• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Burris FastFire II on XDM

This is a discussion on Burris FastFire II on XDM within the SA-XD/XD(M) Accessories forums, part of the XD Talk category; I am not sure if this is the right place for this thread but here goes. Has anyone mounted a FF on a XD/M ? ...

Old 09-22-2011, 12:52 PM   #1
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 49045
Burris FastFire II on XDM

I am not sure if this is the right place for this thread but here goes.

Has anyone mounted a FF on a XD/M ? I took mine off a .22LR rfile (where it was working fine) and bought the Burris mount and put it on my XDM 3.8. I noticed that the red dot was "way high" in the viewing window, I had to move my head down to the floor and look up through the FF to even see the dot. I tried adjusting the elevation screw and that moved it a littler but nowhere near where it should be, i.e. resting over the front sight post.

I set it back for repair thinking it was out of calibration or somehow broken. Kudoes to Burris - they sent me a brand new FF shrink wrapped and everything. Very cool.

So I set that on the mount and screwed in the 2 screws and guess what - same problem!

Any ideas - will the FastFire work on this pistol ? Anyone tried it? Thx!
TheNeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 09-22-2011, 03:33 PM   #2
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 27078
Yes!
My XDm Open gun....

I use one and it works excellently.
Old 09-23-2011, 08:03 AM   #3
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 14870
I had one on my XD40 and it appeared to be the same, but as I sighted it in, found that it was dead nutz. I went back to my TruGlo sights and put the Fastfire on my turkey gun.
I don't dial 911 - I use .357
Gunzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 09:59 AM   #4
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 33132
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNeko View Post
I am not sure if this is the right place for this thread but here goes.

Has anyone mounted a FF on a XD/M ? I took mine off a .22LR rfile (where it was working fine) and bought the Burris mount and put it on my XDM 3.8. I noticed that the red dot was "way high" in the viewing window, I had to move my head down to the floor and look up through the FF to even see the dot. I tried adjusting the elevation screw and that moved it a littler but nowhere near where it should be, i.e. resting over the front sight post.

I set it back for repair thinking it was out of calibration or somehow broken. Kudoes to Burris - they sent me a brand new FF shrink wrapped and everything. Very cool.

So I set that on the mount and screwed in the 2 screws and guess what - same problem!

Any ideas - will the FastFire work on this pistol ? Anyone tried it? Thx!
Once its sighted in it does not matter where the dot is in the viewing window, as long as the dot is on the target you will hit it.

don
dglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 11:52 AM   #5
XDTalk Newbie

Yes I have used RDS before but if I push the gun out in a normal grip/stance, I can't see the dot at all. It's like it cranked way up out of view and the adjustment screws don't move it far enough down. Maybe I will try to get a photo because I am not explaining this well. Thanks for the suggestions tho.
Old 12-20-2011, 05:02 AM   #6
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 66955
Whose mount did you use for Burris FF II?

Who sells them?

Thanks
jet1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:58 PM   #7
XDTalk Newbie

I used the mount from Burris.
Old 12-25-2011, 09:44 PM   #8
XDTalk Member

Member #: 31946
I am having the same problem thinking of just putting the reddot on another gun. I not to happy about it
flynbye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 10:02 PM   #9
XDTalk Newbie

Well I finalkly got it working. Burriss sent me a few more of the plastic mounts that go into the rear sight channel after I destroyed the first one - that sight channel is tight! So I used a sight pusher rather than hammer and punch and got it in. Next I sent the FF back to Burris and they sent me what looks like a new one. Mounted that and it seemed to have the same issue but I toook it to the range and somehow the dot shows in the right place now. It works OK but I think I like the regular iron sights better - or maybe I just need to shoot it with the FF a bit more and get used to it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » SA-XD/XD(M) Accessories

Search tags for this page
burris fast fire 111 on xdm 9 competition

burris fastfire ii review

burris fastfire mount on xdm
burris fastfire mounted on an xdm mount
burris fastfire mounts for xdm
burris fastfire on xdm
burris fastfire red dot pistol sight for xdm

burris fastfire xd

burris fastfire xdm

burris mount xd same xdm
fastfire
how to mount burris fastfire 2 on springfield xd
problems adjusting burris fast fire 3
will the burris mount for xd pistol fit xdm pistol
xdm burris fastfire
Click on a term to search for related topics.