• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Official HS2000/XDtalk forum logo - ideas needed!!

This is a discussion on Official HS2000/XDtalk forum logo - ideas needed!! within the SA-XD/XD(M) FAQ & Stickies forums, part of the Information category; Wow. It's almost like I'm not even working on this anymore. Sorry I haven't been posting on this thread yet, but I was busy this ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Information » SA-XD/XD(M) FAQ & Stickies » Official HS2000/XDtalk forum logo - ideas needed!!

Closed Thread
Old 05-01-2006, 08:20 AM   #31
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 6413
Wow. It's almost like I'm not even working on this anymore.

Sorry I haven't been posting on this thread yet, but I was busy this weekend w/ my kids. But I have been working on a design for the logo. I'll try to finish it today sometime and get it on here for you to see and critique.

I agree that both flags makes the overall look too "busy." It was a good idea. I still believe that both flags should be on the logo somewhere, and somehow. Especially since these great firearms are made in Croatia.

One question I had is how big should the logo be? Small like the current logo? Bigger? I think the design should be something that will look good (and be readable) both larger and small. Since Kermee will want to use the logo in various ways, the logo should be versatile at any scale.

Another question: what orientation should it be? Portrait or landscape? Or square? The shape will probably be determined by the proportions of the pieces in the logo.

Last question: how many different colors should the logo have? Obviously if we use the flags, that will increase the number dramatically, compared to a more simplified logo. Keep in mind: the more colors we use, the more expensive it will most likely be when it comes time to print the logos on stickers, T-Shirts, etc.

I believe that in addition to the name of the forum, and maybe the flag(s), we need a little one- or two-liner to help indicate WHAT this forum is about. Granted, the "HS2000/XD talk forum" is pretty much self-explanatory (to us), but I believe we need a little more to make the logo stand by itself for everyone. Just my 2. I have 2 ideas for this text, and I'll post them when I post my first design.

hexus, I thank you for taking the time to make these ideas for all to see. It actually saves me from doing it myself. Good work so far.

Thanks everyone for the ideas! Keep them coming.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

Daily carry = XD-9 service in a Blackhawk CQC SERPA holster, a Spyderco Native, and a Streamlight Scorpion.

"You have to be prepared to do the violence in order to survive the violence." [CQC Instructor]

A person has the right to keep and bear arms for the defense of self, family, home and State, and for hunting and recreational use. [Delaware Constitution, Article I, 20 Right to keep and bear arms]
Remove Ads
Old 05-01-2006, 08:30 AM   #32
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 7594
Quote:
Originally Posted by tec
The flags, no offense, make the picture too "busy" in my opinion.

Looks good.

Nice job.
I agree with the flages making it look too busy. Not to mention that it would cost a bunch to print with all the different colors in it.
Old 05-01-2006, 08:32 AM   #33
Official Site Vendor

Member #: 2714
The fewer the colors the better. We should also limit the amount of drop shadows and dimensional angles, as they may be tough/costly to reproduce on t-shirts. I was told, the flatter the logo, the better it is for all media-types.

I will use this final logo on the 10,000 member commemorative t-shirt, once the final version has been selected.

Nice work, guys.

OS
Old 05-01-2006, 08:39 AM   #34
XDTalk Member

Member #: 9391
Frenchy: Feel free to use what I've done as an avatar.

Edit: Here's a no frills version, with no shading.

Old 05-01-2006, 09:01 AM   #35
tec
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 3850
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_in_delaware
I agree that both flags makes the overall look too "busy." It was a good idea. I still believe that both flags should be on the logo somewhere, and somehow. Especially since these great firearms are made in Croatia.

Last question: how many different colors should the logo have? Obviously if we use the flags, that will increase the number dramatically, compared to a more simplified logo. Keep in mind: the more colors we use, the more expensive it will most likely be when it comes time to print the logos on stickers, T-Shirts, etc.

I believe that in addition to the name of the forum, and maybe the flag(s), we need a little one- or two-liner to help indicate WHAT this forum is about. Granted, the "HS2000/XD talk forum" is pretty much self-explanatory (to us), but I believe we need a little more to make the logo stand by itself for everyone. Just my 2. I have 2 ideas for this text, and I'll post them when I post my first design.

hexus, I thank you for taking the time to make these ideas for all to see. It actually saves me from doing it myself. Good work so far.

Thanks everyone for the ideas! Keep them coming.

I think if you look at what you wrote, you will see you answered your own thoughts regarding the flags. Multi color's for the flag will cost more. A very short amount of words is needed for description.

How about just adding the words:
Croatia and U.S.A. offical XD talk forum & shooting team
Official member: on XD talk forum & shooting member of Team XD
Preferred weapon of Croatia and U.S.A.
Xtreme Duty weapon made in Croatia, shot in the U.S.A.
Xtreme Duty weapon made in Croatia, used world wide
Xtreme Duty weapon made in Croatia, loved in the U.S.A.
XD talk forum & shooting team,
---
Croatia HS2000 - U.S.A. XD
XDTALK FORUM / XDSHOOTERTEAM
---
Something along these lines.

Then you will not have the multi-color ink charge that you would have with the colors in the flags, yet still convey the message of Croatia, U.S.A., XD Talk Forum.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:55 AM   #36
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 4946
I have no photo chop skill
Could we take silhouettes like Old school stickers and add them to the legs of the X.
Also I think we should have the .com address to invite new people here
Watch me shoot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
Old 05-01-2006, 09:59 AM   #37
tec
XDTalk 5K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R/T Performance
Also I think we should have the .com address to invite new people here
good point.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:06 AM   #38
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 6413
Good point to have the website addy on the logo.

What IS the official website address anyway? I see now it says:

www.hs2000talk.com

but in my bookmark or address bar shortcuts it's listed as:

www.xdtalk.com

Both work.... wait.... The xdtalk gets redirected to hs2000talk, so I guess that would be the official address. I answered my own post...

Daily carry = XD-9 service in a Blackhawk CQC SERPA holster, a Spyderco Native, and a Streamlight Scorpion.

"You have to be prepared to do the violence in order to survive the violence." [CQC Instructor]

A person has the right to keep and bear arms for the defense of self, family, home and State, and for hunting and recreational use. [Delaware Constitution, Article I, 20 Right to keep and bear arms]
Old 05-01-2006, 11:28 AM   #39
tec
XDTalk 5K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_in_delaware
Good point to have the website addy on the logo.

What IS the official website address anyway? I see now it says:

www.hs2000talk.com

but in my bookmark or address bar shortcuts it's listed as:

www.xdtalk.com

Both work.... wait.... The xdtalk gets redirected to hs2000talk, so I guess that would be the official address. I answered my own post...
Are you talking to anybody in partic'? or just talking to hear yourself?? :P
just messin with ya
Old 05-01-2006, 11:37 AM   #40
Old Timer

Member #: 7030
As far as the web address goes, I think that XDTALK.COM should be displayed. If you're a newbie (as I am/was) to the XD line, you're not going to know what a HS2000 is. Therefore, you see a tee shirt promoting XDs and then there's a web address for HS2000TALK.COM you probably won't get it.

Just my .02
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Information » SA-XD/XD(M) FAQ & Stickies

Search tags for this page
1911 handgun image silhouette decal

blue marlin outline

hs 2000 logo

hs2000 pistol logos

hs2000 springfield

logo pistol

pistol logo

t shirts logo ideas
xd 9mm logo

xd gun silhouette

xd logo

xd45 x300

Click on a term to search for related topics.