• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Laserlyte versus Armalaser?

This is a discussion on Laserlyte versus Armalaser? within the SA-XD/XD(M) Accessories forums, part of the XD Talk category; Hello everyone, I am wondering about laser options for the XD-9 subcompact. I like the pistol's grip as is, so I may avoid Crimson Trace. ...

Old 05-11-2009, 10:26 PM   #1
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 36969

Hello everyone, I am wondering about laser options for the XD-9 subcompact. I like the pistol's grip as is, so I may avoid Crimson Trace. Lasermax is not an option since my barrel is the newer style. The laser they make for the rail appears to be too long for the subcompact's available rail space.

The remaining options appear to be the Laserlyte S.C. V2 (Subcompact Version 2) http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/general...ns-my-xds.html or the Armalaser KTKRSSXD Springfield XD Sub-compact RSS SPRINGFIELD XD SUB-COMPACT RSS - Springfield XD RSS by ArmaLaser Inc.

Any opinions? Thanks!

Steve
imnotaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 05-11-2009, 10:28 PM   #2
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 36674
From what I read, Armalaser is chit. I ended up getting the X2L light/laser combo for my SC .40. I also looked at the crimson trace, which is a nice product since you don't have to worry about holster options.

Are you using the laser for HD, GP, or range shooting?
Crackerballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:40 PM   #3
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 22906
I just sent back my RSS (for an xd40sc). They have some good ideas and designs but for me the durability and longevity of their product was a concern. I am going to buy crimson trace it's more money but you get what you pay for.
trailblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:52 PM   #4
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 37184
Quote:
Originally Posted by imnotaper View Post
Hello everyone, I am wondering about laser options for the XD-9 subcompact. I like the pistol's grip as is, so I may avoid Crimson Trace. Lasermax is not an option since my barrel is the newer style. The laser they make for the rail appears to be too long for the subcompact's available rail space.

The remaining options appear to be the Laserlyte S.C. V2 (Subcompact Version 2) http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/general...ns-my-xds.html or the Armalaser KTKRSSXD Springfield XD Sub-compact RSS SPRINGFIELD XD SUB-COMPACT RSS - Springfield XD RSS by ArmaLaser Inc.

Any opinions? Thanks!

Steve
Dude, I think that our 3" Subcompact XD's can still use the Lasermax.. There has been no style changes to the 3" guns, only the 4" and 5" afaik.

Read from lasermax site: Springfield Armory has released a new barrel lug configuration on their existing 4" and 5" XD line of handguns which mirrors the XDM.....

The warning about looking at your barrel doesn't even show up on the subcompact 3" lasermax information page. I'm looking at the lasermax too!
jwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 06:56 AM   #5
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 36969

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackerballer View Post
Are you using the laser for HD, GP, or range shooting?
It will be for home defense, although I will certainly practice with it at the range, too. Must be prepared!

Thanks for the information! I had not heard much about Armalaser. I looked at the Lasermax site but missed the fact that they are not talking about the 3" barrel.
imnotaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:17 AM   #6
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 24423
+1 for the Crimson Trace. Don't rule it out as an option. Even though it wraps around the grip I barely notice mine.
A walk is a missed opportunity for golf!
-Andrew Grieg-
rsallen13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 12:08 PM   #7
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 32653
I like the armalaser on the PF9. Bright, fringer activation works well, and it stays zeroed.
Old 05-20-2009, 03:31 AM   #8
XDTalk Member

Member #: 37015
I have relatively small hands and have an array of lasers and lights. I took a chance with the crimson tracer because none of them fit my XD40SC. After I put the crimson trace, I actually shot better. I loved the grip of the gun before, but it gave a small curve to the sides. I think it complemented the natural curve of your palm and fingers. Suggest you find one to try out.
Shyguy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 09:02 AM   #9
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 38001
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwild View Post
Dude, I think that our 3" Subcompact XD's can still use the Lasermax.. There has been no style changes to the 3" guns, only the 4" and 5" afaik.

Read from lasermax site: Springfield Armory has released a new barrel lug configuration on their existing 4" and 5" XD line of handguns which mirrors the XDM.....

The warning about looking at your barrel doesn't even show up on the subcompact 3" lasermax information page. I'm looking at the lasermax too!
I just got a XD .40 SC and a new Lasermax last week. I noticed the same thing on the Lasermax site, so I thought I was golden. The Lasermax does not appear to fit right, however. When assembled, I can't actuate the on/off switch - it freely clicks back and forth before assembly, but I can't get the switch to move when it is fully assembled.

I followed the directions exactly. I'm also a mechanical engineer, so in theory I should be able to handle this better than the average person. I'm going to call Lasermax's tech support line on Monday to see what they know. I'll report back on what I find out...
BuellBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 08:52 AM   #10
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 38001
Okay, I can confirm that the Lasermax internal laser does work with the latest XD subcompacts. I called the tech line, and Carrie identified my problem as being a faulty take down lever switch. They shipped a new one to me the next day with a prepaid UPS return label to ship my old one back. The Lasermax works perfectly now - just as I had hoped it would!

My barrel lug does look like the new XD one shown on the Lasermax website that reportedly doesn't work with the laser (it has the crescent indention that meets with the guide rod). Carrie did confirm that the Lasermax for the 3" SC was designed to work with this configuration barrel lug.
BuellBoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » SA-XD/XD(M) Accessories

armalaser, laser, laserlyte, subcompact

Search tags for this page

arma laser problems

armalaser

armalaser gto for springfield xds vs crimpson trace
armalaser reviews subcompact

armalaser rss

armalaser rss vs laserlyte v3
armalaser springfield armory xd subcompact laser

armalaser springfield xd subcompact

armalaser xd

laserlyte v3 review

laserlyte vs armalaser cpx-2
springfield xd subcompact armalaser

viridian c5l xds

xd9 subcompact rss laser
xds c5l
xds viridian c5
Click on a term to search for related topics.