• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Official HS2000/XDtalk forum logo - ideas needed!!

This is a discussion on Official HS2000/XDtalk forum logo - ideas needed!! within the SA-XD/XD(M) FAQ & Stickies forums, part of the Information category; Originally Posted by tec Are you talking to anybody in partic'? or just talking to hear yourself?? :P just messin with ya Apparently I was ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Information » SA-XD/XD(M) FAQ & Stickies » Official HS2000/XDtalk forum logo - ideas needed!!

Closed Thread
Old 05-01-2006, 11:42 AM   #41
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 6413
Quote:
Originally Posted by tec
Are you talking to anybody in partic'? or just talking to hear yourself?? :P just messin with ya
Apparently I was talking to myself and you.

Sometimes you have to make your questions public before you figure them out yourself. :P

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

Daily carry = XD-9 service in a Blackhawk CQC SERPA holster, a Spyderco Native, and a Streamlight Scorpion.

"You have to be prepared to do the violence in order to survive the violence." [CQC Instructor]

A person has the right to keep and bear arms for the defense of self, family, home and State, and for hunting and recreational use. [Delaware Constitution, Article I, 20 Right to keep and bear arms]
Remove Ads
Old 05-01-2006, 11:44 AM   #42
tec
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 3850
Quote:
Originally Posted by "dave_in_delaware

Sometimes you have to make your questions public before you figure them out yourself. :P
sometimes you need to bounce ideas and thoughts off of others heads to come up with good ideas
Old 05-01-2006, 01:00 PM   #43
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 6413
I agree, which is the whole purpose of this thread. It's OUR forum's logo. So we should all have a say in its design.

I'm re-designing my first idea based on what some of you have mentioned here so far. And I'm getting away from using the flags as full-colored ones...

But this brings me to another question:

It seems like we could almost design 2 different versions of the logo:

1. "fancy" with colors for strictly using on the forum (Internet). Then we can include the flag(s).

and

2. "plain" black and white, more simplified, to save on the cost of printed items (stickers, T-shirts, etc.) since fewer colors is less expensive.

What do you think? Too complicated? Would you prefer to have just ONE logo for everything?

Let me know, and keep the ideas coming!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

Daily carry = XD-9 service in a Blackhawk CQC SERPA holster, a Spyderco Native, and a Streamlight Scorpion.

"You have to be prepared to do the violence in order to survive the violence." [CQC Instructor]

A person has the right to keep and bear arms for the defense of self, family, home and State, and for hunting and recreational use. [Delaware Constitution, Article I, 20 Right to keep and bear arms]
Old 05-01-2006, 01:03 PM   #44
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 4946
It's all good with me
Watch me shoot

Old 05-01-2006, 07:22 PM   #45
XDTalk Member

Member #: 9391
If I may be so bold...
I added the URL to my prototypes, and it looks too "Busy" again. I'll show you:

These are what I ended up with. They look ok, but still too messy. It stops being a logo and becomes a billboard after a certain amount of "stuff" gets added. If you were, say, making a coffee mug or T-Shirt, it would be better, (If not cheaper, which is of course a factor.) to put the logo on one side, and the URL on the other. Now, I'm just shooting my mouth off about this stuff, and I don't "Own" it, but I've got a bit of experience with commercial design, (I get paid for it.) and keeping this sort of thing as simple as possible, without flat out confounding folks, is actually the best way.

For instance, I have a college style shirt that says "Miskatonic University" on it. Nine out of ten people never notice the thing, but the people who do notice don't just give me a funny look, they walk right up and ask me: "Where the hell is Miskatonic?!?" And then I tell them about the obscure horror novelist and they walk away amused. It gets more attention than a busy busy giant logo with twenty different sayings on it. It really is best to keep it simple. Now, having said that, I put my little prototypes out there fully intending never to worry about them again. They're free for the taking. Chop them up, use them any way you want. It's totally cool, and I won't complain a peep. but if people like what I'm doing and want more examples, I'll only go so far in adding bits of stuff around the edges. I won't comprimise my work for acceptance.

I'd say, as a personal opinion, that the images attached to this post are almost too busy looking, but passable. I wouldn't want to add anything more to them that what they have. But that doesn't mean I'm unwilling to do the work to try it out, just to prove I'm right. (See the flag versions above.)

Anyway, I hope you guys don't take any of this the wrong way, and like my work.
Old 05-01-2006, 08:59 PM   #46
tec
XDTalk 5K Member

I do like what you are doing with the logo, may I add a suggestion to bounce off of ya?

I agree taht the "www.blahblah" is too much. Is it possible to add the "www." right above the "xdtalk.com" which would replace the "hs2000"?.

Or, even doing away with the "hs2000" and replacing it with the "xdtalk.com"?

Just so your clear, I think yours are the best logo's so far, just trying to whittle down on the verbage.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:42 PM   #47
XDTalk Member

Member #: 9391
Tec Sez: A bunch of good ideas.
Me sez: Take a look. I think you're on to something.

Old 05-01-2006, 09:47 PM   #48
tec
XDTalk 5K Member

BINGO BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

those look awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sad to say, we now might need something to "say" what it is.

maybe just a simple

"9mm, 357, 40, 45gap. 45acp"

or

xdshooting team
xdshooting club
but i don't know exactly what.

those do look good, nice job
Old 05-01-2006, 10:34 PM   #49
Cat Herder

Member #: 4
I'm a bit of a traditionalist (meaning the HS2000 part), but I could live with this. Nice clean design...It has my vote..!

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - John Quincy Adams

"The giving to others in need is my right and indeed, my privilage. It is NOT however, my obligation." - Frenchy~2011

Old 05-01-2006, 10:53 PM   #50
XDTalk Member

Member #: 7030
I think the logos look good. There's only one thing that I noticed and it may just be me, but when I look at the avatar in Frenchy's post, the diagonal "talk" is almost hard to read. For some reason my eys want to focus on the thick parts of the word making it look like "tvk". Purhaps a resize on the font or a change of color.

Again, it may just be me and it only messes with me in the smaller form.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Information » SA-XD/XD(M) FAQ & Stickies

Search tags for this page
1911 handgun image silhouette decal

blue marlin outline

hs 2000 logo

hs2000 pistol logos

hs2000 pistol silencer

hs2000 springfield

logo pistol

pistol logo

t shirts logo ideas
xd 9mm logo
xd 9mm shirts
xd 9mm stickers

xd gun silhouette

xd logo

xd45 x300

Click on a term to search for related topics.