• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Jumped on the XS sight bandwagon

This is a discussion on Jumped on the XS sight bandwagon within the SA-XD/XD(M) Accessories forums, part of the XD Talk category; Finally had these installed tonight. The install was pretty straight forward. Sight picture is very fast. I have the standard size dot. I'll let you ...

Old 12-16-2005, 02:53 AM   #1
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 4279
Jumped on the XS sight bandwagon

Finally had these installed tonight. The install was pretty straight forward. Sight picture is very fast. I have the standard size dot. I'll let you guys know how I did at the range sometime tomorrow afternoon.. Till then here's a pic of the front sight.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
021411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 12-16-2005, 05:16 AM   #2
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 6705
Where did you get them and how much were they?
Old 12-16-2005, 09:41 AM   #3
XDTalk 1K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epeez
Where did you get them and how much were they?
I got them at Brownell's. If you get them there, select the model that fits the Sig 225, etc.. They are the same as the XD model. If you select the XD model, it will say that it is dropped from the manufacturer. Weird huh? Anyway I paid only $90 +shipping. I have access to dealer pricing there.

Old 12-17-2005, 09:53 PM   #4
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 7582
Re: Jumped on the XS sight bandwagon

021411 wrote: "Finally had these installed tonight."

Did you do the installation or someone else? I ask because I'm considering installing a Dawson fiber optic front on my XD but I've been cautioned against because removing the existing OEM is EXTREMELY difficult as is installation of a new sight (perfectly matching the sight dove tail angle with dove tail angle in the slide etc). Any suggestions? Thanks.
Ripplingh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 10:04 PM   #5
XDTalk 1K Member

I tried removing the factory sights myself with no luck. I did the freezer technique and that still didn't work. I ended up taking the slide to a gunsmith. He used a pusher to get them off. Took all but 5 minutes.
The XS sights I did myself with a help of a friend. The install was pretty straight forward. We slowly sanded the bottom of the sights with fine grit sand paper until it could fit in the dovetail cut half way. Once it was there we tapped it on home with a plastic punch and brass hammer.
Same with the rear.
If you are holding the gun in a shooting position, the sights are removed from the Right to left. The dove tail gets tighter on the right. We put the sights in reverse order (left to right). It worked fine.

Old 12-17-2005, 10:26 PM   #6
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 6890
Re: Jumped on the XS sight bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 021411
Finally had these installed tonight. The install was pretty straight forward. Sight picture is very fast. I have the standard size dot. I'll let you guys know how I did at the range sometime tomorrow afternoon.. Till then here's a pic of the front sight.

I see your in Houston, so am I and its funny because I just bought some XS sights myself. Which gunsmith did you take your gun to to get the sights off. BTW, I don't know if I have the skill to install them, know of any competent smith that can do both?

I appreciate the help in advance.
nightraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 10:30 PM   #7
XDTalk 1K Member

I took the gun to Top Gun Shooting Range. The 'smith there took it off. I'm sure he can slap them on.
www.topgunrange.com

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » SA-XD/XD(M) Accessories

Search tags for this page
638 xs sight
benelli m2 xs big dot
benelli m2 xs sights
does anyone have pics of a 638 with xs sights
xs sights dealer houston
xs sights for a benelli m2

xs sights for benelli m2

xs sights for benellie m2

xs sights for m2 benelli
xs sights on a 638
xs sights on benelli m2
Click on a term to search for related topics.