• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

XDM magazines for the 3.8

This is a discussion on XDM magazines for the 3.8 within the SA-XD/XD(M) Accessories forums, part of the XD Talk category; I assumed the magazines from the 9mm 3.8 compact would be the same mag I use in my fill size 4.5 XDM 9mm. I was ...

Old 06-16-2012, 06:54 PM   #1
XDTalk Member

Member #: 37311
XDM magazines for the 3.8

I assumed the magazines from the 9mm 3.8 compact would be the same mag I use in my fill size 4.5 XDM 9mm. I was at Gander Mountain and the associate said he didn't think they interchanged. He was running the paper for some guy so I didn't play with them. I did a search on the site and saw the question posed for XD to the XDM of the same type and caliber. I didn't see a thread on this one, maybe because its so common sense. I know a 13 rd will not fit in a full size, but a the full size 19 rds..
ramitupurs84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 06-16-2012, 07:18 PM   #2
XDTalk Member

Member #: 74437
From springfields site these are the xdm mags for 9mm

XDM5020 - 13 rd flush fit, compact
XDM50191,2,3 - Compact mag with extension,depending on what size you're using
XDM5019 -19 rd

The site does list the first 2 as compact mags. So yeah there's a difference and why the one you tried wasn't working.
mr_wolf_76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 07:31 PM   #3
XDTalk Member

O I never tried it, he was busy and I go in there alot so I didn't want to be that guy. So the 19round mags are different for each the 3.8 and the 4.5?
Old 06-16-2012, 07:33 PM   #4
XDTalk Supporter

Member #: 67471
The XDM 19 round mags are all the same. To use the full size in the compact though, you need the grip extension or it would look funny.

EDIT: Here's the link:

http://www.springfield-armory.com/st...roducts_id=617
Old 06-16-2012, 08:25 PM   #5
XDTalk Member

Member #: 6593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridge View Post
The XDM 19 round mags are all the same. To use the full size in the compact though, you need the grip extension or it would look funny.

EDIT: Here's the link:

9 MM & 40 S&W XD(M)® COMPACT SLEEVE #3 [XDM5003C] - $7.00 : Springfield Armory Store
+1 The full size will fit with the grip extension....
txshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 08:26 PM   #6
Old Timer

Member #: 60337
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramitupurs84 View Post
I assumed the magazines from the 9mm 3.8 compact would be the same mag I use in my fill size 4.5 XDM 9mm. I was at Gander Mountain and the associate said he didn't think they interchanged. He was running the paper for some guy so I didn't play with them. I did a search on the site and saw the question posed for XD to the XDM of the same type and caliber. I didn't see a thread on this one, maybe because its so common sense. I know a 13 rd will not fit in a full size, but a the full size 19 rds..
It is.
OKcherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 10:30 PM   #7
XDTalk Member

Good deal. Makes the choice easy. I'd like to standardize that kind of stuff. I think I am going to get this pistol for EDC.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:57 AM   #8
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 70990
Magazines are a funny thing.

With the SA XD/XDm pistols the magazines for the 9mm and .40 S&W pistols are different. The higher capacity magazines will work in the compacts but the shorter magazines won't work in the full sized guns.

I've got a 5.25 9mm XDm and it uses the 19 round magazines. Since I don't want two different 9mm magazines in the bags/drawers I'll be buying an XDm compact in 9mm rather than an XD. I don't care if it looks funny with the 19 round magazines. If I've gone through 13/14 rounds and need more now the gun looks will be the least of my worries. Then again, I need the 19 rounders to still work in the 5.25 so I can't put the sleeves on them anyway.

I'm not complaining. I'm struggling now not to go buy an XDm 3.8 but wait for the gun show in three weeks to see what the selection/prices will be. I may not be able to hold off though. I'm wanting one pretty bad.
M1A4ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:12 AM   #9
XDTalk Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1A4ME
Magazines are a funny thing.

With the SA XD/XDm pistols the magazines for the 9mm and .40 S&W pistols are different. The higher capacity magazines will work in the compacts but the shorter magazines won't work in the full sized guns.

I've got a 5.25 9mm XDm and it uses the 19 round magazines. Since I don't want two different 9mm magazines in the bags/drawers I'll be buying an XDm compact in 9mm rather than an XD. I don't care if it looks funny with the 19 round magazines. If I've gone through 13/14 rounds and need more now the gun looks will be the least of my worries. Then again, I need the 19 rounders to still work in the 5.25 so I can't put the sleeves on them anyway.

I'm not complaining. I'm struggling now not to go buy an XDm 3.8 but wait for the gun show in three weeks to see what the selection/prices will be. I may not be able to hold off though. I'm wanting one pretty bad.
You nailed it. My exact ideas. I figured the same thing. Standardize across the board. Versuses going out and buying something in the same caliber from another make and have to stock more $30 magazines. I already have 4 or 5 magazines in the 19.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » SA-XD/XD(M) Accessories

Search tags for this page
do 5.25 xdm mags fit 3.8 xdm
do springfield xdm 4.5 and 3.8 use the same magazines
do the 4.5 springfield magazines fit the 3.8 pistols?
do the xdm 3.8 and the 4.5 accept the same magazines
full size xdm 9mm 3.8 19rds for sale
magaizine play in xdm
springfield xdm 9mm 3.8 10 rd mag
what magazines fit full size xdm 9mm
will .40 s&w mags work in a 9mm xdm
will a 9 mm xdm 3.8 mag fit in a 40 cal xdm 3.8
will xdm 9mm magazine fit browning hi power
xd 16rnd magazine fit a xdm 3.8 compact 9mm

xd(m)tm 40 s&w 16 round magazine

xdm 19 rd full size 3.8
xdm 9mm compact fits 14 rounds

xdm5003c

Click on a term to search for related topics.