membership
AZCDL Life Membership

IN HELPDESK WE TRUST #2

"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!"

Capt. John Parker, Lexington militia
ArmyGuy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-06-2011, 12:37 AM   #2
XDTalk 20K Member

Member #: 26776
Not sure about legitness, but Serbu is based not to far from me.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:39 AM   #3
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 12109
Totally legit as long as you pay the tax stamp here in the US.

If you are still in Europe you may have noticed that in some countries they sell suppressor's on the open market, and some encourage it.
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps."
Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
Ajcrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:28 AM   #4
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 36486
I had an opportunity to shoot one once. It was fun but not practical at all. 3 shots and really no aiming makes for a fun range toy or if you are the first guy in a breaching operation. I'd rather spend the money on a 14" SBS myself but that's me. But the fireball that comes out of the Serbu is only matched by a Mosin Negant M44.

I'm all for Ron Paul

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin
misfit-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 09:43 AM   #5
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 27123
Only a $5 AOW stamp...

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding it's way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge".--Isaac Asimov
Cuda66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:25 AM   #6
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 6013
Really sucks that AOW's are $5 and SBS's are $200.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:54 AM   #7
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 28784
Downrangtv has a demo vid of Michael Bane putting 00buck and slugs through it.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 02:54 PM   #8
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 32926
pretty cool, but sucks for only 3 shots....
Old 01-06-2011, 04:44 PM   #9
AKC
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 41665
The Gun Store in Cedar Park, TX sells SBS converted Saigas. They are sick! Expensive as eff too!

When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty.

-Benjamin Franklin

AKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:19 PM   #10
df34adfe34

Member #:
Plenty legit. I think "lots" (relative) have them. They're toys, really... not anything you'd use for SD. I mean, you could use it for that if you had nothing else, of course, but really, it's just a toy to fire a few rounds through and that be it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgeoffriau View Post
Really sucks that AOW's are $5 and SBS's are $200.
True, but I think you're paying an extra $200 on the manufacturer's side, it's just that it is included in the price.

If I had to choose a Serbu weapon, I'd probably get that single shot .50 BMG of theirs. But then again, I could never shoot it at any range around here, while I could shoot the shorty.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » Shotgun Talk

Search tags for this page
most compact shotgun
serbu remington vs mossberg
serbu shotgun for sale
serbu super shorty 12 gauge
serbu super shorty 12 gauge for sale
serbu super shorty 6.5 12ga

serbu super shorty for sale

serbu super shorty for sale used

serbu super shorty price

serbu super shorty review

serbu super shorty reviews

shorty shotgun for sale

shorty shotguns for sale
super shorty review

super shorty shotgun review

very short shtguns
Click on a term to search for related topics.