• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Great outdoor range near Portland, Or

This is a discussion on Great outdoor range near Portland, Or within the SA-XD/XD(M) Range Reports forums, part of the Information category; Found a range that allows outside ammo, targets & adjustable pistol target distances. The English Pit. East of I-205 on the WA side of the ...

Old 02-20-2012, 01:38 AM   #1
XDTalk Member

Member #: 55640
Great outdoor range near Portland, Or

Found a range that allows outside ammo, targets & adjustable pistol target distances. The English Pit. East of I-205 on the WA side of the river. A fantastic first range experience! It was packed, but we (my bro-in-law & I) got lames pretty quickly at every range we went to. They have, from left to right, 25yd pistol range, 50yd rimfire rifle, 100yd center fire, 50yd center fire, they list a 25yd center fire but I didn't see it (might have been around the way from 50yd center fire).

We started out on 100yd with our 30-06s, only brought two boxes so that didn't last long. Went & sat in line for a pistol lane, about a 20min wait. Folks said Sunday has become a very busy day recently.

We set up our pistol lane at about 10yd, a bit far for H.D. practice but in my house its a feasible possibility. We had to share my XDm 9mm 3.8" & my borrowed s&w .357 magnum revolver. We took turns shooting two full mags in the XDm for 3 sets each. Then ran through a 50rnd box of 124gr .357mag, two more sets of 9mm, then another half box of .357... What a day!

Being a first time at an official range for both of us, we relied on range staff & patrons to help us get a feel for the flow of things, both groups were very easy going & friendly. We have both shot casually in the woods, primitive ranges in our hunting area, but never at close targets like today. We didn't approach this as a play day in the woods, we paid for entry so I guess that helps lol. We both did very respectably I think, 6-8" groupings at 10yds with the 9mm. The .357mag is a very different beast, that was more of an intermission for the brain I think. We had fun with that one. Its a good conversation piece, the onlookers all stopped to watch whenever either of us picked it up.

After a 4hr day at the range he is sold & buying an XDm just like mine! And we will both be returning to the English Pit anytime we are after a trip to the range.

~psguardian

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
XDm
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
Black/Black w/Trijicon Night Sights
psguardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Information » SA-XD/XD(M) Range Reports

Search tags for this page
outdoor gun range portland oregon
outdoor gun ranges in portland oregon
outdoor shooting near portland
outdoor shooting range in portland oregon
outdoor shooting range near portland or

outdoor shooting range portland

outdoor shooting range portland or

outdoor shooting range portland oregon

outdoor shooting ranges portland
places to shoot in portland

places to shoot near portland

portland oregon outdoor shooting range
portland outdoor shooting range
portland outdoor shooting ranges
target shooting near portland or
Click on a term to search for related topics.