• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

3.8 XDM Compact 1st range trip( lil' long but TRUST me its a GOOD story)

This is a discussion on 3.8 XDM Compact 1st range trip( lil' long but TRUST me its a GOOD story) within the SA-XD/XD(M) Range Reports forums, part of the Information category; Just had my first trip to the range with my new 3.8 XDM 9mm compact. At first I was shooting just to the left( see ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Information » SA-XD/XD(M) Range Reports » 3.8 XDM Compact 1st range trip( lil' long but TRUST me its a GOOD story)

Old 03-09-2012, 11:38 PM   #1
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 70378
3.8 XDM Compact 1st range trip( lil' long but TRUST me its a GOOD story)

Just had my first trip to the range with my new 3.8 XDM 9mm compact. At first I was shooting just to the left( see this on the forums ALOT, but it IS me, NOT the weapon).This gun IS more accurate than me. After taking my time, using proper trigger control I was able to get on target to my exact aim point. This gun was SUCH a hit with my wife and our friends, we were at the range a hour and a half, I was able to shoot about half the time, it got to the point I had to TAKE my gun back lol.

Now here is the Good part I mentioned. There was about 10 minutes until the range closed. The couple in the next lane over from me, asked me about about my XDM, and why everyone was "fighting" over it. Turns out that the couple were new to shooting. They were there renting various guns at the range. This was going to be a couples activity for them on the weekends( Good for them!).

I explained to them what the XDM was,( even explained about the XD models) and each versions benefits. I offered to let them handle my XDM, and offered to let them fire the rounds I had left to empty the box. Keep in mind they were there renting guns to see what gun they prefered before buying a gun for each of them. There was just enough time left after explaining this to them, for them to take their time and fire off one full 19 round mag each.

Well, they were SO impressed with the XDM, as we were all paying at the counter that EACH of them offered to buy a BRAND NEW 3.8 XDM 9mm on the spot!( it was too late to do the paperwork tonight, as the range was closing, but they are going back tomorrow to get them) They explained to the owner I had explained the weapon to them, its benefits, let them hanlde mine and even fire a mag each. For basicly doing a "sales pitch" of the weapon, which resulted in his selling 2 new weapons that he then credited my account with TWO free hours of range time! Here is a pic of how my new XDM perfromed. The distance was at 30 feet.

Some people argue against a 9mm. Oddly enough, I haven't found a single person so far who is SO unimpressed with the stopping power of a 9mm, that he is willing to stand downrange and catch one fired out of my XDM.
Down_range is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-09-2012, 11:48 PM   #2
XDTalk Member

Member #: 70861
good stuff!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
4.0B2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:16 AM   #3
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 68963
Good Job

Way to go, good shooting. Was that at Open Range? I hav'nt got by there yet but plan on it this week.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
Go CATS

Proud that I build GUNS for NAVY!!
dkshep502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:20 AM   #4
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 68103
I get a lot of "what's that?" pointing to my holstered xdm or "what are you shooting?" at the range. I tell people what it is, and if they're nice I'll even let them hold it :P
Old 03-10-2012, 11:12 AM   #5
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 63259
Haha nice work. I'm one of the few people who enjoy it when people ask me questions at the range. Seems like most people don't want to be bothered (makes sense).
Dillon xl650 w/ case feeder
CCW, IDPA, USPSA, NRA
SmokedBMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:34 AM   #6
XDTalk 100 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBacon View Post
I get a lot of "what's that?" pointing to my holstered xdm or "what are you shooting?" at the range. I tell people what it is, and if they're nice I'll even let them hold it :P
Ya, the people were genuinely nice. Both were just toally new to shooting. It just felt like the right thing to do to let them hanlde the XDM, and fire a mag each. I can honestly say Im not sure which of them was the most excited, him or her.

I told them that our group is usualy there on Friday nights, and if they wanted to join us.. well the more the merrier. Seems we all made new range buddies, as well as possibly new friends outside the range as well. What REALLY made my day is they were seriously considering the Glock 26. BUt they said the XDM felt better to them, and they really liked the 13 and 19 tound mags that come standard with it. As well as the XDM gear( for a new shooter the kit is a perfect starting point)
Some people argue against a 9mm. Oddly enough, I haven't found a single person so far who is SO unimpressed with the stopping power of a 9mm, that he is willing to stand downrange and catch one fired out of my XDM.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:39 PM   #7
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 71072
Great range report... Now I will have to post mine...
1922 Walther Model 4
S&W 642CT 38 special
1933 Walther DSM 34

I prefer to be tried by 12 then carried by 6
Cook74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:16 PM   #8
XDTalk Member

Member #: 70520
Nice shooting and nice story (I'll have to remember that ) I certainly love mine (and the 5.25 as well.)
Ruger GP100 6" barrel
Ruger Single Six (old model)
Ruger LC9
rsfrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:13 PM   #9
XDTalk 100 Member

This is a old thread I made last year, but the story behind it is a good one. And I felt the need to updte it. Flash forward almost a year from my originaly posting this thread, and now both of the people who were THEN new to shooting, are both avid shooters(ammo supply permiting) and both have their CCW. And also, they have told us they are sharing their shooting experiences with other freinds that are non shooters, and actualy got her sister into shooting, as opposed to being extremely scared to be in the same house as a gun.

We even call each other to buy extra ammo for the other couple, if we spot several boxes of various calibers while we're out lol. Granted that doesnt happen very often, but by helping new shooters last year. It has in return gave my wife and I some very good friends, as well as gaining me nearly 600 extra 9mm rounds to add to my stock, that I wouldnt have otherwise lol.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:17 PM   #10
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 57335
Cool story, man! It's good to hear things like this!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Information » SA-XD/XD(M) Range Reports

Search tags for this page
are xdm good guns?
cheapest xdm
is the xdm compact a good gun
long range shooting with xdm compact
modifying kimber solo trigger travel
we xdm compact

we xdm compact (with long mag)

we xdm compact l
what model is the xdm compact

xd models explained

xdm 3.8 vs sigma in size
xdm 9mm compact
xdm compact 9mm

xdm compact range report

xdm explained

Click on a term to search for related topics.