• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

I need a paddle holster that's protective but adjustable ride height

This is a discussion on I need a paddle holster that's protective but adjustable ride height within the SA-XD/XD(M) Accessories forums, part of the XD Talk category; I've had an XD 40 Service model for years but I recently got a XD Sub-Compact. I have used a Safari Land leather pancake holster ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » SA-XD/XD(M) Accessories » I need a paddle holster that's protective but adjustable ride height

Old 09-09-2012, 02:06 PM   #1
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 79153
Unhappy I need a paddle holster that's protective but adjustable ride height

I've had an XD 40 Service model for years but I recently got a XD Sub-Compact. I have used a Safari Land leather pancake holster for my service model. However, I want a nice paddle holster for my XD sub-compact that's comfortable, and has ride height adjustment.

Does anyone have a sound suggestion? I have a Blackhawk CQC right now but I would really like something that I can raise and lower. This thing rides too high and makes the top too far away from my love handle.

I'm also mildly concerned about the finish rubbing off from the tight fit on the upper slide.

Thanks for any advice.

James Misplaced
XD 40 4" Service Model
XD 40 3" Sub-Compact
Antique 22 Cal. revolver
jamesmisplaced is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 09-09-2012, 07:02 PM   #2
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 37120
Check the used holster bins at your local pawn shops. You may find an old paddle holster (or sometimes just the paddle itself) that you can graft on to your CQC. The little barrel bolts can often be found at gun shops and I've located them at Lowe's, too.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:08 PM   #3
XDTalk Member

Member #: 78867
I have no experience with this holster but it's a paddle and is certainly adjustable for height. Looks kind of cheap but then again so is the cost.

Looks like your subcompact would require a size 27. If you can't find anything else, you might consider this. It's only $18!

http://www.rangemastertacticalgear.c...e-holster.html
ChrisCusi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:32 PM   #4
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 37120
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCusi View Post
I have no experience with this holster but it's a paddle and is certainly adjustable for height. Looks kind of cheap but then again so is the cost.

Looks like your subcompact would require a size 27. If you can't find anything else, you might consider this. It's only $18!

Uncle Mike's Inside-The-Pocket Holster, Uncle Mike's Holsters, Police Equipment
If you have no experience with it, then don't run it down. Uncle Mikes makes nice Kydex holsters at a low cost. I've used them in the past and will do so again.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:58 PM   #5
XDTalk Member

Member #: 78867
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keltyke View Post
If you have no experience with it, then don't run it down. Uncle Mikes makes nice Kydex holsters at a low cost. I've used them in the past and will do so again.
I regret that you felt I was trying to run it down but I certainly wasn't trying to. I was simply giving an initial thought and even included a disclaimer that I have no hands on experience with it. I even talked it up as being low cost, as you mentioned. Anyway, I'm glad you have had a good experience with this holster. Looks like I picked a good one to suggest. Took awhile to find something that fit his need.
ChrisCusi is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » SA-XD/XD(M) Accessories

compact, height, paddle, xdsc

Search tags for this page
adjustable height holster

adjustable ride holster

best padddle holster

best paddle holster

blackhawk leather paddle holster for 1911

is the xd adjustable paddle holster good for conceal carry
leather paddle holsters for xd9sc
low ride concealed carry paddle holster for a 4 inch 1911
low ride paddle holster
paddle holster for xd40 subcompact
pancake holster for xd 40 cal

s&w m&p compact low ride paddle holster

the any gun protective adjustable holster
the best leather holster for my xd 40 subcompact gun
who makes a low riding pancake holster

whoe makes the best leather paddle holster

Click on a term to search for related topics.