• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Tactical light - what is best bang for the buck?

This is a discussion on Tactical light - what is best bang for the buck? within the SA-XD/XD(M) Accessories forums, part of the XD Talk category; Want a good starter tactical light. Can't break the bank right now, so less than $100 is a must. I'm pretty sure I want to ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » SA-XD/XD(M) Accessories » Tactical light - what is best bang for the buck?

Old 03-04-2010, 08:05 PM   #1
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 42455
Tactical light - what is best bang for the buck?

Want a good starter tactical light. Can't break the bank right now, so less than $100 is a must.

I'm pretty sure I want to go LED, and if possible, I'd like the light to have a Cree LED. A buddy of mine just went to work there and I'd like to show solidarity.

I'd like to stay away from rechargable. I'm more of a put fresh batteries in once a year and not worry about charging kind of guy.

Name brand is not important. I don't feel the need to pay extra to have it say Surefire or Streamlight on the side IF I can get equivalent quality and features in another brand.

I want it bright. Not to win in some 'mine is brighter than yours' dick measuring contest, but because 1) I want to see what I'm pointing the light at, and 2) If I can gain an advantage over a potential bad guy by giving him a blast in the eyes, all the better.

Strobe function would be great also, but not a deal breaker.

Suggestions? Comments? Links to good deals all welcome...

Thanks in advance...
Remington 870 Express Super Magnum - Pistol grip front/rear, short barrel, magazine tube extension, side-mount shell holder

NRA Member
IDPA Member

Unworthy servant, saved by His grace.
XD9SC Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-04-2010, 09:04 PM   #2
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 41737
1 left!

WTS: Surefire XL-200A Lights (VA)

XD9
G17
G19
G26
Walther P22
ThatSickRip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:06 PM   #3
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 33268
TLR-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

IWB

OWB
xdmp22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:29 PM   #4
XDTalk Member

Member #: 43891
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdmp22 View Post
TLR-3

+1
Sig Sauer Mosquito .22
TDI Vector KRISS .45
Troy Ind / Springfield M1A Loaded .308
Wilson Combat M4 5.56
Benelli M4 12ga
RTT CQB man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:33 PM   #5
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 27123
Personally, I feel the best weaponlight out there is the Surefire X300; you do get something for paying for the name that a el-cheapo, Chinese junk light (which a no-name light will almost certainly be) will just simply not deliver...

However, that is more than you say you want to pay...so, with your criteria, the Streamlight TLR-3 is pretty much what you are looking for.

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding it's way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge".--Isaac Asimov
Cuda66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:39 PM   #6
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 33268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuda66 View Post
Personally, I feel the best weaponlight out there is the Surefire X300; you do get something for paying for the name that a el-cheapo, Chinese junk light (which a no-name light will almost certainly be) will just simply not deliver...

However, that is more than you say you want to pay...so, with your criteria, the Streamlight TLR-3 is pretty much what you are looking for.
i agree there are better lights than the TLR-3 but for the 70-90 bucks for them they are great

IWB

OWB
xdmp22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 02:43 AM   #7
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 41441
Spend a little more for a quality product and it will cost you less. This is what I use and recommend (from a buyer I have purchased from.) No strobe, but I really don't recommend them unless you're into lava lamps and blacklights.

TLR-1:

New Streamlight TLR 1 C4 LED Tactical Flashlight TLR1 - eBay (item 150402920317 end time Mar-06-10 09:01:59 PST)

Compare the MIL SPEC for durability, battery life, and lumens output to other products...

Here's a great alternative for batteries that I use:

Titanium Innovations CR123A 3V Lithium Photo Battery 1400mah

XD(m) .40 S&W 4.5"
TruGlo TFO Sights
LaserMax Uni-Max Red
Streamlight TLR-1
Pachmayr Tactical Grip Glove
CoolHunting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 06:10 AM   #8
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 27200
I highly recommend Fenix Tactical lights. I carry a PD-30.

Fenix LED Flashlights - Fenix, VersaTi, Microfire, Lupine, Pila, Maxpedution - Fenix Tactical LED Flashlights - fenixtactical.com - fenix-led
KelTec P3AT .380
S&W .38 Snubby
S&W 9mm Model 39
Walther P22
Marlin BA .22
Remington Viper .22
Marlin SA .22
Sears & Roebuck 12ga.
mousegun380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:55 PM   #9
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 44230
My TLR-3 is arriving tomorrow...so ill post up how i like it once i get a chance to play with it...But i will be suprised if i dont love it...so far i have not been disappointed with streamlight ...
jsparx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:10 PM   #10
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 43821
Streamlight by far the surefires eat batteries like obama eats jobs
Marlin 30-06 XL7
Remington 870 Express Super Mag
NRA Member
VCDL Member
CHP Holder (VA)

"Silence is the loudest sound on earth"
ubergeek is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » SA-XD/XD(M) Accessories

Search tags for this page
best bang for you buck police flsshlight

best tac light

best tactical flashlight for the money

best tactical flashlight under 100
best tactical light for pistol
best tactical light for springfield xd
best tactical light for the money
best tactical pistol light springfield xd
best weapon light for the money
best weaponlight for springfield xdm
good tac lights under $100
springfield xd40 tactical light
what is a good pistol light for the money
what is a good tactical flashlight
what is the best tactical flashlight for a springfield xd 9mm ?
what tactical light is best for springfield xd
Click on a term to search for related topics.