• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

XDM Match 5.25 .45 ACP

This is a discussion on XDM Match 5.25 .45 ACP within the SA-XD/XD(M) Range Reports forums, part of the Information category; Well, at long last I took the Match 5.25 to the range. Even with a fully loaded magazine the XDM Match 5.25 doesn't feel as ...

Old 03-10-2012, 04:30 PM   #1
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 70338
XDM Match 5.25 .45 ACP

Well, at long last I took the Match 5.25 to the range.

Even with a fully loaded magazine the XDM Match 5.25 doesn't feel as heavy as the CZ-97Bs were that I used to own. That's a really good thing since this is going to be both my carry gun as well as my competition weapon for IDPA in a few months. The CZ-97B is heavy enough to where if you run out of ammo you can club your enemy to death with it.

Today was just an introduction session. Only 100 rounds went through it. (94 by me and 6 by my wife) She wanted to see what a Big-Boy gun felt like!

I left the sights as they were set from the factory. I shot three mags through it and saw that it was hitting about 6 inches down and about 5 inches to the left from the 7 yard line. I adjusted the rear sight two clicks up and two to the right then shot three more mags. I still need to move it up a some more; probably one click up and one right. That should put 'em all in the X-ring.

The last few rounds I aimed high and to the right on the X-ring and totally blew out the bullseye! Sweet!!

The recoil wasn't nearly as strong as I was expecting either. The CZ's recoil was like a mule, plus the trigger pull took two men and a small boy! The XDM Match 5.25's trigger is a lot easier. If I had to guess I'd say around the 5.5 - 6.0 lb. range. I'm guessing though.

Since the weather has turned to crap here in the DFW area today, I'm gonna just clean it then do some nail polish detailing on the slide and barrel. Pictures will be posted in the forums later!

XDM .45 ACP Match 5.25 - 540 rds.
Springer Precision solid steel guide rod
Wolf 18# recoil spring

Saiga 12 gauga shotgun

"The plains of human endeavor are littered with the blackened bones of countless millions who at the dawn of victory sat down to rest; and resting, DIED!"
RichardSinFWTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-10-2012, 06:56 PM   #2
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 70408
Richard,

I've also got a new XD(m) .45 ACP with the 5.25" barrel.

Took it to the range today for the second time. First time, I put 100 rounds through it. Today I put 200 rounds through it. (That's all I brought... )

My experience has been that it was shooting low, but the wind-age was good. After adjusting the elevation a few times, (I didn't keep up with how many clicks) it seems to be right on the money now.

The trigger is SO different from my 1911. Not different in a bad way, but still different. I'm having to get used to it. But by the end of today's range session, I was getting pretty happy with it.

Thanks,

Duane

XD(m) .45 ACP, 5.25", Bi-Tone

XDS .45 ACP, Bi-Tone

XD(m) 9mm 3.8" Compact Bi-Tone
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:01 PM   #3
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 66497
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSinFWTX View Post
Since the weather has turned to crap here in the DFW area today, I'm gonna just clean it then do some nail polish detailing on the slide and barrel.
Too bad you weren't out there shooting today - amazing what a difference 24 hours can bring... just gorgeous out there, today!
n5wd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:59 AM   #4
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 70338
Yeah, it figures.

I'm off all this week so I'm hoping I can get in a couple range days.

XDM .45 ACP Match 5.25 - 540 rds.
Springer Precision solid steel guide rod
Wolf 18# recoil spring

Saiga 12 gauga shotgun

"The plains of human endeavor are littered with the blackened bones of countless millions who at the dawn of victory sat down to rest; and resting, DIED!"
RichardSinFWTX is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Information » SA-XD/XD(M) Range Reports

Search tags for this page
army edition xdm .45
cleaning the xmd 45 apc

how to clean a xdm 45

how wide is an xd/m .45 acp

laser guide rod for xdm 45 acp 5.25 competition handgun
polishing xdm 45 acp barrel
springfield xdm 5.25 45 acp after market barrel
xdm .45 5.5

xdm 45 5.25

xdm 45 acp 5.25

xdm 45 long

xdm 5.25 .45

xdm 5.25 45

xdm 5.25 45 acp price

xdm 5.25 45acp

xdm match

Click on a term to search for related topics.