• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Review: Comp-Tac CTAC for XD-9

This is a discussion on Review: Comp-Tac CTAC for XD-9 within the SA-XD/XD(M) Accessories forums, part of the XD Talk category; Thanks 021411, I will have to look into this holster. I am about the same size as you and was unsure how an iwb holster ...

Old 12-08-2005, 08:03 AM   #11
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 7241
Thanks 021411, I will have to look into this holster. I am about the same size as you and was unsure how an iwb holster and gun would feel pressing against my "love handles" all day. lol!
Old 12-08-2005, 08:11 AM   #12
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 4279
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgnzlz
Thanks 021411, I will have to look into this holster. I am about the same size as you and was unsure how an iwb holster and gun would feel pressing against my "love handles" all day. lol!
No prob.. Now what may be a problem is our build. My thighs aren't 'big' so the holster doesn't dig into my leg. I'm mainly heavy up top if you will. Get it and try it. I'm sure someone will take it off your hands if it's really not for you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
021411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 11:15 PM   #13
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 2929
Retired: I use exclusively this holster when I'm off duty. I have never been asked about the clips (I use the C clips). I use a tan belt, not a black one, so you'd think that someone would notice. I went to a three day training with a fellow deputy once and wore the CTAC. On the third day he asked me why I wasn't carrying. It could be my build, but it seems to conceal really well. Just for reference I am about 5'09", 160lbs. I just figured that if the clips came up I would lie and say it was for my colostomy bag...

I usually just wear it under a t-shirt untucked, but have used it when wearing every style of shirt I wear, including shirt and tie. I have never had anyone notice it.

FWIW, MC
Mountain Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 11:58 PM   #14
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 7505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Cop
Just for reference I am about 5'09", 160lbs. I just figured that if the clips came up I would lie and say it was for my colostomy bag...
Great Post!

Do you ever have a problem with the top of the C-Clip sliding off of your belt? Some guys in another thread were saying that because their bodies werent applying enough pressure up against the clips to keep them snug to the belt, they would tend to slip off and pull the pants down a little below the belt...

I ask because your size is in the same ballpark as me..

Thanks in advance
R.E.Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 05:04 AM   #15
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 2929
I have had them slip a little, but a high-quality gun belt seems to help. I don't know why, it could be the extra rigidity or thickness. In any case, since I've started using a Galco belt I haven't had the problem.

MC
Mountain Cop is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » SA-XD/XD(M) Accessories

Search tags for this page
c-tac review
comp tac ctac light review

comp tac ctac review

comp tac ctac reviews
comp-tac ctac review
comptac ctac review
ctac

ctac holster (w/ light)

ctac holster (w/ light) review
ctac holster (w/ light) reviews

ctac holster review

ctac reviews holster
ctac with light
ctac xd9
xd9 with c tac
Click on a term to search for related topics.