• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

XDM 9mm first time on the range

This is a discussion on XDM 9mm first time on the range within the SA-XD/XD(M) Range Reports forums, part of the Information category; Hello all, I FINALLY got my XDM 9mm. I have to say that the website is kind of deceiving, I thought the XDM that I ...

Old 02-17-2012, 11:07 PM   #1
XDTalk Member

Member #: 69397
Thumbs up XDM 9mm first time on the range

Hello all,
I FINALLY got my XDM 9mm. I have to say that the website is kind of deceiving, I thought the XDM that I ordered was going to be smaller. Closer to the Glock 27 size.

I was definitely wrong. With that being said...I LOVE MY NEW GUN!!

It was smooth and handled really well. I have the XDM 9mm 3.8 Compact.
One thing I thought I was getting, was the XD9 SC. The one that holds 13 and 19 round mags. But I am happy with the 19rd mags that I got with the gun.
The Holster is ok...I am looking for a Comp Tec or Crossbreed to wear for CHL.

The Mag Pouch is flawed, it should be the paddle like the holster. It was a pain to un belt myself just to take the mag pound off and on.

The mags worked flawlessly. I was shooting Remington UMC 9 mm. I managed 231 round of the 250 case. I kept 19 to leave in the gun at the house due to being too poor to buy Defense rounds (lets hope I don't have to use it defensively).

I am itching to get back to the range and improve on the handling. I am disappointed that SA didn't provide something to punch out the roll pin on the back strap so I could test the other. I couldn't find anything laying around the house that would work. It also seems kind of a waste to go buy a punch specifically to use for this. Once I find the one that fits best, its not coming off again.

I am eventually looking to get 5 or six mags, and maybe a raise and free ammo. You know it would be awesome to be able to go shoot at least once a week two or three hundred rounds. I think it might be 2 or 3 weeks between range trips.
Attached Thumbnails
XDM 9mm first time on the range-rangefirsttwomags.jpg   XDM 9mm first time on the range-rangemags3and4.jpg   XDM 9mm first time on the range-2012-02-16_00-32-45_603.jpg   XDM 9mm first time on the range-2012-02-16_00-33-18_811.jpg   XDM 9mm first time on the range-2012-02-16_00-33-33_89.jpg  

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.” (Quoting Cesare Beccaria)

The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.
Shooter2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-17-2012, 11:15 PM   #2
XDTalk Member

Member #: 69762
I like mine, too.

It took getting used to shooting it, because I'm a Glock guy. I shoot a 45 better than a 9mm.

iPad/Tapatalk
Old 02-17-2012, 11:16 PM   #3
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 66064
Congrats on new purchase. Nice groups really good 1st time out. Enjoy & be safe.
richeyo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 07:35 AM   #4
XDTalk Member

Member #: 68467
Congrats on the new purchase. I know what you mean about wanting more range time. I want to go every week, but end up only being able to make it every 2 to 3 weeks myself. I have also started looking into reloading to cut cost. I haven't committed 100% but have started to collect some of my brass in case that is the way I want to go.

Good luck, and be safe!
Curtis
curtiscr79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 09:54 PM   #5
XDTalk Member

Member #: 69397
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtiscr79 View Post
Congrats on the new purchase. I know what you mean about wanting more range time. I want to go every week, but end up only being able to make it every 2 to 3 weeks myself. I have also started looking into reloading to cut cost. I haven't committed 100% but have started to collect some of my brass in case that is the way I want to go.

Good luck, and be safe!
Curtis
Yeah I have been considering that too, but I don't see it being cost effective for someone who doesn't shoot 2 or 3 thousand rounds a week.

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.” (Quoting Cesare Beccaria)

The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.
Shooter2004 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Information » SA-XD/XD(M) Range Reports

9mm, first time, i love my gun, range

Search tags for this page
disarm an xdm
first 9mm xd or xdm
first 9mm xd or xdm?
first time 9mm
right thumb pain xd 9mm
roll pin for xdm 9
xd 45 mm
xd or xdm 9mm

xdm 9mm

xdm 9mm first

xdm 9mm range report

xdm 9mm website
xdm forums
xdm roll pin xdtalk
xdm roll pins
Click on a term to search for related topics.