• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Just got back from the range with xdm40

This is a discussion on Just got back from the range with xdm40 within the SA-XD/XD(M) Range Reports forums, part of the Information category; Hey all, this is my first post, i joined about a week ago when i bought my XDM-40 olive drab/black pistol, this pistol is MY ...

Old 04-26-2009, 06:02 PM   #1
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 36668
Just got back from the range with xdm40

Hey all, this is my first post, i joined about a week ago when i bought my XDM-40 olive drab/black pistol, this pistol is MY first pistol, but not the first i have shot...

Went to the range with 300 rounds, only had 1 ftf, and that was when a friend of mine was using it...

I cleaned the gun the day i got it (this past monday) and no problems...

Dirty as hell today after a day at the range...

only two problems i have are with the holsters that come with the gun, and changing the backstrap, but otherwise its an amazing gun
the magazine holster is kinda annoying, having to take your belt off to put it on
and the gun holster, i dont have a problem with it, just the fact that my jeans have little aluminum things that stick out and the side of the gun seems to scratch on the left side because of that...

Otherwise, very reliable and well made weapon, i had one guy at the place i bought it say that glocks were better, but i knew they werent, so i got what i wanted and i couldnt be happier...

Ill update after the next range day or so...

1 question--

1. how much is a 40S&W to 9mm conversion kit for the xdm-40 cost?

Thanks

Justin
j1999t is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 04-26-2009, 06:11 PM   #2
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 36123
Welcome!! To help with the rolled pin for the backstraps you can buy a pin punch @ home depot. For the barrel you can buy one @ pistolgear.com. I think about $155 for barrel? I don't know about the Guride rod spring though, might have to buy a diff one. You will have to buy 9mm mags so you don't have to mod or screw up your .40 mags.
vash_241987 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Information » SA-XD/XD(M) Range Reports

40s&w, magazine, pistol, springfield, xdm

Search tags for this page

olive drab or black pistol

xdm40 scratches left side

Click on a term to search for related topics.