• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Viridian C5L for XD-Sub Compact. YAY!!!!!!!

This is a discussion on Viridian C5L for XD-Sub Compact. YAY!!!!!!! within the SA-XD/XD(M) Accessories forums, part of the XD Talk category; I have still read tons of reviews on various gun forums about these not holding zero and not staying tightly secured to various weapons they ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » SA-XD/XD(M) Accessories » Viridian C5L for XD-Sub Compact. YAY!!!!!!!

Old 02-08-2011, 01:19 PM   #181
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 50771
I have still read tons of reviews on various gun forums about these not holding zero and not staying tightly secured to various weapons they are installed on........Ive also ready that on the XD / XDM you cannot get both screws on the accessory rail, which looks like the case in the pics posted above............Who that actually has a C5L on a XD / XDM has put atleast 500 rounds through the gun with it to vouch or its accuracy?
"Lord make me fast and accurate, let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let NOT my last thought be if I only had my gun.....and lord.....if today is truly the day that you call me home.....let me die in a empty pile of brass"
Sublimeon24s is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-08-2011, 10:33 PM   #182
XDTalk Member

Member #: 52972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublimeon24s View Post
I have still read tons of reviews on various gun forums about these not holding zero and not staying tightly secured to various weapons they are installed on........Ive also ready that on the XD / XDM you cannot get both screws on the accessory rail, which looks like the case in the pics posted above............Who that actually has a C5L on a XD / XDM has put atleast 500 rounds through the gun with it to vouch or its accuracy?

I just got my C5L so I couldn't say about the 500 rounds but I put 150 in that same day. The problem isn't the zeroing of the laser but the distance in which you zero it. Remember that the barrel and laser are at different heights so the zero at 5, 10, and 15 yards will have a different angles. In my opinion the correct answer is that there is no zero unless you want your laser adjust to a certain length or you zero using a boresight which I am looking into(which would still end in an angle)... (exhale) Hope that makes sense to you! Here's and example of the different angles

As far as the securing of the laser it's one screw straight through very little wiggle

- Springfield XD-40 SC w/ Trijicon Night Sights & Viridian C5L (Black) - (1,250rds)
Natevic86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 10:51 PM   #183
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 42478
Parallax - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Backup Carry Weapon: Taurus Tracker 44Mag Snubnose
Non Lethal Carry: Sabre Red Crossfire 1.3%
Flashlight Carry: Streamlight Strion 74301
Carry Knife: Buck PakLite Skinner

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

divxrippimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:16 PM   #184
XDTalk Member

Member #: 52972
Quote:
Originally Posted by divxrippimp View Post
Exactly!!! Thanks divxrippimp! My sugestion zero at 15 to 25 yds anything less should hit with or without laser and is almost (<---Keyword)automatic if you've put in pratice...

- Springfield XD-40 SC w/ Trijicon Night Sights & Viridian C5L (Black) - (1,250rds)
Natevic86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 12:56 AM   #185
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 39842
I did have issues with the X5L not securing well to my XD-45. Within 2 magazines (20 rounds) the sight point would shift anywhere from 4-12 inches at 10yds. Viridians excuse, Springfield XD rails are different sizes and the fit is due to the variances of the rail. Basically, it was Springfield's fault that a "universal" mount laser would wiggle that much.

The fix... they said the C5L mounting system was designed to take this into account and should be a much better fit. I haven't run any rounds through since getting the C5L, but, it does seem like a much better fit. I will have to add that with testing the laser about 1-2 minutes 2 times a week for about 7 months has already killed my battery. And where you insert the battery can crossthread very easily (mine was shipped to me crossthreaded). Overall, I am still pleased with the better fit. Need to test it out at the range to be sure.

As for zeroing... IMO, best is to zero out to about 20yds. Largest "open" space in my home is about 12yds. This means that anything I point at in that range will be hit around 1 inch high. I know this and can adjust for it, or, feel comfortable that 1 inch will be close enough to my point of aim unless I'm trying to "dot the i" so to speak.
jetboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 12:13 PM   #186
XDTalk 500 Member

I know I would want ZERO wiggle when installed..............wiggle = will get out alignment quickly with recoil after "x" amount of shooting.............my new Crimson trace LG-448 has no wiggle whatsoever, put about 300 rounds through it so far. I was looking at getting the Viridian gen 2 X5L for my XDM 45, but there are just too many discouraging reviews on the web of losing zero quickly and not staying mounted securely with Viridian products then positive ones it seems.........and their warranty sux compared to most the other manufactures
"Lord make me fast and accurate, let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let NOT my last thought be if I only had my gun.....and lord.....if today is truly the day that you call me home.....let me die in a empty pile of brass"
Old 02-19-2011, 04:05 PM   #187
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 44031
Anyone else have an issue with the laser turning itself off randomly while you're shooting? I think I have something loose inside my laser. I get like 3 shots off and the thing shuts off and then the next shot it comes back on, and then the next one it goes out, etc...

Anyone else experience anything like that?

XDm-40 3.8 two-tone w/ Viridian C5L laser and Trijicon night sights (SOLD)

Springfield 1911 Lightweight Operator
Springfield 1911 Micro-Compct
Vaffanculo403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 01:07 AM   #188
XDTalk 500 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaffanculo403 View Post
Anyone else have an issue with the laser turning itself off randomly while you're shooting? I think I have something loose inside my laser. I get like 3 shots off and the thing shuts off and then the next shot it comes back on, and then the next one it goes out, etc...

Anyone else experience anything like that?
Thats another major complaint ive come across on various gun forums about Viridians
Old 04-19-2012, 04:52 PM   #189
XDTalk Member

Member #: 52694
I purchased my Viridian C5L, 3 extra CR2 batteries, and the Tac-Loc holster for my XDm 3.8 Compact 9mm. This was after reading tens of reviews on this and other gun forums, vendor websites, and youtube. I decided that although the X5L would be brighter, I was not willing to have the flashlight bezel protruding past the muzzle, since this gun is my CCW.

I ended up purchasing mine from www.xfighterdefense.com because I found the cost relatively cheap at $264.99. The cost for 3 extra batteries from the same vendor was $5.99. I was worried about dealing with a company I had not previously heard of, but another XD Talk member recommended them, so I took the risk. I am not disappointed at all. The package came within 5 days of the order. Everything was secured properly in the box and it came with a nice letter from one of their representatives.

The laser kicks a$$! A ton of my friends have Crimson Trace products and they cannot use them at all unless they employ reflective tape, it is getting dark, or is very overcast outside. I took the C5L out in direct sunlight last Friday and it was amazingly easy to see. I cannot comment on long-term hold of zero, but I can testify that mine has held for its first 150 rounds. I zeroed mine at 12 yards and with laser only, had one large in each of my targets, with diameter about 4". Green definitely IS the way to go. At night, the laser is ridiculously bright.

The flashlight is appropriate for close range use, as should be expected. One can not look directly in its direction without feeling overwhelmed, especially on strobe mode. Friends commented it made them feel disoriented when I pointed it at them (before being mounted on the gun, obviously).

Lastly, for the Tac-Loc holster... I am not so impressed with it. Although it securely latches on the C5L's thumbscrew, the "combat readiness" feature, which is supposed to turn the laser on when the gun is drawn from the holster, does not work. In fact, I can not even see how it should work. If I am mistaken and there is another version of this holster that does what I am saying, then shame on me for not understanding the sales literature, I guess. I am not freaking out about it because it is only a temporary holster, until I can get a custom, tuckable one made.

Update... it turns out was not using the Tac-Lock feature of the Viridian holster properly. When you holster the gun with laser activated, the holster turns off. Then, when the gun is drawn, the laser is activated. Since the holster is open-ended, you can see it go on & off from the muzzle end. Strangely, the mechanism does not work in reverse. In other words, if the laser is off when you holster the gun, holstering it does not turn it on. This puzzles me, since the Viridian buttons are simple A/B toggle switches. Oh well, when operated as the instructions state, it works as claimed!

Last edited by donovan; 04-24-2012 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Update!
donovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:11 AM   #190
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 35552
in for later
neginfluence04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » SA-XD/XD(M) Accessories

Search tags for this page
c5l on xd sub-compact
custom subcompact pistol
springfield xd9 subcompact review viridian c5
springfield xds veridian
viridian c5 review

viridian c5l

viridian c5l laser on xd subcompact
viridian c5l not holding
viridian c5l on xd9 compact

viridian c5l review

viridian c5l xd subcompact
viridian c5l xdmtalk
viridian x5l on xd sub
xd subcompact viridian
xd9 subcompact
xdm 3.8 viridian
Click on a term to search for related topics.