• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Light/Laser combo

This is a discussion on Light/Laser combo within the SA-XD/XD(M) Accessories forums, part of the XD Talk category; Really appreciate the link on the batteries. A buck saved on batteries is a buck more for toys....

Old 12-19-2008, 08:18 PM   #11
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 31320
Really appreciate the link on the batteries. A buck saved on batteries is a buck more for toys.
J4Cub is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 12-21-2008, 06:56 PM   #12
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 30066
Did you order this laser?? If so, how do you like it?? Will it fit on the xd40 sub-compact?? I like the way it looks. Thanks for a reply.
craig801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 03:56 PM   #13
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 27294
I decided against it. If you look at the ad and read the fine print it says the lifetime warranty is not included. I had other people tell me they bought form CAA just to find out they had to use a dremel to get parts to fit right on their rails.

$89 ain't a lot of money but it is more than I would want to just throw away. There must be some reason why the brand name light/laser combos are over three times as much. If it sounds too good to be true it probably is (especially after hearing about the other stuff they make).
Old 12-22-2008, 05:17 PM   #14
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 29956
This looks just like the E.T.G. XP-6 that I bought for $59.95 at a gun show.It fit fine on the picatinny spec rail I made for the 10-22 I use for porcupines and skunks.I put it on my XCR for night time 'yotes too, and it works OK as long as they are inside 200 yds.The flashlight will light up their eyes at 250 yds, but to see enough of them to be sure of my target they need to be closer.It is a little more compact than some of the others I have seen too, and a bunch cheaper.The batteries(2-CR-123) have lasted really well (I haven't had to replace them yet and have run the light for about 2 hrs.)If you can get one for $60 or so, you might give it a try.
Old 12-23-2008, 03:38 PM   #15
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 14536
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnewb View Post
Check out this link for buying batteries. They have CR123 batteries for $1.50 each, or $2.50 for brand name. I buy the $1.50 battery station ones all the time though and they work as well as name brand.

CR123A Batteries CR123 Batteries CR123A Battery CR123 Battery

Like to see the "data" before I would stake my life on a no name brand.

"Arms in the hands of individual citizens may be used at individual discretion...in private self-defense" - John Adams

"A gentleman seldom needs a pistol but when he needs one he needs it very badly" - Winston Churchill

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -Thomas Jefferson
Maximum1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » SA-XD/XD(M) Accessories

Search tags for this page
e t g xp6 combo laser

etg laser

etg laser light combo
etg xp 6

etg xp-6

etg xp-6e review

etg xp-6ex

etg xp6

etg xp6-e

etg xp6-e light & laser sight

xp6 laser and light
xp6 laser light
Click on a term to search for related topics.