• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

EFK Firedragon, Bar-Sto, or Storm Lake 9mm conversion for XD40 Tactical?

This is a discussion on EFK Firedragon, Bar-Sto, or Storm Lake 9mm conversion for XD40 Tactical? within the SA-XD/XD(M) Accessories forums, part of the XD Talk category; Hi all, I am considering purchasing another XD. I had a XD9 subcompact, but sold it to my mom. I have a XD45 compact tactical ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » SA-XD/XD(M) Accessories » EFK Firedragon, Bar-Sto, or Storm Lake 9mm conversion for XD40 Tactical?

Old 09-20-2009, 10:39 PM   #1
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 39771
EFK Firedragon, Bar-Sto, or Storm Lake 9mm conversion for XD40 Tactical?

Hi all, I am considering purchasing another XD. I had a XD9 subcompact, but sold it to my mom. I have a XD45 compact tactical now and I have been leaning towards either an XD or XDM. I'd really like to know if anyone has experience with using a EFK Firedragon, Bar-Sto, or Storm Lake 9mm conversion barrel in a Springfield XD40 Tactical. If I go that route I would get the 9mm magazines for it as well, but I'd like to know what kind of experience you have, if you need anything else, like springs (Bar-Sto's website says you need a 13 lb. spring, but the others make no mention of needing to use a different spring), and what your experience has been. Any FTE's or FTF's? Have you had to make any modifications? Also, if you have experience with more than one of those barrel manufacturer's, what has your experience been? I am thinking of a 9mm more for being able to reliably use cheaper (sometimes dirtier) ammo in a more powerful gun than for turning it into a tack driver. As such I would rather go with a barrel manufacturer that machines their barrels a little looser and trade some accuracy for a little more reliability when shooting.
yonse is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 09-20-2009, 11:51 PM   #2
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 24976
Quote:
Originally Posted by yonse View Post
Hi all, I am considering purchasing another XD. I had a XD9 subcompact, but sold it to my mom. I have a XD45 compact tactical now and I have been leaning towards either an XD or XDM. I'd really like to know if anyone has experience with using a EFK Firedragon, Bar-Sto, or Storm Lake 9mm conversion barrel in a Springfield XD40 Tactical. If I go that route I would get the 9mm magazines for it as well, but I'd like to know what kind of experience you have, if you need anything else, like springs (Bar-Sto's website says you need a 13 lb. spring, but the others make no mention of needing to use a different spring), and what your experience has been. Any FTE's or FTF's? Have you had to make any modifications? Also, if you have experience with more than one of those barrel manufacturer's, what has your experience been? I am thinking of a 9mm more for being able to reliably use cheaper (sometimes dirtier) ammo in a more powerful gun than for turning it into a tack driver. As such I would rather go with a barrel manufacturer that machines their barrels a little looser and trade some accuracy for a little more reliability when shooting.
One of those options is actually known for making top of the line match barrels. The other two are kinda Johnny-come-latelys.

When choosing between Dillon and anyone, I choose Dillon.
when choosing between BarSto and anyone, I choose BarSto.

Why? No risk. If you don't like it send it back. Both of those companies are known for that level of service.

I own everything that Rebecca Peters hates.
GunnBugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 04:04 PM   #3
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 43962
I am also looking for a conversion. XD sub .40cal to a .357 sig

I am also looking for a conversion. XD sub .40cal to a .357 sig. but I am having trouble finding them. EFK FIREDRAGON is out if stock and wont reply to my email
oneshao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 10:52 PM   #4
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 12193
I have the 5" Storm Lake conversion barrel. It is very well made and quite accurate but I am having some issues with stovepipes/ FTE. I do not have any 9mm mags as they are very hard to come by in my area so I don't know if that will solve my problem or not. I also have not tried a different spring. I will probably try that next. I have a thread in the general SA talk section on this topic. TC
trky chsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:07 PM   #5
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 42478
I sold it to my mom is awesome... lol.
divxrippimp is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » SA-XD/XD(M) Accessories

9mm, conversion, springfield, tactical, xd40

Search tags for this page

bar sto vs storm lake

bar sto xd subcompact 9mm

bar-sto vs storm lake

efk 40 to 9

efk fire dragon vs bar sto

efk fire dragon vs bar-sto

efk fire dragon xd 9mm tactical barrel review

efk vs storm lake

springfield storm lake vs fire dragon
springfield xd 40 to 9mm conversion barrel fire dragon
storm lake
storm lake barrels springfield 40 to 9mm
storm lake conversion barrel springfield xd tactical threaded
tornado barrels vs efk firedragon
xd 40 9mm conversion
xd subcompact 9mm with efk dragonfire
Click on a term to search for related topics.