• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Official HS2000/XDtalk forum logo - ideas needed!!

This is a discussion on Official HS2000/XDtalk forum logo - ideas needed!! within the SA-XD/XD(M) FAQ & Stickies forums, part of the Information category; I put my money where my mouth is, and gave it my best shot at integrating the flags without making it look like a monstrosity... ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Information » SA-XD/XD(M) FAQ & Stickies » Official HS2000/XDtalk forum logo - ideas needed!!

Closed Thread
Old 04-30-2006, 10:05 PM   #21
XDTalk Member

Member #: 9391
I put my money where my mouth is, and gave it my best shot at integrating the flags without making it look like a monstrosity... But damn, it's still kinda ugly. Maybe you'll like.

Old 04-30-2006, 10:19 PM   #22
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 4352
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexus
I put my money where my mouth is, and gave it my best shot at integrating the flags without making it look like a monstrosity... But damn, it's still kinda ugly. Maybe you'll like.

Close to what I had in mind. Can you put the Croatian flag only in the HS2000 and the US flag only in the XD and still maintain the 3D effect? Just and idea. Not trying to be pushy.
"For those of us who exercised our privilege to serve our country, I can honestly say we did it proudly and shared a common bond of patriotism that those who were unwilling to answer our country's call will never understand or appreciate." - Dennis Foell
Old 04-30-2006, 10:24 PM   #23
XDTalk Member

Quote:
Close to what I had in mind. Can you put the Croatian flag only in the HS2000 and the US flag only in the XD and still maintain the 3D effect? Just and idea. Not trying to be pushy.
Yes, but the issue becomes not being able to see any of the Croatian flag. And because "XD" and "HS2000" have such drastically different proportions, you can't make them the same size. Imagine a giant U.S. flag in the XD with a tiny, almost invisible Croatian flag in the HS2000, and you'll get what I mean. As for pushy, hey, I'm just doing this for fun, and you want a particular look. I'm happy to make changes all day long. So don't worry about pushy. You should see how pushy people get when they're PAYING me to do this sort of thing. So it's totally cool. Criticize away, and it will only get better. I only ask that you trust me about the "Business" of it. Sometimes it ends up better just getting the point across than trying to detail a specific message, is all.

Just for the sake of argument:
Old 04-30-2006, 10:32 PM   #24
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 4352
That's cool. Actually I kinda like the "Mall Ninja" version. Portrays a sense of strength and/or durability.
"For those of us who exercised our privilege to serve our country, I can honestly say we did it proudly and shared a common bond of patriotism that those who were unwilling to answer our country's call will never understand or appreciate." - Dennis Foell
Old 04-30-2006, 10:33 PM   #25
XDTalk Member

Check my edit to the last post. ^^^

And for the Mall Ninja one, I almost put rust around the edges to make it look cooler, but then I realized that some of our "Friends" over at Glock Talk would have had a field day with rust/finish jokes.
Old 04-30-2006, 11:57 PM   #26
Cat Herder

Member #: 4
I feel the flag motif is a little busy. I much prefer the mono-tone look of your original, hexus. In fact...I would like that as an avatar.

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - John Quincy Adams

"The giving to others in need is my right and indeed, my privilage. It is NOT however, my obligation." - Frenchy~2011

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
Old 05-01-2006, 07:12 AM   #27
tec
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 3850

This is a professional looking logo. Clean lines. Uncluttered. The flags, no offense, make the picture too "busy" in my opinion.

Looks good.

Nice job.
Old 05-01-2006, 07:26 AM   #28
XDTalk Member

(I agree with you guys.)
Old 05-01-2006, 07:40 AM   #29
tec
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 3850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy
I feel the flag motif is a little busy. I much prefer the mono-tone look of your original, hexus. In fact...I would like that as an avatar.
What, and do away with your "Mr. Clean" / "I will hurt you" image?
Old 05-01-2006, 07:58 AM   #30
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 4946
Somewhere we need a silhouette of the pistol
Watch me shoot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Information » SA-XD/XD(M) FAQ & Stickies

Search tags for this page
1911 handgun image silhouette decal

blue marlin outline

hs 2000 logo

hs2000 pistol logos

hs2000 pistol silencer

hs2000 springfield

logo pistol

pistol logo

t shirts logo ideas
xd 9mm logo
xd 9mm shirts
xd 9mm stickers

xd gun silhouette

xd logo

xd45 x300

Click on a term to search for related topics.