• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Viridian Gen 2 X5L

This is a discussion on Viridian Gen 2 X5L within the SA-XD/XD(M) Accessories forums, part of the XD Talk category; Originally Posted by Obscura Researching lights/lasers Surefire X400 170 Lumens (win) Red Laser Hassle Free Lifetime Warranty (win) $460.00 Veridian X5L (Gen 2) 154 Lumens ...

Old 02-13-2011, 12:42 PM   #11
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 46933
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obscura View Post
Researching lights/lasers

Surefire X400
  1. 170 Lumens (win)
  2. Red Laser
  3. Hassle Free Lifetime Warranty (win)
  4. $460.00

Veridian X5L (Gen 2)
  1. 154 Lumens
  2. Green Laser (win)
  3. 12 Month Warranty
  4. Unknown Price (most likely less than Surefire)

Surefire's No Hassle warranty backed up by testimonials of folks who have successfully made warranty claims is a huge commitment to quality and customer service. I'd buy Surefire today if I hadn't ever demoed a green laser. As soon as I saw the difference between the green and red in person, there was no question that I preferred the green at every distance and lighting condition tested.

Veridian's web site says they were the first to adapt a green laser for use as a weapon sight. First to market says a lot, second generation light/laser combo in the works says they're still refining and improving the design.

What to do?
Buy an inexpensive Streamlight TLR-3 light and wait for the Veridian X5-L to prove itself or Surefire to release a green laser.
OpticsPlanet has it for $299.99.
Viridian Green Lasers Universal Mount Green Laser w/ Tactical Light FREE S&H X5L, X5L, X5L-RS. Viridian Green Lasers Laser Sights.

187 Lumens on strobe mode.

Streamlight TLR-2s has 160 lumens, No Excuses Lifetime Warranty, shockproof, water-resistant, dust proof, and strobe function all for $245. It's probably the best deal (in terms of being able to find a holster and an affordable weapon-mounted light/laser).

Streamlight Flashlight TLR-2 Flashlights Rail Mounted Tactical Light Laser Sight SALE 69120

That said, I would likely get a Viridian X5L (gen 2) if they would come out with a series of holsters for them. (they say they will)
NIS350ZTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-13-2011, 03:48 PM   #12
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 50771
^^^ thats the old one
"Lord make me fast and accurate, let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let NOT my last thought be if I only had my gun.....and lord.....if today is truly the day that you call me home.....let me die in a empty pile of brass"
Sublimeon24s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 08:34 PM   #13
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 46933
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublimeon24s View Post
^^^ thats the old one
No, look at the options underneath the pictures:

Quote:
Model

Viridian Green Lasers Universal Mount Green Laser w/ 100 Lumen Light X5L Included in Price

Viridian Universal Mount Green Laser w/ 200 Lumen Light Gen 2 X5L Add $40.00

Viridian Universal Mount Green Laser w/ 200 Lumen Light Gen 2 X5L and Remote Pressure Switch X5L-RS Add $50.00
Old one is $260, new one is $300.
NIS350ZTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 09:17 PM   #14
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 50771
ahhh ok....well they need to update their pix then, because the new one does not look like the ones they show.......plus its not a 200 lumen light on the new one so im not too convinced optics planet knows what they are talking about
"Lord make me fast and accurate, let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let NOT my last thought be if I only had my gun.....and lord.....if today is truly the day that you call me home.....let me die in a empty pile of brass"
Sublimeon24s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 09:19 PM   #15
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 51666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublimeon24s View Post
ahhh ok....well they need to update their pix then, because the new one does not look like the ones they show
I am a little afraid since it looks like the X5l Gen 2 doesn't have the laser directly on top of the light like the Gen 1. I'll definitely be waiting for a detailed review before I get mine.
atrizu is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » SA-XD/XD(M) Accessories

Search tags for this page
can the remote pressure switch be removed from the viridian x5l
sa xd gen 2
streamlight trr-2g vs viridian x5l gen 2
viridian pressure switch
viridian reviews between x5l first gen and second generation
viridian x5l gen 2
viridian x5l gen 2 200 lumen
viridian x5l gen 2 best price

viridian x5l gen 2 review

viridian x5l gen 2 vs streamlight tlr-2
viridian x5l gen 2 vs surefire x400
viridian x5l green laser sight 154 lumen
viridian x5l rs review
viridian x5l vs surefire x400
x5l gen 2 review
x5l-rs warranty
Click on a term to search for related topics.