• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

XDM .40/SA 1911 and Desert Eagle .50

This is a discussion on XDM .40/SA 1911 and Desert Eagle .50 within the SA-XD/XD(M) Range Reports forums, part of the Information category; I visited my local shooting range the other day with my 3 handguns, XDM .40, SA Mil spec 1911 and my Desert Eagle .50. I ...

Old 02-13-2012, 11:50 PM   #1
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 69300
XDM .40/SA 1911 and Desert Eagle .50

I visited my local shooting range the other day with my 3 handguns, XDM .40, SA Mil spec 1911 and my Desert Eagle .50.

I am very impressed with how well my XDM(4.5) .40 shot. I have put around 400 rounds through it and it seems to shoot better with each trip.

This was the first trip with my new purchase (SA 1911). I had shot my friends SA 1911 a few weeks before, i liked the feel of the 1911. It had a smooth feel and i shot it very well. However, i am having slight trouble with accuracy with my handgun. I have been adjusting my grip, stance aim etc. trying to pin point the best combination. I have only shot around 100 rounds through this, i can tell many more are to come.

I never thought i would own a Desert Eagle, however the salesman did his job that day. I came home with a polished chrome . 50, i had a very hard time finding ammo and had the best luck searching for it online.
The first round through the gun was eye opening. I expected it to have heavy recoil, however it wasnt all that bad. I then loaded the magazine to full capacity (7 rounds). I took aim, fired in short bursts and found that this gun was very accurate. I had my target set about 35' away and hit within the center mass. Since the ammo isnt the cheapest, this is a gun i will not shoot/bring to the range that often. I have put about 50 rounds through this so far.

A side note: Magnum Research reps. were very helpful and responded very quickly with a few questions i had on my handgun, i was impressed with their customer service!
bigwill8023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-14-2012, 09:20 AM   #2
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 69374
NICE!
apal is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Information » SA-XD/XD(M) Range Reports

Search tags for this page
.40 desert eagle forum

1911 .40

desert eagle .50

desert eagle .50 wont feed when mag is fully loaded
desert eagle 1911 had chrome
desert eagle 40 chrome

desert eagle 50 mil

desert eagle forum

desert eagle information report
desert eagle san antonio buy
information about desert eagles

sa xdm

xd 40 vs desert eagle
xd 40 vs sa 1911
xdm.40 range report
Click on a term to search for related topics.