• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

To Trijicon or Not to Trijicon - That's The Question!

This is a discussion on To Trijicon or Not to Trijicon - That's The Question! within the SA-XD/XD(M) Accessories forums, part of the XD Talk category; Just ordered the Trijicons with Orange front from James and shipped out to him this AM. What I found was his pricing was excellent ($125.50) ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » SA-XD/XD(M) Accessories » To Trijicon or Not to Trijicon - That's The Question!

Old 08-23-2012, 02:55 PM   #21
XDTalk Member

Member #: 77169
Just ordered the Trijicons with Orange front from James and shipped out to him this AM. What I found was his pricing was excellent ($125.50) and the Free Install was a bonus! Can't wait for my EDC to return home!

In the Atlanta metro area, I made a lot of calls around trying to find Trijicons for XD. Most places carried them for Glocks and a few others had in-stock for Sig Sauer but virtually nobody carried for Springfield!!

One place who did have Trijicon for XD in-stock quoted me $139 for the sights and an extra $30 for the install!

I really appreciate everyone's reply to my inquiry.
WeaponsRUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 08-23-2012, 02:57 PM   #22
XDTalk Member

Thanks to you Old4Eyes for your thoughtful analysis and perspective. Your words of wisdom were very insightful.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:00 PM   #23
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 61301

My XDm came with a set of Trijicons. As my duty pistol, I am required toqualifiy with it at night and low light conditions. The night I qualed as aFirearms Trainer it was pitch black. The night sights were absolutely a lifesaver. I installed a set of Trijicons on my XD subcompact and when I went toput night sights on my .45, I picked a set of Truglo tritium sights (no fiberrods, just tritium). I bought an MGW sight adjustment tool for the XD/XDm andit is definitely the tool for the job. Whacking them around with a punch andhammer is definitely a NO-NO. You will likely break loose one or more or thetritium rods. If it doesn't pop out right then, it will likely come outsometime in the next hundred rounds or so. The factory sights on the XDs are notoriously tight. A sight adjustment tool allows you to finelyadjust your sights once they are seated. The tool runs around $120 and is a bitpricey for a one-time use. As for the sights, shop around. I got my Truglos onAmazon for less than $80. They claim they are 20% brighter and that I think isbecause the rods are a bit larger than the Trijicons. Both are great. I would recommendeither. I picked the Truglo because they had a “snag-reducing” profile stylefor the XD and the price was right. I don’t mess with lights and lasers. Theyare banned by my State for my industry and we train for low light and no lightoperations. But a set of good nightsights, they are a great asset. They funny thing is, many put them on theirfirearms and may shoot once in a while with them under low light conditions butthey don’t TRAIN with them.
Concealed Carry Instructor
XD 9 SC
XD .45 ACP 4"
XDm 9 4.5" (duty pistol)
Factory Certified XD/XDm Armorer
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 06:59 PM   #24
XDTalk Member

Just received my XD Subcompact.40 slide with my Trijicons (orange glow front)installed by James Nicholas (ajamesp51@sd-hs2000.com). He did an awesome job! Shipped to him last Thursday and received back today (Thursday)...one week turn-around.

I am very impressed with the night sites. I can't wait to try them out on the range tomorrow! Truglos may be brighter but they only come with a 90-day warranty! Trijicons are metal with 12-year warranty!!!
Old 08-31-2012, 07:57 PM   #25
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 76317
Last month I ordered the sight pusher from Danny Fisher, looks like it could move my house.

Last night I ordered the TruGlo TFO. They are a combo of Tritium and also fiber optics. Supposedly great for day light in addition to great for night.

I'll let you know next weekend.
Old 08-31-2012, 08:33 PM   #26
XDTalk Member

Member #: 50122
James is a rare class act. Great craftsmanship and he conducted business very well with me.

The trijicons with the orange dot were a great fit for me. I really prefer them over the stockers by a wide margin.
tacticAl.40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 01:29 PM   #27
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 78813
Im gonna have to check this James guy out. I need some work done on my XD9 and my 92fs
BIGChris454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 04:38 PM   #28
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 41078
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk.easterly View Post
Sights - xd-hs2000

It depends on the model sights you want installed. Compared to my LGS, it's a HUGE savings. Even if I would be without my XDm for a week.
Is it just me, or do they have the yellow front set's part number versus the orange front part number criss-crossed? Here (at the top) is has a picture of the yellow front sight paired with the "Y" part number suffix, but directly below it indicates the "Y" suffix applies to orange set and the "O" suffix to the yellow set (this "O = yellow and Y - orange" is pretty counter-intuitive, that's how it caught my attention). I like the idea of one-point purchase and installation, but would want to be certain of what sights I'd order versus receive.
stainless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:36 PM   #29
XDTalk Member

Order the Trijicons from James

I noticed that as well but SP101O= Orange AND SP101Y = YELLOW. He has them listed wrong on his website!
Old 09-02-2012, 09:10 PM   #30
XDTalk Member

Member #: 54771
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderman2k4 View Post

Both are great. I got the TFOs on my first XD, and trijicons on my next two. When the time comes, ill replace the tfos with trijicons.

Hey Spyderman -
I've been on the fence between the HD's and the TFO's for my XDM .40. I've got Bright & Tough's on other guns, and was thinking to try the TFO's for a change. You've convinced me to stay with what I know and like. Thanks big dawg...
mdr6370 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » SA-XD/XD(M) Accessories

Search tags for this page
ajames sight pusher

danny fisher sight pusher

fisher solutions

fisher solutions sight pusher

fisher solutions sight pusher review
fisher solutions sight pusher reviews

fisher solutions sight tool

mgw sight adjustment tool springfield xd/xdm review
review fisher sight tool
trijicon
xdm sight tool fisher solutions
xdm trijicon mount
Click on a term to search for related topics.