• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Custom Grip Template!

This is a discussion on Custom Grip Template! within the SA-XD/XD(M) Accessories forums, part of the XD Talk category; I had an idea for the MacGyvers like myself out there : Someone should take pictures of brand new, unused Talon Grips/PRP Grips on top ...

Old 01-04-2013, 12:34 AM   #1
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 83937
Lightbulb Custom Grip Template!

I had an idea for the MacGyvers like myself out there :

Someone should take pictures of brand new, unused Talon Grips/PRP Grips on top of some graph paper (and list the scale of the paper) so that we can make custom grips with skateboard grip tape or other media.

As if I haven't asked enough already try to take the picture as normal/perpendicular/orthogonal/"directly above" the graph paper as possible for accuracy. Also please include the XD model the grips are intended for.

Disclaimer: I'm really not trying to violate any patented designs here, I think it'd just be a good educational resource for some of us.

+1 if you think it's a good idea! +1000 if you'd like to see it come to fruition!

SA XD-9 Service
SA XDs 45 A.C.P.
rackem is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-05-2013, 11:09 PM   #2
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 68130
Why not just support a great company? It's not like they cost an arm and a leg.

And it's not that hard to make your own grips. Cut out a piece of a paper, and keep removing parts until you make something that works for you.
crimsonfalcon07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:20 PM   #3
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 67584
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post

And it's not that hard to make your own grips. Cut out a piece of a paper, and keep removing parts until you make something that works for you.
this
jwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:40 PM   #4
XDTalk Member

Member #: 84560
-1, there are several inexpensive grip options out there. Got some sand grip tape from PRP for under $20 and it was a super easy install and you can mod them to your liking, they also give you several extra pieces in case you screw up.
larryarizona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:42 PM   #5
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 75787
Quote:
+++1 support those who support you.

NRA Life Member
KentB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:56 PM   #6
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 64900
-1 :sly:

Sent using my Tap-a-talkinator
Nebraska12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:05 PM   #7
XDTalk 15K Member

Member #: 54775
I can appreciate supporting a business, but I also like to do things I can do myself.

I wrapped my grip in duct tape. cut it carefully where I needed to. peeled it off gently. applied the tape to paper then used that pattern to mark and cut out the skate board tape. it took some time to adjust it around and tune it in but its good.
Bonehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:43 PM   #8
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 83937
Thanks for the feedback

Quote:

I'm all in favor of supporting a great company. I've seen the instructions that you've provided, thank you for referring me to those. I'll give it a shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryarizona View Post
-1, there are several inexpensive grip options out there. Got some sand grip tape from PRP for under $20 and it was a super easy install and you can mod them to your liking, they also give you several extra pieces in case you screw up.
I'm aware of the "inexpensive grip options", but that's not why I posted this thread. To drop $20 on something that costs a fraction of that isn't an option for everyone. Plus, if you have the skillset and resources, why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
I can appreciate supporting a business, but I also like to do things I can do myself.

I wrapped my grip in duct tape. cut it carefully where I needed to. peeled it off gently. applied the tape to paper then used that pattern to mark and cut out the skate board tape. it took some time to adjust it around and tune it in but its good.
Thanks for your support. Did you have any issues with residue from the duct tape remaining on the frame? Does the skateboard grip tape stay on pretty well?

SA XD-9 Service
SA XDs 45 A.C.P.
rackem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:30 AM   #9
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 85387
Thanks for the nice post dear...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 1 post(s).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 1 post(s).

lordkevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:47 PM   #10
XDTalk Member

Member #: 84876
When you figure it all out, start a small business selling them online, then I'll just do the same thing to you and see how it makes you feel.

I could understand if you just wanted to make your own to save money and to make it how you like it, but to do it with graph paper and cutouts from a company who already makes them is just dishonest.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » SA-XD/XD(M) Accessories

custom, custom grip, template

Search tags for this page
custom grip tape xds grips
custom gun grip template
custom xd grips
glock grip printable templates
glock printout stencil of grips
grip
grip pattern
grip template xd
talon grip tape template for glocks

talon grip template

talon grips template

talon grips template sa xd9
talon xd template
xd grip tape template
xd9 grip template
xds grip template
Click on a term to search for related topics.