• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Review: Comp-Tac CTAC for XD-9

This is a discussion on Review: Comp-Tac CTAC for XD-9 within the SA-XD/XD(M) Accessories forums, part of the XD Talk category; Just purchased one at my local stocking dealer. It pays off to have Comp-Tac's HQ in your city. First off I'm 5'6", 245 pounds with ...

Old 12-03-2005, 11:31 AM   #1
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 4279
Review: Comp-Tac CTAC for XD-9

Just purchased one at my local stocking dealer. It pays off to have Comp-Tac's HQ in your city. First off I'm 5'6", 245 pounds with some love handles. I haven't made my final adjustments on the holster but damn does it feel comfortable. I'll give my initial review later tonight.
Hey, big boys need love too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
021411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 12-03-2005, 12:46 PM   #2
XDTalk 1K Member

Finally got everything tightened down where I want it. Let the test begin....

Old 12-03-2005, 10:01 PM   #3
XDTalk 1K Member

9 hours later...

I've been wearing it all day today with no ill effects. The holster is still comfortable. I don't have any hotspots from the holster. I did various tasks around the house and even took an afternoon nap with it on. Went to Wally World and did some walking. No problems. Sitting in my car was fine too. My car has sport buckets with larger than normal side bolsters.
Two thumbs up for the CTAC.

Old 12-04-2005, 02:40 AM   #4
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 4791
This is one of those tuckable holsters right. If so, how do you or will you explain to someone asking about the 2 clips showing.

I've looked at some of these types of holsters on this forum and the various companys' sites and always wondered about that since the clips are noticable with your shirt tucked in. I would appreciate any answer from anyone on this question. Thanks.
retired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 08:26 AM   #5
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 6915
ive got one too. get the c-clips they have, and untuck your shirt a little more. in the pics their site has, it shows a guy with tan c-clips and tan belt, but they only sell black. A thick black belt with c-clips is barely noticeable.
Green Kel-tec P3AT
8-shot Mossberg 500 SP w/ pistol grip

What don't these Politicians understand about the term "ILLEGAL ALIEN"? Enough of this "Unauthorized Migrant" and "Undocumented Worker" crap!
gsfmiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 10:41 AM   #6
XDTalk 1K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired
This is one of those tuckable holsters right. If so, how do you or will you explain to someone asking about the 2 clips showing.

I've looked at some of these types of holsters on this forum and the various companys' sites and always wondered about that since the clips are noticable with your shirt tucked in. I would appreciate any answer from anyone on this question. Thanks.
retired, yes they are tuckable. Comp-Tac wells a variety of mount clips that you can switch out. They also have a "velcro" clip that is somewhat stealth. I'm sure no one will notice it.

Old 12-07-2005, 11:08 AM   #7
XDTalk Member

Member #: 6752
I've got the c-clips on mine and no one has ever noticed or said a thing. I have heard of people using the velcro, I would think that would be for "extreme" concealment. The little c-clips just blend in great.
SLYDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 11:57 AM   #8
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 4946
I clip my phone by the front clip and haven't ever had anyone notice with the c-clips or standard.
P.s. if you want brown go buy some vinyl die at the local parts store personally I like Black
Watch me shoot

R/T Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 02:26 PM   #9
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 7352
I have the J clips on mine no one has said anything yet.
XD-9 Service

If guns kill people then my keyboard is responsable for misspelled words.
dave2184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 09:35 PM   #10
XDTalk 1K Member

I never wear my shirts tucked. Standard clips have never been a problem. If I did have to tuck my shirt in, my belt is black anyway. People probably wouldn't notice. It's usually other concealed carry people that make out other CCWs...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » SA-XD/XD(M) Accessories

Search tags for this page
c-tac review

comp tac ctac review

comp tac ctac reviews

comp-tac ctac review

comptac ctac review

ctac holster (w/ light)

ctac holster (w/ light) review
ctac holster (w/ light) reviews

ctac holster review

ctac reviews holster
ctac with light
xd9 with c tac
Click on a term to search for related topics.