• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Is there a CHEAP laser sight?

This is a discussion on Is there a CHEAP laser sight? within the SA-XD/XD(M) Accessories forums, part of the XD Talk category; I'm guessing theres not, considering the cheapest I've seen was like $150... Are there any budget laser sights out there that would easily slide into ...

Old 03-04-2008, 07:22 AM   #1
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 23933
Is there a CHEAP laser sight?

I'm guessing theres not, considering the cheapest I've seen was like $150... Are there any budget laser sights out there that would easily slide into the XD's rail?
FleeToTheCleve is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-04-2008, 07:58 AM   #2
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 21370
My neighbor picked one up for $90 for his XD9 service. Not sure brand name, but it works well.

I'll ask him the brand name and post it. One of our local gun shops handles them. They go out as fast as they come in! Imagine that!
NRA Life Member
digitalexplr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 08:00 AM   #3
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 21453
There are very cheap ones on ebay, just depends on how cheap you want.

XD-45 compact
XD-40 sub-compact
XD-9 sub-compact (SOLD for BRD)

I hereby certify that the person described hereon has been granted the privilege of carrying a concealed weapon in compliance with Arizona revised statute 13-3112.
XDONBOARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 08:09 AM   #4
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 23787
I would be interested to know the response to his question. What are the pros and cons to laser sights???
profesor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 08:12 AM   #5
mcb
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 5280
Cheap is rarely worth it but if you set on getting a cheap rail mounted laser look to Air Soft accessories. There has got to be some cheap Air Soft knock offs of a laser sight. It will probably even work for the first few magazines.

Good luck
mcb
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
mcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 08:16 AM   #6
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 22703
Below is a link to a laser on Ebay that I've been thinking about getting, not to use so much for targeting but to see if I'm jerking the trigger or flinching. This is about as cheap as I've seen and probably worth it!

PISTOL XD LASER SIGHT FOR SPRINGFIELD ARMORY 45 40 9MM - eBay (item 290154514054 end time Mar-22-08 15:43:24 PDT)
"There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws."
XDConvert9mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 10:39 AM   #7
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 23933
YEA! I was just about to post a link to that one and see what everyone thought... You don't think this would accurately judge your shot placement? why wouldn't it?
FleeToTheCleve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 10:54 AM   #8
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 22703
Quote:
Originally Posted by FleeToTheCleve View Post
YEA! I was just about to post a link to that one and see what everyone thought... You don't think this would accurately judge your shot placement? why wouldn't it?
Probably the you get what you pay for mind set, for me anyway. I have to believe that something this inexpensive will not be that durable or accurate. If I was serious about a laser I would pay up and get a Crimson Trace grip or Lasermax guide rod type.
"There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws."
XDConvert9mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 11:14 PM   #9
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 20533
I bought my XD used and it happened to have the same laser do-dad on it as is pictured in that ebay ad. Being as I was curious, I played around with it. You are supposed to adjust the point of aim of the laser by turning some set screws in and out. No amount of tinkering got it anywhere close to what I would consider useful.

I've gone with my standard aiming method: use the front sights. Too dark to see them? That's what illumination is for, IMHO.
selectedmarksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 07:30 AM   #10
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 7483
My brother had a laser like that which I played around with. Just like the last post - you can never actually get it right - and even if you do the first shot knocks it out of alignment. If you are gonna get a laser get a real one not a toy otherwise spend the $30 on so more ammo to practice or on a flashlight. I vote not worth it at all.
Mossberg 500
Yugo SKS
CCW

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
- My website:
Parrishco is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » SA-XD/XD(M) Accessories

Search tags for this page

best cheap laser sight

bestinexpensive laser gun sights
buy cheap or used laser sights
cheap but good laser sight
cheap springfield xd lasersight
i need a good cheap laser sight
laser sight

laser sight for xd 40

laser sight for xd9

laser sights for xd 40

laser sights xd 40
springfield armory xd 40 laser sight
springfield xd 9 laser grip

springfield xd 9mm laser sight

xd 40 laser sight
xd 9mm laser sight
Click on a term to search for related topics.