• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

XD Armorers Manual

This is a discussion on XD Armorers Manual within the SA-XD/XD(M) FAQ & Stickies forums, part of the Information category; Wonderful. I guess they will piss & moan until the "Premature Slide Lock" thread gets deleted, too. Springfield's attitude on matters like this is starting ...

Closed Thread
Old 04-02-2005, 07:45 AM   #11
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 3702
Wonderful. I guess they will piss & moan until the "Premature Slide Lock" thread gets deleted, too. Springfield's attitude on matters like this is starting to piss me off. Wonder what they're going to do about Kuhnhausen's Shop Manual for the 1911? I already got one of those...

Yobo, the need for an armorer's manual is rooted in the idea that some of us detest having to ship our guns back to the manufacturer, for simple fixes.
It ain't personal. Nothing contained herein is intended is to offend the immature, retarded, hyper-sensitive, emotionally/hormonally unstable, or otherwise easily-offended. But if it does- don't cry to me. I don't care.
"Sarge"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

Remove Ads
Old 04-02-2005, 10:52 AM   #12
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 2848
Quote:
Originally Posted by invssgt
Wonderful. I guess they will piss & moan until the "Premature Slide Lock" thread gets deleted, too. Springfield's attitude on matters like this is starting to piss me off. Wonder what they're going to do about Kuhnhausen's Shop Manual for the 1911? I already got one of those...

Yobo, the need for an armorer's manual is rooted in the idea that some of us detest having to ship our guns back to the manufacturer, for simple fixes.
I could not agree with you any more!!! I too am pissed off over this issue. WHat really gets me is the passing of a threat of a copyright issue. HOW IN THE HELL CAN YOU GIVE SOMEBODY SOMETHING, AND THEN TURN AND SAY, WELL WE DON"T WANT EVERYONE TO GET AHOLD OF THIS AND THINK THEY ARE ARMORERS.

I have been through the armorers course and I learn more from you guys on a day to day basis than I did from the one day class.

For the record all but one of my XD's have been sold, and I have purchased 4 glocks this week alone. I just don't understand Springfield's stance on this.

Tom
Old 04-02-2005, 07:06 PM   #13
XDTalk Member

Member #: 3663
I've done Google searches for Springfield XD armorer manual and have found nothing. Perhaps someone can give me a hint about where it might be found?

Thanks,
Ron
Old 04-03-2005, 06:58 AM   #14
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 5063
By the way the Croatian manufacturer doesnt have an armourers manual.
Old 04-03-2005, 09:50 AM   #15
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 3702
Here's what we got, boys- we have a manufacturer that evidently doesn't want anyone else working on their product.

This is roughly comparable to Chevy going to Hanes or Chilton's, and saying "Gee guys, we'd prefer if you didn't put out repair manuals on our 2000 and later model vehicles, for "liability reasons"- you know, Joe Schmuck might get his finger caught in the serpentine belt, or screw up the tranny-lock interface on "Park", etc. It's just not good when other people work on our vehicles, and you know we have dealerships with service departments, all over the country...

Right... Springfield might as well "swallow" on this one. People have been working on their own mechanical devices since there have been mechanical devices, and a few good souls have helped them out by publishing repair or shop manuals- and made themselves a few bucks in the effort.

This is called FREE ENTERPRISE for anyone in Geneseo IL who might be reading this, and doesn't get the basic concept.

Old School, you're allright and I'm not busting your chops for your decision. But somebody is going to publish an "armorer's/shop/repair manual" (or whatever the hell you want to call it) for the XD, whether they like it or not. The information is going to get developed and shared.

It's GOING to happen. Tough **** if the manufacturer don't like it.
It ain't personal. Nothing contained herein is intended is to offend the immature, retarded, hyper-sensitive, emotionally/hormonally unstable, or otherwise easily-offended. But if it does- don't cry to me. I don't care.
"Sarge"

Old 04-03-2005, 07:47 PM   #16
Official Site Vendor

Member #: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by invssgt
This is called FREE ENTERPRISE for anyone in Geneseo IL who might be reading this, and doesn't get the basic concept.

Old School, you're allright and I'm not busting your chops for your decision. But somebody is going to publish an "armorer's/shop/repair manual" (or whatever the hell you want to call it) for the XD, whether they like it or not. The information is going to get developed and shared.

It's GOING to happen. Tough **** if the manufacturer don't like it.
Yep, courts have been thru this already and rule against manufacturers. SEMA is an excellent example of this in the automotive world. The Magnussen-Moss Act probably applies to Springfield's position, but I'd have to go stay at a Holiday Inn to verify.

This forum with it's information precedes any Springfield knowledge published. They are already late in the game when it comes to figuring out what they have bought from IM Metals. It is nice to have a good relationship with them, but they need to make smart decisions.

Aw the hell with it, any information I offer now is only on the HS2000, and variants thereof. Any similarity to the XD is coincidental.

Old 04-03-2005, 09:29 PM   #17
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 4651
Good Point!!!

From now on i'm not looking for the XD armorers manual, I'm looking for the HS2000 armorers manual.

Anyone got one they would like to share?
Old 04-04-2005, 11:12 AM   #18
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 5005
I really missed the boat on this one, so forgive me if the following is completely wrong. From what I've gathered, someone (Old School?) intended to publish an XD Armorer's Manual, but Springfield cried and moaned, so our would-be publisher changed his/her mind.

Unless said publisher is already benefiting from a direct relationship with Springfield, there's no reason to heed any of Springfield's complaints. Seeing as many of us here certainly fall into the "no direct benefit" category, there's nothing stopping us from picking up the slack. As ajames said, the information is already out there, so why not compile it into a single, definitive resource? If I had the time, I'd attempt it.

XD-40 Service - Dearly Departed
Ruger KMK-512: VQ tuned
Remington 1100 Trap Special
Old 04-04-2005, 11:18 AM   #19
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 5153
If anyone has this Manual....let me have it and I will make copies and give it away for free to everyone who wants one!
Piss on Springfield....my XD maybe come expendable!

The person who carries more than 1 gun is not paranoid but prepared.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:31 AM   #20
Official Site Vendor

Member #: 1513
No Springfeild Armory has a copyright on their police armors manual. For liability reasons they did not want a member to post pictures of springfield armorys copyrighted manual. If you do your own manual with your own work then SA has no problem with that. Its the same thing as copying a termpaper and turning it in as your work. The information will still get out they just didnt want it posted now.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Information » SA-XD/XD(M) FAQ & Stickies

Search tags for this page
1911 armorers manual pdf
marlin armorer manual pdf
mossberg 500 armorers manual
springfield armorer school
springfield armory armorer school

springfield armory xd armorers manual

springfield xd armorer
springfield xd armorer manual

springfield xd armorers manual

springfield xd armorers manual pdf
springfield xdm armorer manual
xd armorer manual

xd armorers manual

xdm armorer manual
xdm armorers manual
xds armorer manual
Click on a term to search for related topics.