• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

good day shooting, no problems from my xdm.

This is a discussion on good day shooting, no problems from my xdm. within the SA-XD/XD(M) Range Reports forums, part of the Information category; My cousin and I did a little shooting today. Great day for my xdm, 250 rounds no problems. The last 50 rounds I really learned ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Information » SA-XD/XD(M) Range Reports » good day shooting, no problems from my xdm.

Old 02-18-2012, 10:05 PM   #1
XDTalk Member

Member #: 66459
good day shooting, no problems from my xdm.

My cousin and I did a little shooting today. Great day for my xdm, 250 rounds no problems. The last 50 rounds I really learned my gun. Had good groupings the whole time, but the last 50, I was shooting bull after bull, and busting clays at ground level, and had target ball bouncing. My cousin on the other hand had 1 bad malfunction with his brand new remington 1911. Not the guns fault, more the ammos fault..I was watching him shoot, and heard bang, bang, bang, thup. A weak round, but it sounded like it was just a primer, not even a weak round. HE cleared the round, and went to put the gun back up, and I yelled at him to stop. I took the gun from him, dropped the mag, cleared the round. He is mad. What are you doing, he asks. I told him I'm saving your gun, nothing came out of the gun on the bad round. So I tell him to field strip it, so we can get the lodged bullet out of the barrel. He dindy know how to strip it, and either did I. So l looked over the gun, and figured out how to strip it in about two minutes. I'M pretty proud of figureing out how to strip it, cause its my first time shooting a 1911. Man, was the lodged hollow point hard to get out. I had to use a punch and hammer, and it took some wrenching. Got the bullet out, checked the barrel for builging, and cracks, which it was fine, put her back together, and we put 100 rounds through with out any other problems.
Sorry for the rant, but just wanted to share.
Remove Ads
Old 02-18-2012, 10:37 PM   #2
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 66064
Congrats man sounds like a good day minus the 1911 prob.,glad you all got it fixed though.
richeyo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 08:06 AM   #3
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 44190
Yeesh, scary stuff. All shooters should be able to ID a squib to avoid what almost happened with your cousin. Hope he was thankful after you possibly saved his hands/face.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:32 AM   #4
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 54724
Every day shooting my XDM 3.8 9 mm is a good day about 2k rds not a hickup
Briggs6951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 09:44 AM   #5
XDTalk Member

Member #: 54115
What ammo were you shooting?
gasboffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 03:38 PM   #6
XDTalk Member

Member #: 66459
[QUOTE=gasboffer;3227983]What ammo were you shooting?[/Q

REmington umc hollow points, from wally.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Information » SA-XD/XD(M) Range Reports

Search tags for this page
great day with my cousin status
problems shooting an xd

xdm forums where to shoot illinois

xdm problems
Click on a term to search for related topics.