• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

New to the Board - My 1st day at the range w/XDm9

This is a discussion on New to the Board - My 1st day at the range w/XDm9 within the SA-XD/XD(M) Range Reports forums, part of the Information category; XDm 9 4.5 Black 19+1 So after months of trying to decide between the M&P and the XDm I finally decided on the XDm and ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Information » SA-XD/XD(M) Range Reports » New to the Board - My 1st day at the range w/XDm9

Old 03-25-2011, 01:14 PM   #1
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 55673
Talking New to the Board - My 1st day at the range w/XDm9

XDm 9 4.5 Black 19+1

So after months of trying to decide between the M&P and the XDm I finally decided on the XDm and picked it up yesterday. Brought it home cleaned it up and got it ready for the 1st day at the range today.

I took several types of PD ammo and range ammo to see how things cycled and for accuracy as well.

My 1st shot at 7yards in the 10 ring with Cor Bon 115 1350 fps (not dpx) the Cor Bon had the tightest groups through the day too. Grouped slightly toward 9 oclock but tight and mostly in the 10 and 9 rings

I ran through a mag of Hornady XTP next also at 115. These grouped more dead center but not as tight as the cor bons and I had a few xtra flyers with this....could have been me though.

Next was Speer Gold Dot also at 115 - I think this was my second favorite round of the day. These felt like they ran toward 7 oclock and I had a few flyers again but tight groups and just a good feeling round

Last PD round was Winchester PDX 124 - If this is the new FBI round.....Hmmmm, I was the least impressed with this round, could have been the heavier bullet compared to the others but I just felt like I shot it all over the place - where most drifted toward an area of the target these did not....but then again could have been the operator

Next I ran through some range ammo - Remington Shur shot 115 I got at Academy for $23 for 100 was the best then the other 2 I had felt about the same - Speer Lawman 115 ($12) and Monarch steel at 115 which I paid $8 for 50 at academy on sale was really decent ammo - if you dont reload do you really care if its brass - I say no especially at that price.

Before I left the range I took it over to our 25 yard range and shot range ammo (remember $8 for 50) and the 1st shot also in the 10 ring.

No FTF or FTE all day with about 300 rounds fired.

WOW I LOVE THIS GUN!!!!!!!!!!
Jaxdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-25-2011, 01:55 PM   #2
XDTalk Member

Member #: 55552
Jax, you had a better first day than I. And keep better records.

I came home Tues. singing the praises of my new XD9 Service pistol. 150 rounds, two different brands of cheap ammo just see 1, if it works, 2, how to aim it and 3, where do the bullets go. It shot it all flawlessly, I aimed a several things, I hit some. I gotta go again today and figure that out.
BRE346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:18 PM   #3
XDTalk Member

Member #: 33851
Sounds like fun.
tenchu74 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Information » SA-XD/XD(M) Range Reports

ammo, new member, new owner, range report

Search tags for this page

xdm9 barrel ring

xdm9 fps

Click on a term to search for related topics.