• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

FINALLY! How to search XDTalk effectively - sticky?

This is a discussion on FINALLY! How to search XDTalk effectively - sticky? within the SA-XD/XD(M) FAQ & Stickies forums, part of the Information category; Thanks for the tip. Works like a charm....

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Information » SA-XD/XD(M) FAQ & Stickies » FINALLY! How to search XDTalk effectively - sticky?

Old 02-20-2009, 09:28 AM   #31
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 12948
Thanks for the tip. Works like a charm.
wombat13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-20-2009, 12:43 PM   #32
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 20991
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockerz71 View Post
we need someone (maybe me) to make a firefox search plugin that just uses google to search xdtalk. The one I made a while ago just uses the built-in vbulletin search thing which sucks.
I got your back.

- Go to google.com
- Right click in the search box and click "Add a Keyword for this search"
- Enter the name of "Search XDTalk"
- Enter the keyword of "xdtalk"
- Click "Add"

Now, go find the item you just created, which should be somewhere in your bookmarks.

- Right-click your "Search XDTalk" item and select "Properties"
- Remove the text that is in the location box and enter this...

PHP Code:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=site:xdtalk.com%20%s&aq=f&oq= 
Now all you have to do to search XDTalk is enter "xdtalk ___________" in your address bar where __________ is your search terms.

Works great!

EDIT: I used the "PHP Code" object above so that it wouldn't convert some of that text to smiley faces.

Last edited by mhillsing23; 02-20-2009 at 12:47 PM.
mhillsing23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 06:05 PM   #33
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 21942
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhillsing23 View Post
I got your back.

- Go to google.com
- Right click in the search box and click "Add a Keyword for this search"
- Enter the name of "Search XDTalk"
- Enter the keyword of "xdtalk"
- Click "Add"

Now, go find the item you just created, which should be somewhere in your bookmarks.

- Right-click your "Search XDTalk" item and select "Properties"
- Remove the text that is in the location box and enter this...

PHP Code:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=site:xdtalk.com%20%s&aq=f&oq= 
Now all you have to do to search XDTalk is enter "xdtalk ___________" in your address bar where __________ is your search terms.

Works great!
There is such talent on this board! Thanks for that great tip!
"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire thirty shots or only twenty-nine?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a 7.62mm AK-47, the most prolific assault rifle in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, PUNK? "

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
Weaponry from the dark side.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

FloridaPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 06:05 PM   #34
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 29305
I didn't bother to read the whole thread, but i removed google tool bar after i heard that it tracks every site you got to.
" with all this natural selection going on, why doesn't the human race get any smarter ? Is this it ? Why are there still so many stupid people ? Apparently, being a real dumb ******* has some survival value. " George Carlin, R.I.P.

SA XDm .40
Sig P232 .380 w/Crimson Trace
AR15 Project
wedged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:48 PM   #35
XDTalk 1K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedged View Post
I didn't bother to read the whole thread, but i removed google tool bar after i heard that it tracks every site you got to.
You use Google, even from a browser, you get tracked. And Yahoo and innumerable other websites. Get over it, I'm sure big brother has little interest in knowing where you go on the net unless you are searching with 'suspicious' terms.
"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire thirty shots or only twenty-nine?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a 7.62mm AK-47, the most prolific assault rifle in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, PUNK? "

Old 03-04-2009, 04:03 AM   #36
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 24716
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedged View Post
If you're using the internet you're being tracked! The only way to avoid it is to not be online in the first place.

Oh, useful info. Bump until it becomes a sticky!
Raskolnikov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 07:45 AM   #37
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 20991
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPhil View Post
There is such talent on this board! Thanks for that great tip!
Talent?...That is questionable. Thanks!
Old 03-09-2009, 07:23 AM   #38
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 67
Stuck...

as a sticky(stickie).

Ed
Old 04-22-2009, 07:36 PM   #39
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 33794
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING THIS !!!!
i was about to post a thread about how i've never been able to search anything successfully on here and it tix me off!!! but i just tried this and it works! too bad i just wased 30 minutes before i happened to stumble upon this during a "individually searching every forum room" search. thx again

We are trusting the future, or at least the next four years to a cult figure who brings with him a questionable background, no executive experience and very liberal congress controlled in both houses by people of questionable motives, morals and ethics. GOD, help us!

smith & wesson sigma 9mm (sold)
.410 break down sawed-off
soon to be xdsc.40
TAURUS JUDGE !!!!!!!
Judge Dread(lox) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 07:55 PM   #40
XDTalk 1K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Dread(lox) View Post
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING THIS !!!!
i was about to post a thread about how i've never been able to search anything successfully on here and it tix me off!!! but i just tried this and it works! too bad i just wased 30 minutes before i happened to stumble upon this during a "individually searching every forum room" search. thx again

You are very welcome. Just trying to lend a helping hand to fellow XDer's.

If you like this thread, why not show me some love and give me some rep points. Just click on the scales in the panel on the left. Thanks!

<<<-----------------------

FloridaPhil

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Information » SA-XD/XD(M) FAQ & Stickies

Search tags for this page

blegga

how to search stickies

site : xdtalk.com

Click on a term to search for related topics.