• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Frustrating

This is a discussion on Frustrating within the SA-XD/XD(M) Range Reports forums, part of the Information category; So I am new to the whole polymer gun scene, in fact my XDm 4.5 9mm is the first poly gun I've ever shot. I ...

Old 02-11-2012, 06:32 PM   #1
XDTalk Member

Member #: 68780
Frustrating

So I am new to the whole polymer gun scene, in fact my XDm 4.5 9mm is the first poly gun I've ever shot. I used to not pull my shots. First trip to the range I thought it was the sights were off. This Friday and today I went back to the range and put 300 rounds through the gun. Each day I started off shooting left. I was pulling my steady hand (left hand) as I shot (still had awesome grouping just not bullseye). I think I am starting off expecting big recoil and then once I realize what I'm doing I can fix it. Hoping next week I can get past my bad start.
Shocknyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-11-2012, 06:40 PM   #2
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 69307
Not sure what trigger platform you moved from but check this out. It may or may not help! A little bit different trigger may require some different grip.
IMHO

http://is-lan.com/challenge/images/P...Correction.pdf

Quote:
As for being OT...thread drift is the rule around here. Embrace it.

Quote:
I was anti-glock for a long time. I have always been a contrarian and just didn't want to be one of THEM.
3shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 07:02 PM   #3
XDTalk Member

Member #: 68780
Thanks for the chart but I have it already. My previous trigger platform was Sig Sauer traditional double action. As I said in my post I was pulling with my steady hand (left hand). I can fix it when I concentrate on keeping my left hand still and not pulling with my left hand. Its frustrating because I used to not do this.
Shocknyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:35 PM   #4
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 69374
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3shot View Post
Not sure what trigger platform you moved from but check this out. It may or may not help! A little bit different trigger may require some different grip.
IMHO

http://is-lan.com/challenge/images/P...Correction.pdf

wow, this is great.. do you know where I can find the left hand version of this guide?
apal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:56 PM   #5
XDTalk Member

Member #: 68856
Quote:
Originally Posted by apal View Post
wow, this is great.. do you know where I can find the left hand version of this guide?
You shuold be able to just reverse it left to right and use it for left handed. So "breaking wrist up" & "breaking wrist down..." stay, "too little trigger finger" would be on the far right, "thumbing or too much trigger finger" on the far left etc...
jsho09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:01 PM   #6
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 61319
Quote:

flip it over at look at it thru a light bulb ??? sorry... couldn't resist.....

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

A gun should be a tool in the hands of a deadly weapon, not a deadly weapon in the hands of a tool.
Bdmac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:13 PM   #7
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 67471
Quote:
Here ya go...

New High Resolution Pistol Correction Chart w/ XDTalk logo
Old 02-13-2012, 04:17 PM   #8
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 67471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shocknyou View Post
So I am new to the whole polymer gun scene, in fact my XDm 4.5 9mm is the first poly gun I've ever shot. I used to not pull my shots. First trip to the range I thought it was the sights were off. This Friday and today I went back to the range and put 300 rounds through the gun. Each day I started off shooting left. I was pulling my steady hand (left hand) as I shot (still had awesome grouping just not bullseye). I think I am starting off expecting big recoil and then once I realize what I'm doing I can fix it. Hoping next week I can get past my bad start.
Is it just the first shot from each mag? Do you just let the trigger go to the reset point after the first shot or do you release it all of the way with each shot?

What happens when you dry fire it? Are you able to keep it steady then or does the uzzle move?
Old 02-13-2012, 06:37 PM   #9
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 44190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shocknyou View Post
Honestly, I think you need to go back to basics. Shoot less, focus more. 300rds and you're still pulling your shots = you're ingraining bad habits into muscle memory. Focus on your grip, especially on your non-dominant hand.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:06 PM   #10
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 69374
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridge View Post

thank you!
apal is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Information » SA-XD/XD(M) Range Reports