• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

New here, XDm .40

This is a discussion on New here, XDm .40 within the SA-XD/XD(M) Range Reports forums, part of the Information category; Went shooting with Son #1 last night. Had a pretty good time slinging lead, learned some stuff I was doing wrong thanks to a friendly ...

Old 02-14-2012, 06:47 AM   #1
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 69393
New here, XDm .40

Went shooting with Son #1 last night. Had a pretty good time slinging lead, learned some stuff I was doing wrong thanks to a friendly instructor at the range and improved my accuracy by a fair margin. Didn't get pics of the target last night, but pretty much everything was on target at 7 yards, within a pie plate group. Finger placement on the trigger had a HUGE impact on where I was hitting. The last few rounds were almost dead center mass.

The more I shoot my XDm .40, the happier I get.

Just picked the XDm up last month and have put about 600 rounds through it so far. No fail-to-feed or fail-to-eject problems, even with my twins shooting it and they only weigh in at about 110-115 lbs each. Mostly Federal 180 grain FMJ ammo at this point, although I did put a box of the zombie max ammo through it last night as well. Picked up some Winchester hollow points after the trip to the range, I'll try those out on the next go-around. Might get the wife to go with me for Valentine's day.
d_adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-14-2012, 07:26 AM   #2
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 51155
Welcome from S.E. Wisconsin

WHEN INJUSTICE BECOMES LAW, REBELLION BECOMES DUTY
XDmct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:49 AM   #3
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 69393
Went again with another bud that just bought a XDs .45 and he wanted to shoot mine to compare. I like the idea of the smaller .45 but it's just not for me. We swapped 4 different guns for about an hour total time, maybe went through 450-500+ rounds between us both. I know that we went through 200+ on my XDm, had some hydra-shok ammo I wanted to test, along with another 150+ rounds of my normal Federal stuff. Not sure how many rounds of .22 we went through, at least 100+ by my guess. His stuff, I think he picked up 50 rounds each of the .45 and for his .380 plus what he already had on hand, maybe another 60-70 rounds combined.

Both of us shot essentially the same, good with the SR-22, ok with the .380 ( I don't even know what make/model it was) and about the same with the XDs. He was impressed that the .40 shot much tighter groups, even single handed, either right or left. As we were walking out, he asked if I wanted to trade my XDm for his XDs. I just had to laugh a little, told him no way.

Man I do love my XDm, even more now.
d_adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:52 PM   #4
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 38362
Sounds like fun!

Tactical black cat - sleeps in doorways

A right unused become a privilege for the ruling class.

john_bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:17 PM   #5
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 72838
An XD is hard to beat no matter which you get. Have not fired the XDm but I do like my XD40 Tactical, so much so that I just put an XDs on layaway for CC. Welcome from South Alabama.
warbird1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Information » SA-XD/XD(M) Range Reports

Search tags for this page

reloading for xdm .40

Click on a term to search for related topics.