• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Spam: Let me know about it.

This is a discussion on Spam: Let me know about it. within the SA-XD/XD(M) FAQ & Stickies forums, part of the Information category; Webroot "SPYSWEEPER" ..... is THE best modern solution to the spyware and adware problem. Norton "UTILITIES" and "PERSONAL FIREWALL" by Symantec Corp. are the best ...

Old 09-28-2005, 08:26 PM   #21
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 5809
Webroot "SPYSWEEPER"..... is THE best modern solution to the spyware and adware problem. Norton "UTILITIES" and "PERSONAL FIREWALL" by Symantec Corp. are the best answer to virus, pop-up and hacker control. I work at a "computer superstore". These are the products that we normally recommend.

Statement of Disclosure: The preceding was NOT a prepaid advertisment. The characters portrayed were strictly fictional and any and all similarities to any persons living or deceased were merely coincidental.
(I always wanted to say that)
WARHEAD'Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 09-29-2005, 12:24 AM   #22
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 4732
Quote:
Originally Posted by j2fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delija
My son has a laptop that is now unusable....he lost the installation disk, ..............
Peace,
D.
Delija, if possible you may want to contact the company that built the laptop.
Thanks for the tip. Definitely worth a try.
My laptop (a Toshiba) is falling apart. The hinges are shot and Toshiba will not fix it out of warranty. They told me I have to go through an authorized service center. They really get you by the short-hairs. The hinges are something like $400 or so with labor. Would be great if I could get my son's laptop working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2fast
+1 to the free version of AVG anti-virus also. I install it on all of the machines I work on for family and friends. IMO products like Norton, etc are just to bloated with extra just and are almost more trouble than helpful.
Yeah, AVG was a find. Everyone seems to know about Ad-Aware, but AVG isn't as well publicized. The guy that turned me onto it does anti-hacking for the NSA and CIA. Homeland Secruty now I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WARHEAD'Z
Webroot "SPYSWEEPER"[/size]..... is THE best modern solution to the spyware and adware problem. Norton "UTILITIES" and "PERSONAL FIREWALL by Symantec Corp. are the best answer to virus, pop-up and hacker control. I work at a "computer superstore". These are the products that we normally recommend.
Yeah, I have SPYSWEEPER now. After my son blew out his OS with so much spyware (and viruses) that the computer is unusable, he bought a desktop for gaming. He bought SPYSWEEPER and I put it on my laptop...it really seems very good. Not free, but well worth the $29. If he had it on the laptop I PAID FOR I wouldn't be having this aggravation now.

I still use Norton Utilities in addition to AVG. Besides the anti-virus it has other good stuff. The Service Pack 2 in XP has what seems to be a pretty good software firewall. I'm running XP Pro at home and it's been perfect for over a year.

Peace,
D.
Delija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 11:24 AM   #23
XDTalk Member

Member #: 6851
I am in computer industry and can suggest two tools that have enabled me to never get a virus, hijack, Trojan, key logger or any other malicious items.

One I use is WinPatrol and it is free and have been using it for years.
I run it on all 4 of my PC's at home. It monitors the vulnerable areas of your PC and watches for changes to happen and blocks them before they can do damage. This also works for the wife who does not know much about PC's.
http://www.winpatrol.com/
Download WinPatrol 9.7 FREE!

I use Outlook from home and the filters work, but they are sometimes difficult to setup for the avg user and need constant changes.
The program is called MailWasher.
http://www.mailwasher.net/

This program will talk to your mail server before Outlook starts and only gathers text info for you to identify the sender, subject and some of the message body. You can import a very large list of "bad" E-Mail addresses and as people send you E-Mail you just click if you want them to be a friend or black list them. You can also select them an option that will send them a standard E-Mail POP reply that states the E-Mail address can't be found.

Hope this info helps....

Take care and God bless.
Nick
-> Star Super S 9mm Corto/.380
-> Phoenix Arms .22 LR HP22 Auto
-> KAHR PM40
Nickso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 09:55 PM   #24
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 5809
WARHEAD'Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 06:51 AM   #25
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 2669
I don't know about the rest of y'all, but I like spam. I usually fry it up with some eggs and toast for breakfast....what? Not that kind of spam? Oh.....never mind.

"Guns don't make you a killer. Killing makes you a killer. You can kill someone with a baseball bat or a car, but no one is trying to ban you from driving to the ball game."

-Unknown
XDfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 10:04 AM   #26
XDTalk Member

Member #: 6851
Not spam, but good advice from someone with a lot of experience.

Just like the experience I gain from this forum and it's knowledgeable members.

I hope this info helps someone, but like anything, don't use if you are concerned or suspicious.

Nick
-> Star Super S 9mm Corto/.380
-> Phoenix Arms .22 LR HP22 Auto
-> KAHR PM40
Nickso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 12:00 AM   #27
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 2949
ha ha some justice
http://www.detnews.com/2005/technolo...B01-349738.htm
Too bad he wasn`t arrested.Damn cockroach
Dwweeb_5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 01:29 AM   #28
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 9034
there is some spame in this very subsection. cheap ciggarettes?
rem 870 exp super mag 12ga
enfield 303 mark1 no3
Springfield30.06
Bushy Ar-15 .223
marlin .22lr(no not a 10\22, but has silencer, expanded round tube, lightened trigger, and more)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

murphyslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 05:38 AM   #29
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 14907
SpamBot user: pazzibazi

posted here: http://www.xdtalk.com./forums/showthread.php?t=38147
MadBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 03:11 AM   #30
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 9034
http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/showthr...447#post511447
rem 870 exp super mag 12ga
enfield 303 mark1 no3
Springfield30.06
Bushy Ar-15 .223
marlin .22lr(no not a 10\22, but has silencer, expanded round tube, lightened trigger, and more)

murphyslaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Information » SA-XD/XD(M) FAQ & Stickies

Search tags for this page

astra a-100 9mm best rounds

laser sights for hp22

let me know your information

toshiba falling apart 2012

Click on a term to search for related topics.