• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Fully Adjustable Night sights for the XD-45 Tactical

This is a discussion on Fully Adjustable Night sights for the XD-45 Tactical within the SA-XD/XD(M) Accessories forums, part of the XD Talk category; Guys, Does anyone make fully adjustable (i.e., click adjustable elevation and windage) sights for the XD? I would prefer sights with tritum inserts. I have ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » SA-XD/XD(M) Accessories » Fully Adjustable Night sights for the XD-45 Tactical

Old 01-20-2008, 12:27 AM   #1
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 22731
Fully Adjustable Night sights for the XD-45 Tactical

Guys,

Does anyone make fully adjustable (i.e., click adjustable elevation and windage) sights for the XD? I would prefer sights with tritum inserts. I have Meprolight adjustables on my Glock and love them!

I got a new XD that shoots point of aim (benchrested it). I hate that. I want it to hit the target with a 6 o'clock sight picture.
Nemesis Lead is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-20-2008, 01:09 AM   #2
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 12109
Dawson.

Check out some of the forum sponsors

The XD is designed to shoot 6-o'clock.

YMMV
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps."
Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
Ajcrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 06:33 AM   #3
XDTalk Member

Member #: 22739
Quote:
The XD is designed to shoot 6-o'clock.
That's the only thing I don't like about XDs. Luckily my XD45 shoots point of aim. I'm wanting to get a set of tritium, fully adjustable sights for my XD45 and my fiance's soon to come XD40. I prefer and teach point of aim (put the sights where you want the round to go).
I'm hoping sure sight comes out with a set this spring.
Herdsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:26 AM   #4
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 21280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herdsman View Post
That's the only thing I don't like about XDs.
+1
M1 Garand
Remington 870 Super Magnum
Marlin 980s
Ruger 10/22
Mosin Nagant 91/30
blaze870 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 11:11 AM   #5
XDTalk Newbie

Guys,

Are you sure that the Dawson's and click adjustable and not drift adjustable for windage?

I have some Dawson Fiber Optics sights on a different pistol. They are drift adjustable.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:15 AM   #6
XDTalk Newbie

Nevermind--I just found out they are click adjustable! Yay!
Old 01-20-2008, 11:15 AM   #7
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 15400
I've thought about putting adjustable sights on my XDs, they're the first handguns I've ever had without them. However since they all shoot deadon at all distances and with all ammo I've used I can't convince myself I need them. The only differences I've seen has been a slight variation in elevation depending on the weight bullet I'm shooting at the time. Even then it is not enough to make any difference at distances of 25 yards or less.

Adjustable sights are good if you are shooting Bull's-eye competition, experimenting with various loads of ammo for hunting purposes or shooting handgun silhouette but for other than those I'm not convinced they are a necessity. JMHO
Archer1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 11:21 AM   #8
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 12109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis Lead View Post
Guys,

Are you sure that the Dawson's and click adjustable and not drift adjustable for windage?

I have some Dawson Fiber Optics sights on a different pistol. They are drift adjustable.
Check to be certain with Scott at: http://www.springerprecision.com/
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps."
Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
Ajcrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 04:16 PM   #9
XDTalk Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer1945 View Post
I've thought about putting adjustable sights on my XDs, they're the first handguns I've ever had without them. However since they all shoot deadon at all distances and with all ammo I've used I can't convince myself I need them. The only differences I've seen has been a slight variation in elevation depending on the weight bullet I'm shooting at the time. Even then it is not enough to make any difference at distances of 25 yards or less.

Adjustable sights are good if you are shooting Bull's-eye competition, experimenting with various loads of ammo for hunting purposes or shooting handgun silhouette but for other than those I'm not convinced they are a necessity. JMHO
If your fixed sights work well.....I would not mess with a good thing. Fixed sights are less likely to suffer a malfunction. In competition I have seen adjustables break apart or lose alignment when the shooter hit them on something!

I am only looking for adjustables because I hate that my gun shoots point of aim (I like to see my target with a 6 oclock picture).
Old 01-21-2008, 10:38 PM   #10
XDTalk Member

Member #: 16720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis Lead View Post
If your fixed sights work well.....I would not mess with a good thing. Fixed sights are less likely to suffer a malfunction. In competition I have seen adjustables break apart or lose alignment when the shooter hit them on something!

I am only looking for adjustables because I hate that my gun shoots point of aim (I like to see my target with a 6 oclock picture).
Why not just get a different height fixed sight to adjust the point of impact. I understand that the dovetail is cut the same as are Sig's. You should be able to find a different front or rear sight to adjust your point of impact.
.45 ACP NUt is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » SA-XD/XD(M) Accessories

Search tags for this page
adjustable night sights for springfield xdm
adjustable night sights xd
adjustable pistol sights for xd
adjustable sights for a xds .45
adjustable sights for springfield xd
best night sights for xd 45
does anyone make an adjustable night sight for springfield armory xdm .45
springfield xd 45 night sights

springfield xd adjustable night sights

xd .45 adjustable pistol sights
xd 45 adjustable sights
xd 45 tactical sights
xd adjustable night sights
xd adjustable sights
xd45 adjustable sights
xds.45 adjustable sights
Click on a term to search for related topics.