• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Installed my Talon Grips and Pearce Grip Extension

This is a discussion on Installed my Talon Grips and Pearce Grip Extension within the SA-XD/XD(M) Accessories forums, part of the XD Talk category; Originally Posted by athenslb57 Where exactly does that little piece go? Originally Posted by rohicks They came in the mail yesterday. Very happy with the ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » SA-XD/XD(M) Accessories » Installed my Talon Grips and Pearce Grip Extension

Old 12-08-2012, 07:44 PM   #11
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 80010
Quote:
Originally Posted by athenslb57 View Post
Where exactly does that little piece go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohicks View Post
They came in the mail yesterday. Very happy with the purchases especially for how cheap they are. I had my doubts on the Talon grips, but they are actually a really cool product and blend in well with the overall firearm. I bought the rubber texture grips. I've never had a problem gripping with the stock frame, but these definitely add a nice feel and grip to the frame. The Pearce extension is also a very comfortable mod. Looking forward to the range so I can try them out!
What little piece? The pearce extension? The pics show it pretty clearly. Look at the end of the magazine...
Remove Ads
Old 12-09-2012, 10:21 PM   #12
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 68130
Gotta say, I think the grips look a lot better for the compact than for the full size. The full size doesn't cover as much of the grip. Looks good! I do like mine.
crimsonfalcon07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:44 AM   #13
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 81582
I really love mine, I used the cuts that I had trimmed, and put it on my pearce extension where my finger sits.
spooky_pitboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:49 PM   #14
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 82972
How hard was it to install these badboys? I really want some of these grips cause my XD45 service could use some extra grip texture... The site said it reqires trimming for the rubber texture? Did they? If so I'll probably get the granulated texture to avoid messing it up...
Metafox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:09 AM   #15
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 81582
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metafox View Post
How hard was it to install these badboys? I really want some of these grips cause my XD45 service could use some extra grip texture... The site said it reqires trimming for the rubber texture? Did they? If so I'll probably get the granulated texture to avoid messing it up...
It was very easy to trim to fit the rubber texture version on my XDm 3.8 compact. I cut maybe 1/8" off where it wraps around the back of the grip. But I'm pretty sure I only needed to due to the fact that I put the smaller backstrap on. Once you "dry" fit it around the gun before installing it, you'll see where it might neeod minor trimming. I used the small trimmed rectangles and put them on my pearce extension where my finger rests. Figured it can't hurt to have a tiny bit more grip there.
spooky_pitboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:47 AM   #16
XDTalk 500 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metafox View Post
Mine fit perfectly as they were shipped to me; maybe it's different for the compacts. I had the #2 back strap on and it was a perfect fit, as you can see in the pics they don't overlap around the back strap. Although I guess some do overlap. Mine fit up snug next to each. I did have the #3 on and it didn't fit that well around the back area so put the #2 on and it was perfect. Took me all of 5 minutes, and I didn't have to trim anything. Hardest part is just aligning it before you get them stuck on the grip. Clean stock grips with alcohol sheet they send you, apply grips, press firmly around, use a heat source to secure the talon grips even more, and then use rest of alcohol wipe to wipe down the grips.

Talon has a video on their facebook how to install them - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=349768601781019
Old 12-18-2012, 11:04 PM   #17
XDTalk Member

Member #: 83763
Can you remove these if you don't like them?
YellowGT0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:19 PM   #18
XDTalk 500 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowGT0 View Post
Can you remove these if you don't like them?
Talon's website says they are completely removable. I doubt you'll dislike them though.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:35 AM   #19
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 73279
Talon grips rock! Its hard to believe what a difference they make. I got the rubber texture and they grip to your hands. I highly recommend them! They are easy to fit. Just follow the instructions and line them up correctly.
Bamaxd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:39 PM   #20
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 82728
Looks good
minnesotashooter is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » SA-XD/XD(M) Accessories

extension, frame, grip, pearce, talon

Search tags for this page
amazon talon grips nano
bodyguard talon grips amazon
pearce finger extension talon grip

pearce grip xds

springfield xds talon grips

talon grip for xdm 3.8

talon grips

talon grips installation
talon grips springfield xdm
talon grips xdm
xd subcompact 40 talon grip
xdm talon grip
xds .45 with talon grips

xds pearce grip

xds pinky extension
xdtalk does it matter which backstap i use with pearce grip
Click on a term to search for related topics.