• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

FINALLY!!! XDM Guide Rod Laser from Lasermax

This is a discussion on FINALLY!!! XDM Guide Rod Laser from Lasermax within the SA-XD/XD(M) Accessories forums, part of the XD Talk category; What's they advantage to pulsating?...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » SA-XD/XD(M) Accessories » FINALLY!!! XDM Guide Rod Laser from Lasermax

Old 03-02-2011, 02:18 PM   #11
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 35119
What's they advantage to pulsating?
woundedyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-02-2011, 02:31 PM   #12
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 51107
Quote:
Originally Posted by woundedyak View Post
I would suspect, reduced battery consumption, and harder to pinpoint the laser location as its not on constantly IMO.
MCL Member

"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."
Father Kevin Keaney, 1st Marine Div Chaplain, Korean War
USMCBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 09:58 PM   #13
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 54631
how is the guide rod laser installed? and what is done with the spring that goes there? advantages/disadvantages of guide rod versus having one on the rail below?
topare17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 08:06 AM   #14
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 54681
Could someone please give me some more input on this guide-rod by Laser Max. Do they make one for the XD40, and has any one used it.How well did it work. Did the guide rod perform as well as the XD's guide rod. I have heard good and bad this about it. But not from anyone who has had one, and used it...Thank You..Angus
Old 03-05-2011, 05:20 PM   #15
XDTalk Member

Member #: 52730
I put one in my XD-40 SC today and put up some photos here:

LaserMax for XD-40SC

Just got it and have not been to the range yet.

Install was very easy and under a few minutes. Field strip the gun, remove the lever and replace with the one supplied. After installing the batteries and end cap, put the supplied guide rod spring in place of the old one. Assemble the gun then you are in business. I'm a little concerned about the activation button being pressed while it's in my Supertuck but so far so good.

Peaty
Peaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 05:21 PM   #16
XDTalk Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by woundedyak View Post
Besides the battery life, a flashing light is much easier to see and locate than a steady one.

Peaty
Old 03-06-2011, 08:07 AM   #17
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 50640
I have one in my XD9 and it works great for me, Peaty nice job on getting the photos up for people to view, I think one seems to shy away from installing the internal lazer because they just dont know how easy it can be...... and Angus73 can you post a larger shot of your photo? looks funny as hell
Old 03-09-2011, 10:06 PM   #18
XDTalk Member

Just a quick follow up on the LaserMax and SuperTuck. I've been breaking in the SuperTuck for the past few days around the house. I don't think it's going to be an issue with the light coming on. So far I've never seen the laser activated when I draw from the holster. I'm a little relieved because I thought it was going to be an issue.

Peaty
Old 03-10-2011, 01:56 PM   #19
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 53760
That laser max is slick, wish they made green and maybe the option to not pulse but based on what they say about pulsing being better to pick up I'm sure it is great. Just really can't get around the price being halfway to another gun and since I just got number 1 I think I'd want number 2 first and shoot a lot more with just my sights before getting such a pricey, though admittedly awesome accessory. I should have a trl3 waiting at home today though so who am I kidding! If +$300 was burning a hole in my pocket I'd throw that reasoning right out the window!

Peaty let us know how you like it...only bad review I read was a problem where the new takedown switch with the on off didn't work well and wouldn't stay in place like the stock one...maybe that was improper install so I'm curious how it holds up.
stevieachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 02:00 PM   #20
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 53760
Just saw your picks and the on off button on your take down lever is a button, on the xdm on their site it's a little lever...different design. Anyone know if xdm version has any problems reported.
stevieachi is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » SA-XD/XD(M) Accessories

guide rod, laser, lasermax, xdm

Search tags for this page
guide rod laser for springfield xd
guide rod laser sight for springfield xds 9mm
guide rod laser sight for xdm 9 3.8
guiderod laser for xdm reviews
lasermax for xdm 3.8
lasermax green guide rod laser xdm
lasermax guide rod laser xdm
lasermax laser sight for springfield xdm 40 compact
lasermax springfield xd
pictures of xdm with laser
springfield xdm 40 compact guide rod laser
springfield xdm 45 5.25 guide rod green laser
xdm 3.8 compact rod laser

xdm guide rod laser

xdm laser

xds 9mm laser guide
Click on a term to search for related topics.