• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

***July's XDTalk.com Contest Winner is?***

This is a discussion on ***July's XDTalk.com Contest Winner is?*** within the SA-XD/XD(M) Talk Announcements forums, part of the Information category; ****July's XDTalk.com Photo Contest Winner is??**** XDTalk.com would like to congratulate Montourage on submitting his winning photo in our July Contest. Great photo taken here! ...

Old 08-01-2012, 07:35 AM   #1
Administrator

Member #: 43796
***July's XDTalk.com Contest Winner is?***

****July's XDTalk.com Photo Contest Winner is??****

XDTalk.com would like to congratulate Montourage on submitting his winning photo in our July Contest. Great photo taken here! You are the winner of $50.00 and an XDTalk.com T-Shirt. Thank you all who submitted photos for this contest.

Admin
nmduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 08-01-2012, 01:09 PM   #2
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 73191
Thank you kind sir, decided to put some effort into it because I had never actually tried to photograph my guns in a "studio" type setting. The studio being my living room. Of course I needed something better than the carpet as the backdrop and it occurred to me I had never photographed the US Flag I was carrying around on deployments. Combine the two and there you have it. Thanks again.
Montourage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:12 PM   #3
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 70826
i don't even know what all i'm looking at. care to annotate the photo?
War_Eagle_XD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 02:07 PM   #4
XDTalk 500 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by War_Eagle_XD View Post
i don't even know what all i'm looking at. care to annotate the photo?
Sure it's actually all the weapons in my signature. In the Army and I think other services they give you these "coins" for whatever reasons. Companies like to give them out at the end of deployments as something to remember them by. I placed one right where the laser was shinning to give it a bit more action in the photo. If you look closely it has a map of Iraq on one and Afghanistan on the other. Also I suppose from an artistic perspective one could see the laser pointing at that country symbolizing us going to war as it's in our "sights".

The US flag itself I purchased in Iraq as something to remember my deployment by, then when I went to Afghanistan I figured it would be a cool idea to bring it along there too. Just so someday when I fly it I can remember it was in two theaters of war.

I just used boxes of ammo to prop up the handguns, in retrospect I probably would have taken the five mins to photoshop them out so you just see the flag and they appear to be suspended.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:53 AM   #5
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 69577
The only time a flag should be laid down is on a casket:

4 USC 8(b) The flag should never touch anything beneath it, such as the ground, the floor, water, or merchandise.

4 USC 7(n) When the flag is used to cover a casket, it should be so placed that the union is at the head and over the left shoulder. The flag should not be lowered into the grave or allowed to touch the ground.

Also nothing should be placed on the flag:

4 USC 8(g) The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature. 4 USC 8(h) The flag should never be used as a receptacle for receiving, holding, carrying, or delivering anything.
jonathan171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:15 PM   #6
XDTalk 500 Member

No worries kind Sir, I was also raised a boy scout. I am aware of all "rules" regarding the flag and mean no "disrespect". This is what you call art. No flags were harmed in the making of this photo.

I also learned at a young age that when a flag touches the ground it should be burned.

Check out the following link. snopes.com: Proper Flag Disposal

Again my flag, my art, flag is fine No disrespect intended for the "traditional" people. The bill of rights is a higher authority on this matter and I wasn't even taking to the streets to burn it. I think my intentions were clear here, it wasn't malicious. But thank you for reminding us guidelines are not laws. And if it makes anyone feel better as soon as I was done with this photo shoot, I took everything off it, refolded it properly, and stored it off the ground. I take much pride in this flag I own and I intend to keep it for the rest of my life.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:23 PM   #7
XDTalk Member

Member #: 76839
Thank you for serving Montourage!

XD 9mm
Red Ryder BB Gun
rodzikden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 04:38 AM   #8
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 70003
congratulations on the contest. I like the picture very much myself. Also thank you for your service.

"I've always followed my father's advice: He told me, first, to always keep my word and, second, to never insult anybody unintentionally. If I insult you, you can be god**** sure I intend to. And, third, he told me not to go around looking for trouble."
-----John Wayne-----
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 01:46 PM   #9
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 73292
Great pic, Montourage! Congrats!
S&W 422 .22
Winchester 1300 20ga.
H&R .410 Topper Jr.
Michael_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 04:10 PM   #10
XDTalk Member

Member #: 77583
lovely pic and thank you for your service
XDM_AZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Information » SA-XD/XD(M) Talk Announcements

Search tags for this page

xdm 5.25 modified open

Click on a term to search for related topics.