• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Viridian C5L w/ ECR help

This is a discussion on Viridian C5L w/ ECR help within the SA-XD/XD(M) Accessories forums, part of the XD Talk category; I received my C5L for my XDm earlier this week. I wanted a holster that would take advantage of the ECR feature, but I have ...

Old 06-10-2012, 04:40 PM   #1
XDTalk Member

Member #: 72294
Viridian C5L w/ ECR help

I received my C5L for my XDm earlier this week. I wanted a holster that would take advantage of the ECR feature, but I have only seen right handed models. I need a left draw. So I ordered a hybrid holster from multiholsters.com instead of waiting for something to be made for us lefties. Today I was playing around with the C5L, and remembered that some cell phone functions are activated automatically by magnets in car docks or desk docks. So, I grabbed a magnet off my refrigerator and decided to move it around on my Viridian. Once the magnet was on the bottom of the C5L, it shut off. I was hoping that someone that has an ECR equipped Viridian could replicate this for me. If this is how it works with other units instead of just mine, I think I'll just incorporate a magnet in my holster when it arrives.
IRepodU is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 06-12-2012, 01:20 PM   #2
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 75002
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRepodU View Post
I received my C5L for my XDm earlier this week. I wanted a holster that would take advantage of the ECR feature, but I have only seen right handed models. I need a left draw. So I ordered a hybrid holster from multiholsters.com instead of waiting for something to be made for us lefties. Today I was playing around with the C5L, and remembered that some cell phone functions are activated automatically by magnets in car docks or desk docks. So, I grabbed a magnet off my refrigerator and decided to move it around on my Viridian. Once the magnet was on the bottom of the C5L, it shut off. I was hoping that someone that has an ECR equipped Viridian could replicate this for me. If this is how it works with other units instead of just mine, I think I'll just incorporate a magnet in my holster when it arrives.

Yes you are correct, sir. Funny you just posted this because I just posted a video to YouTube regarding this...my first ever concerning firearms.

I set out in the same direction as you, because the Taclock holster was not an option for me, and I realized it implements the same technology that Apple utilizes with the magnets located in the smart covers on the iPad 2 & 3 which triggers the sensor to shut off the screen.

I went to Ace hardware and acquired a few different size magnets and it works flawlessly as long as your touching the Viridian logo on the left side of the C5L w/ ECR.

I believe this technology can be utilized in any holster and I am currently getting a leather one made including a magnet inside. I also ordered the Galco concealed carry holster from Viridians site (not ECR equipped) and I plan on glueing/sewing in a magnet to make it ECR capable.

Spread this info!
Centurion321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:22 PM   #3
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 80344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centurion321 View Post
I also ordered the Galco concealed carry holster from Viridians site (not ECR equipped) and I plan on glueing/sewing in a magnet to make it ECR capable.
Did it work? Did you ever get the magnet in the Galco to make it ECR?

"A 9mm will kill your body. A .45 will kill your soul."
XDBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:37 PM   #4
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 80349
bump bump...
Flanders20 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » SA-XD/XD(M) Accessories

Search tags for this page
conceal carry viridian c5l

ecr capable

how does the viridian ecr work

how does viridian ecr work

how does viridian ecr work?
how ecr capable works
how to make a holster for the viridan c5l with ecr feature
magnet holster viridian
veridian c5l conceal
viridian

viridian c5l ecr

viridian c5l ecr not working

viridian ecr

viridian ecr holster magnet

viridian ecr magnet

why my ecr feature doesnt work on my viridan c5l
Click on a term to search for related topics.