• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

New XD-9 about 600 rounds later

This is a discussion on New XD-9 about 600 rounds later within the SA-XD/XD(M) Range Reports forums, part of the Information category; After being a long time 1911 guy, I decided it was time to branch out into the world of capacity that you can still fit ...

Old 04-30-2009, 08:36 AM   #1
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 36672
Talking New XD-9 about 600 rounds later

After being a long time 1911 guy, I decided it was time to branch out into the world of capacity that you can still fit in your hand. I had shot my friends ported xd-9 a few times and was very pleased with it and at the end of the day, I couldn't help myself. I'd looked at glocks, sigs, cz's (Iím still interested in the new phantom), and m&p's and well... no one here blames me for my decision. If you do, you should probably go to another forum.

I have put about 600 rounds through it so far and not a single problem. 50 the day of purchase. 100 or 150 later that week. 50 at a backyard shoot with some friends. 100 in preparation for an IDPA match then about 100 the following day at the match. And another 100 just the other day. And I think there was another 100 count range day in there somewhere. I am pretty ocd about cleaning after every shooting (although I didn't clean after the match and the f/u range day... for shame right?), but so far I have put PMC Brass, Rem. UMC Brass, and Blazer Aluminum through it and not a single feeding issue or misfire. Natural point of aim on this with this gun is great. Its way more accurate than I am. I'm still pretty novice in the IDPA world, and in that (higher) stress (than a gun range) environment I was able to find the sights pretty quick and get follow up shots on target without much trouble.

I have been nothing but pleased with the performance of this gun. 1911's are pricey and not for everyone. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the XD platform to any unless they just had really small hands.

Not too long ago I got my hands on some M-Pro 7 cleaning solution, previously I have lived and (literally, though not on purpose) breathed hopps #7 for all my gun cleaning needs. I live in an apartment and don't have a well ventilated area to clean. I have tried gun scrubber, and though it works, I'm just not a fan of the ETOH or the aerosol based products. Not too long ago, on a whim, I picked up the M-Pro7 Solvent, copper solvent, and oil. I have used it on one of my 1911 frames and it's all I've used on the XD. From a cleaning standpoint, I am very pleased. It works fast and is very effective. What's more is it is virtually odorless. The oil has proven effective, although I do prefer Miltec. I have always just used oil, but in the name of science, I wanted to look into some of the synthetic grease products and my order of gun butter arrived yesterday. I've been holding out on cleaning the XD for this order to come in. It talks a big game; Iíll let you know how it turns out.

If anyone has any of these fancy new fangled grease and grease byproducts that you would recommend over the gun butter or any reports on the CZ phantom, Iím all ears.
Benji is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 04-30-2009, 12:33 PM   #2
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 20991
Good deal. I don't use anything fancy for cleaning or lubricant just CLP and/or RemOil. My XDs just run in pretty much any condition.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:22 PM   #3
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 35934
CLP and a bore snake, nothing fancy used here
Spartan299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 06:37 AM   #4
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 6127
i got some kroil and so far iam likin it , but the smell ??? its got one, ive used alot of different things on my xd's and havent had a run problem yet , so what xd did you wantto get? did you buy his xd? or a new one , i got lost atthat point?
XD compact 4in, 45 acp black,
XD bi tone service 9
COUPLE SHOTGUNS
COWBOY GUNS

BUNCH OF OTHER STUFF TOO
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
shaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 06:42 PM   #5
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 36672
oh right, sorry about that. I picked up a new 4" in 9mm. Good thing too cause he and I went to our first IDPA match and he wasn't allowed to shoot the ported. As far as performance is concerned, I see that you have the tactical 9, what advantages are you seeing from it in comparison to your 4"?
Benji is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Information » SA-XD/XD(M) Range Reports

cz phantom, gun butter, m-pro 7, xd-9

Search tags for this page

m pro7 on xd 9

Click on a term to search for related topics.