• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

XD Armorers Manual

This is a discussion on XD Armorers Manual within the SA-XD/XD(M) FAQ & Stickies forums, part of the Information category; Originally Posted by ajamesp51 No Springfeild Armory has a copyright on their police armors manual. For liability reasons they did not want a member to ...

Closed Thread
Old 04-04-2005, 11:34 AM   #21
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 5153
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajamesp51
No Springfeild Armory has a copyright on their police armors manual. For liability reasons they did not want a member to post pictures of springfield armorys copyrighted manual. If you do your own manual with your own work then SA has no problem with that. Its the same thing as copying a termpaper and turning it in as your work. The information will still get out they just didnt want it posted now.

What a Crock!
Anyone have this and willling to send it to me so I can distribute it?

The person who carries more than 1 gun is not paranoid but prepared.
Remove Ads
Old 04-04-2005, 12:12 PM   #22
Official Site Vendor

Member #: 2714
[quote="XD BACKUP GUN"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajamesp51
Anyone have this and willling to send it to me so I can distribute it?
If you want to make your own manual, or if you want to take someone else's work and give it away, do it on your own-outside of this forum. Springfield made a request and I honored that request. As AJames noted, most of this information is availalable in several formats, if anyone truly needs help. Beyond that, SA has also offered to help, as they always have.

If you want/need the manual, take the class. You can get a copy there.

Old School
Old 04-04-2005, 01:12 PM   #23
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 3702
I don't have any problem understanding that SFA would want full rights to their own manual- so would I, if I wrote it. My problem with SFA is rooted in their blatant supression of efforts by others to cure the problems that are bound to pop up, with any mechanical design.

If'n "That kinda talk ain't allowed heya no mo" then somebody just needs to step up & say so.

So, I'm asking you direct- are threads disussing and describing end-user mods to the HS2000 family of guns (which, strangely enough, bear a striking similarity to the Sproing-field XD) going to be allowed on this forum or not?
It ain't personal. Nothing contained herein is intended is to offend the immature, retarded, hyper-sensitive, emotionally/hormonally unstable, or otherwise easily-offended. But if it does- don't cry to me. I don't care.
"Sarge"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

Old 04-04-2005, 01:23 PM   #24
Official Site Vendor

Of course and they always will be allowed. What is not allowed is making copies of copyrighted material and making those copies available to others. Lets say someone purchases David K's book and decides to make copies to all who are interested. Is that right? No, it is wrong and will not be allowed here.

If someone wants help on installing a new extractor, as an example, that information can be found here and elsewhere. This has always been the case.

Old School
Old 04-04-2005, 01:26 PM   #25
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 3702
Cool beans, Homey Thanks for the clarification.
It ain't personal. Nothing contained herein is intended is to offend the immature, retarded, hyper-sensitive, emotionally/hormonally unstable, or otherwise easily-offended. But if it does- don't cry to me. I don't care.
"Sarge"

Old 04-04-2005, 01:27 PM   #26
Official Site Vendor

Not a problem.
Old 04-04-2005, 01:42 PM   #27
Official Site Vendor

Member #: 1513
Good example OldSchool
Old 04-04-2005, 07:21 PM   #28
XDTalk Member

Member #: 5382
If anyone is interested , there are 90 min. DVD's for sale on E-BAY- titled "The complete Springfield XD auto pistol gunsmith repair video" $24.99 I dont know whats really on these dvd's but part of the lable on the front of the dvd is "BLURRED" out on the ad picture. I guess you could e-mail the person and ask about it. But they say Springfield xd on them.
XD-40,1911 45,MOD.700 30/06,MOD.110 .270,MOD.K98,RUGER 10/22,MOSS. 500,C.D.12GA.AUTO,REM 512,MARLIN22MAG,ROSSI 410-22,STEVENS20GA.STEVENS.22,CVA OPTIMA 50 CAL,CVA APOLLO 50 CAL,TRADITIONS 50 SIDELOCK. WIFE WONT LET ME BUY ANY MORE !!!!!!!!
Old 04-04-2005, 07:46 PM   #29
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 4651
GUYS,

Copyright is NOT the issue here.

"I spoke with Dave Williams about this issue folks. I was advised from Dave that the COPYRIGHT is not an issue, as well as he told me that the manual is MINE! "

Oldschool, Springfield have 'asked' you to remove it i.e. gentlemans agreement.
If copyright is not the issue are there any actual laws being broken if someone posts it?
Old 04-04-2005, 07:59 PM   #30
Official Site Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuasmith
If copyright is not the issue are there any actual laws being broken if someone posts it?
Yes. The manual is copyrighted and making copies for distribution is breaking the law, whether Springfield elects to enforce the law or not.

Allow me to make another example. AJames releases his manual and you purchase a copy on-line at Amazon. You bought it, therefore that copy is legally yours. Without asking for permission, you post copies of the manual for others to use. AJames decides not to sue you, out of the goodness of his heart, and requests that I remove the link. You still broke the law and used this public forum to do so. Does this help?

It is true. Copyright was not Springfield's main reason for asking for its removal, however it was a concern. Safety and liability is/was their primary concern.

If you need information on how to repair your XD, just ask. Plenty of folks are here to help out. If you want the manual, take the course.

Old School
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Information » SA-XD/XD(M) FAQ & Stickies

Search tags for this page
1911 armorers manual pdf
mossberg 500 armorers manual
springfield armory armorer school

springfield armory xd armorers manual

springfield xd armorer manual

springfield xd armorers manual

springfield xdm armorer manual
xd armorer manual

xd armorers manual

xdm armorer manual
xdm armorer's manual
xdm armorers manual
Click on a term to search for related topics.