• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Aftermarket Magazines

This is a discussion on Aftermarket Magazines within the SA-XD/XD(M) Accessories forums, part of the XD Talk category; I will purchasing XD-9 in a few weeks and will need to purchase extra mags and was wondering how are the aftermarket mags like National ...

Old 06-22-2008, 10:24 PM   #1
XDTalk Member

Member #: 24891
Question Aftermarket Magazines

I will purchasing XD-9 in a few weeks and will need to purchase extra mags and was wondering how are the aftermarket mags like National and Pro Mag compare to Springfield stock mags?
kmaultsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 06-23-2008, 12:03 AM   #2
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 15115
Just get the stock SA mags. You can get them from various companies (I.E. PISTOLGEAR | YOUR ONE-STOP SHOP FOR ALL THINGS PISTOL ) . Just get'em and be done with it the SA mags are the best to have the others are junk compared to them.

USPSA-A59201
jeepinbanditrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 12:37 AM   #3
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 14903
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmaultsby View Post
I will purchasing XD-9 in a few weeks and will need to purchase extra mags and was wondering how are the aftermarket mags like National and Pro Mag compare to Springfield stock mags?
I am not sure if they make XD mags but the only after market magazine company worth a darn is meggar. Pro mag sucks USA sucks. Stick with OEM factory mags.
Pat
NRA Endowment Member
USPSA A 56876 B class
Alaskapopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 03:55 AM   #4
XDTalk Member

Member #: 24891
Thanks for the feed back
kmaultsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 10:40 AM   #5
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 2309
The factory XD magazine of one of the best magazine made for the money. They are far superior to anything from Promag or National and I think that is the primary reason there are not many others who try to compete with SA.
Sig P220, [COLOR=red]Taurus PT1911,Browning HiPowr 9mm,, CZ75, CZ75 P01, Walther PPS 9mm, Savage 9317 BTVS .22, Browning Buckmark, Taurus Gaucho 357 (pair), Taurus Gaucho 45LC (pair), Uberti 1873 Saddle Rifle 357, Uberti 1873 45 LC Carbine, TTN 12 Gauge Double, Ruger Bisley Vaquero 357 (pair), Springfield XD9SC, XD45 Service, XD45 Compact Tactical, XD(M) 40S&W BiTone, Taurus 617 357, Remington 870 12 TacticalXDS 9 Bitone,SIG 226 9 EQINOX, SIG 228 9MM,SIG 1911 22,S&W MP 15,S&W 15-22
rgeliske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 08:38 PM   #6
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 14536
I'm NOT A fan of aftermarket mags: many are unreliable and frankly I would not entrust my life to them.... Besides, Springfield mags are NOT expensive they are available from many sites like:

MidwayUSA.com

Springfield XD Sub Compact 9mm 16rd Mag w/Sleeve New Factory

"Arms in the hands of individual citizens may be used at individual discretion...in private self-defense" - John Adams

"A gentleman seldom needs a pistol but when he needs one he needs it very badly" - Winston Churchill

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -Thomas Jefferson
Maximum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 08:46 PM   #7
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 26372
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinbanditrider View Post
Just get the stock SA mags. You can get them from various companies (I.E. PISTOLGEAR | YOUR ONE-STOP SHOP FOR ALL THINGS PISTOL ) . Just get'em and be done with it the SA mags are the best to have the others are junk compared to them.
Cosign. I bought the XD kit that contains three mags (1 extended, 2 standard) from gilbertsguns.com. It also came with the double mag pouch, all for $44.95. Well worth it in my opinion.
Colt 1991A1 .45
末末末末末末末末末末末末末---------------
xdjayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 07:39 AM   #8
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 26454
Don't get aftermarket magazines. While they WILL save you a few bucks, is your life of safety worth those few dollar savings? Stick with genuine SA mags which are available from many websites.

edm24
edm24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 10:45 AM   #9
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 26427
Only time I ever use a aftermarket mag is in a 1911 and they cost more than the factory mags...I get wilson or novak mags in my 1911's.
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.
Bobby Schulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 09:04 AM   #10
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 15115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Schulz View Post
Only time I ever use a aftermarket mag is in a 1911 and they cost more than the factory mags...I get wilson or novak mags in my 1911's.
This has been my only exception also. Wilson Combat mags have been the only one to get my wife's 1911 clone to work properly.

USPSA-A59201
jeepinbanditrider is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » SA-XD/XD(M) Accessories

Search tags for this page
aftermarket handgun magazines

aftermarket magazines

aftermarket magazines for the springfield xd
aftermarket magazines for xds

aftermarket pistol magazines

aftermarket springfield xd magazines

aftermarket springfield xds magazines
aftermarket xd 45 mags

aftermarket xd magazines

best aftermarket gun magazines

best aftermarket handgun magazines

best aftermarket magazines

best aftermarket pistol magazines

springfield xd magazine
springfield xd magazines
xd aftermarket magazines
Click on a term to search for related topics.