• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Nitro Shotgun

This is a discussion on Nitro Shotgun within the Shotgun Talk forums, part of the Long Gun Talk category; Hi guys I have an old single shot shotgun in my attic. The only description I can give you is it says Nitro on the ...

Old 02-10-2010, 04:18 PM   #1
XDTalk Member

Member #: 37252
Nitro Shotgun

Hi guys

I have an old single shot shotgun in my attic. The only description I can give you is it says Nitro on the left side. Doesn't say Nitro hunter, or leader...just nitro. No guage, no shell length. Nothing else. Serial number on the trigger guard, and a hammer to cock it. Something really interesting is that it has a 1955 nickel impaled in the right side of it. It is placed into some sort of indention manufactured in the gun.

If I had to guess, it was made for Sears or the hardware stores.

What do you think.

Thanks.
Kick'em is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-10-2010, 11:31 PM   #2
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 42276
I searched google until I was tired of searching google and I couldn't find anything. Maybe Crescent? Dunno. The old singles are fun. I've got an old Iver-Johnson 16ga that my great-grandpa used to turkey shoot with and it's fun. It's so wore out it breaks down from the recoil of a shot so I can get some pretty speedy reloads shooting clays but it's probably dangerous and i'm tired of getting hit in the face with spent shells.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:16 AM   #3
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 35980
Pics would help but...

Diamond Arms Company and Nitro King are both trade name used by the Shapleigh Hardware Company of St. Louis, Missouri. Some of the guns were imported from various Belgian sources, but they were also made by W.H.Davenport Firearms Co (1890's - ), Iver Johnson Arms & Cycle Works (early 1900's - ), J. Stevens Arms (before 1942), and Savage Arms.

Perhaps this it it I have no clue.
72SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 12:53 AM   #4
Cat Herder

Member #: 4
Could be refering to fluid or nitro steel barrels?

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - John Quincy Adams

"The giving to others in need is my right and indeed, my privilage. It is NOT however, my obligation." - Frenchy~2011

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
Frenchy is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » Shotgun Talk

Search tags for this page
12 gage single barrel shotgun nitro hunter serial number 65762

new nitro shotgun

new ntro vintage shot gun
nitro hunter 12 ga shotgun value
nitro hunter shotgun 12 ga
nitro king 12-gauge shotgun
nitro king single barrel shotgun
nitro marvel 12 gauge shotgun
nitro marvel shotgun
nitro marvel shotgun value

nitro washington shotgun

vintage nitro hunter single barrel shotgun
Click on a term to search for related topics.