• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Trigger upgrade

This is a discussion on Trigger upgrade within the SA-XD/XD(M) Accessories forums, part of the XD Talk category; I'm thinking of a trigger upgrade, and am considering doing a Springfield combat action or PRP trigger kit. Anyone with any thoughts comparing these?...

Old 03-31-2012, 03:30 PM   #1
XDTalk Member

Member #: 70249
Question Trigger upgrade

I'm thinking of a trigger upgrade, and am considering doing a Springfield combat action or PRP trigger kit. Anyone with any thoughts comparing these?
doctorpong is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-31-2012, 09:27 PM   #2
XDTalk Member

Member #: 70089
I have a PRP Ultimate on my XDM9mm. I can't really compare it much just because it's the first one I've owned, but I'm really like it better than any other triggers on all my guns. I would purchase again for my next XD
chammons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:49 PM   #3
XDTalk Member

Member #: 47498
I have 3XDMs all with trigger jobs. One by PRP, one by Springer Sprecision and one by Canyon Creek. I love them all. I do like the actual trigger from PRP as it has the built up area for a travel stop. Can't go wrong with any of them and I consider it a must have upgrade.
Unforgiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:53 PM   #4
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 53346
I highly recomend the ultimate match trigger kit from PRP. I have it on my xdm. I think it is the single best upgrade i have done
Falcon31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:11 PM   #5
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 65879
I have two XDms that were modified (triggers plus other upgrades) by Powder River Precision and I couldn't be happier. In fact, I just sent Daniel two more XDms for the full makeover. By the way, PRP is a forum sponsor.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
wgedwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:44 AM   #6
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 71977
lb pull

How many pound pull did you guys get on your trigger mod.
DonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:57 AM   #7
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 71426
I put the powder river drop in trigger in my xdm and it is nice. I also put in a springer extended mag release. Don't know how many pounds the pull is, but it feels really nice
Old 04-05-2012, 07:41 PM   #8
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 49511
My XD45 trigger was total crap untill I installed the PRP ultimate match trigger kit. I chose it because it seemed to be the easiest kit for a non gunsmith kinda guy like myself and I was right. Took me about 45 minutes to install with very little fitting needed.

I got an XDm9 last week and am going to get the same trigger kit for it as well.

On my Lymann digital trigger pull guage my XD45 trigger breaks at 3.65# based on a 10 pull average.

XDm9 compact
XDm9 competition
XDm45 compact
XDm45 competition
Sig 229R
Ruger MKII competition slab side

HK93 5.56
PSA AR15 premium 5.56
SKS M paratrooper
SKS SGgunworks bullpup
Draco SBR
Yugo M85 SBR
VEPR 54r
Many old military rifles and current hunting rifles

Remington 870P MAX
Many old shotguns. single shot, over under, bolt action, pump. All 45 years old and older.
mustang_gtcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:04 PM   #9
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 42990
I had canyon creek do my trigger...set at 3.5#. My buddy went with the PRP drop in. I must say the PRP kit is really nice and a 100% upgrade...but what Rich did to mine custom is far superior.

Where the PRP uses a plastic bump to remove over travel, rich actually reworks the stock internals to stop it dead in its tracks with no physical bump needed. The action on mine is also notably smoother as well. The downside is that you have to send your XD(m) in to Rich where as the PRP is DIY. Basically it is a matter of choice but I can honestly say, one is a one size fits all kit where the other is really a custom, fit to order trigger job. The upside is the price is exactly the same (save shipping)...
Old 04-06-2012, 09:48 PM   #10
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 72388
I put a springer precision trigger on my ccw which is a XD40 sub compact and loved it. It is like a totally different gun. I liked it so much I could hardly stand shooting my XDm 45 anymore. The trigger just seemed so sloppy after shooting the with the springer trigger. XDm is at springer precision as we speak getting the same treatment. Can't wait to get it back!
AKStallion is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » SA-XD/XD(M) Accessories

trigger

Search tags for this page
3.5 ponds trigger jobs for xdm 40
how many pounds is the trigger pull of xdm .40 5.25 comp series bi-tone
springfield armory xds trigger upgrade
springfield combat action job
springfield xd combat trigger
springfield xd trigger job cost

springfield xd trigger upgrade

springfield xdm trigger upgrade
springfield xds trigger upgrade
trigger upgrade
trigger upgrade for xdm
trigger upgrade springfield xd

xd 45 trigger upgrade

xd trigger upgrade

xdm trigger upgrade

xdtalk trigger upgrade
Click on a term to search for related topics.