• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

a tale that has to be told...(everyone please read)

This is a discussion on a tale that has to be told...(everyone please read) within the SA-XD/XD(M) FAQ & Stickies forums, part of the Information category; I made my Kids, Wife read it. I fowarded to my customers, family and friends; I don't ask for much in my house. I have ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Information » SA-XD/XD(M) FAQ & Stickies » a tale that has to be told...(everyone please read)

Old 06-14-2006, 10:00 PM   #41
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 10515
I made my Kids, Wife read it. I fowarded to my customers, family and friends; I don't ask for much in my house. I have 3 daughters (teens), a wife who's an Attorney, a female dog, and I live in a peach house.

I never demand anything! But Today, I made everyone Read this. Nobody ate, bought, made phone calls or even whisper a note, until the read this.
Nerves is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 06-18-2006, 12:42 PM   #42
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 11139
I too felt the article was well written.Let's not forget the young men who make it home.A little bit of them dies as well.Let's pray for all of them the ones that make it and the ones that don't.I stayed awake many nights worried about my little brother in the marine corps.And now I see him every day.His pain hidden by his strong silent phasad.I wish I had my childhood brother back!
Old 06-23-2006, 07:24 AM   #43
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 11226
God Bless the Marines

If you're a glutton for punishment, http://www.usmc.mil/marinelink/mcn2000.nsf/takingchance will have the same effect on you. It took me about 3 kleenexes to get through it.
Old 11-05-2006, 01:44 AM   #44
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 13270
Christ. I had tears welling up the whole time I read that.

My dearest friend since childhood was KIA (Us Army). We had a running joke about whether the Army or Marines were better (he was Army, I joined the Marines but got a forcible medical discharge because I lied at meps knowing I had two fractured vertabre) The funeral was absolutely devastating. I cried, his recruiter cried, his fiance cried, his family cried. It was truly a day of sadness.

For this man (Maj Beck) to handle this situation regularly.. That's a difficult job. An honor, yes. But a difficult job.
Jon Smykal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 07:34 PM   #45
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 9514
About a year ago I met the Army counterpart to Maj. Beck when he came to tell our good friends that their 19yo. son had been killed in Iraq. I will never forget the look on his face while looking into the eyes of Christophers mother. You see....she was totally against her son enlisting in the Army. But he felt the call to serve this great country and gave his life doing so. The roadside bomb that took his life was disguised as a childs toy.

It is incredibly hard for me to sit here and write this with these tears pouring from my eyes, but I have to because my 21yo. son will be heading there in another year. He is attending college in San Antonio on a ROTC Scholarship and has to give 4 years to the Army in return for the education. He would have been there already had the scholarship not come through since he enlisted in the delayed entry program while still a Junior in High School. He attended basic training that summer and applied for the scholarship the following fall. Like his dad, he will proudly serve his country, but unlike dad he will probably make a carreer of the Army like his retired Uncle.

I pray that our Lord & Savior, first, ends this conflict as soon as possible, and secondly, heals the hearts of relatives & friends of those loosing their lives in these conflicts. I also pray that he prepares a place in heaven for the casualties of these conflicts.

tex
Old 12-28-2006, 09:34 PM   #46
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 12902
No words

"Foreign influence is truly the Grecian horse to a republic. We cannot be too careful to exclude its influence."-- Alexander Hamilton
Gun control means never having to say I missed you-thoseshirts.com
Dakotaranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 09:52 AM   #47
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 19670
This story was read through eyes blurred with tears. Tears of sorrow for every fallen soldier's family.
Although I never realized the military process I did know that it started with a military vehicle pulling up to the door. My youngest son is in his 14th year, he has served two short tours in Korea, he is now in his third deployment to "the sandbox." The following picture was taken on the evening of his deployment as we celebrated his 35th birthday. His wife and young son beside him, his civilian "BDUs" and full beard give a hint as to his counter intelligence misson. His son, four months old at the time, doesn't remember him. The boy can now crawl, say a few words, including da da. Frank is missing those accomplishments, although they are recorded on digital medium and mailed to him.
The knowledge that every soldier's family goes through this at every deployment is what makes us proud of the brave men and women who serve, and the families that are left behind. May God Bless them all.

also proud supporter of
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
whompuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 06:36 AM   #48
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 20215
Excellent article. I am only about halfway through and have cried several times already lol
It really brings home the things that these brave young men and women face every day, and i include the families of the soldiers in this statement as brave men and women.

Last edited by LKB3rd; 08-17-2007 at 06:38 AM.
LKB3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 06:52 AM   #49
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 13107
YOUR HONOR STUDENT IS MERELY A PAWN IN MY PIT BULL'S WORLD DOMINATION PLOT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
SpringfieldXD.40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 02:28 PM   #50
XDTalk Member

Member #: 11723
I regret very few things in my life. One thing that I do regret is that I did not serve my country. I went to college to get a teaching degree. I have taught for going on 13 years now. If I had it to do over again I would have choosen to serve before college.

At 35 years old, my heros wear camoflage.

Pray for our enlisted men and women as offten as you think of them.

Chris Saulnier

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Information » SA-XD/XD(M) FAQ & Stickies

Search tags for this page
child saluting flag
do veterans salute at a military funeral
inshore boat unit

is a tale told or read

salute flage
verterans day
Click on a term to search for related topics.